IGNORED

"Your First Birdie" Thread

polodinks
Note: This thread is 3443 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I remember mine, but I also started playing when I was 27. 320 yard par 4. I hit my drive into the right rough. The lie was not to bad, but the ball was a good 6" or so above my feet. I hit a choked down PW from 100 yards. It stopped about 3' left and 8' long. The putt was downhill with a decent amount of break. I curled it right in.. :)

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first was at a little par-3 in Kettering, OH called Rollandia. On the 80-yard 10th, I hit PW wide of the green by 5 feet and then chipped in from there. My bruv and I had just started golfing. He was incredulous.

Penn State Blue(Competition) Course. Forget which hole but it was like a 140-150yd par 3 with water to the front left. Hit a nice high 8-iron. Pin was right in the center. I put it about 10 feet over the pin and it spun back a good bit. Ended up about 6 inches from the hole. Tap in for birdie. Think I went on to shoot somewhere in the low 90s that day, but my God was that a bright spot.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

I'll describe my first birdie where I beat the other first tee dad's in my group on a hole 2-3 months ago.

6th hole 301 yard par 4 at Altadena Golf course. Teed off with a 3i (22 degree), then hit a PW (50 degree) to the green to about 15 feet. Lined it up carefully using Aimpoint super express. Checked my putting stroke twice. Took a breath and made that putt. Total luck, but it felt pretty good.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I think I was about 12 years old and visiting a cousin in Kansas City.  We went to a little par 3 golf 'complex' and played the short holes.

Hit a decent shot over water to the fringe of the green.  Chipped it in - actually the ball hung up on the flag/hole.  Cousin was mad I made the shot and said it didn't count - my uncle said it did.  Cousin said nope, it'll come out with the flag......He ran up to the flag and when he touched the flag the ball fell through....  old memories.

If I could remember the name of the little course, i'd send for a logo ball for 1st birdie on the rack.

Bill - 

I got my first birdie a few years ago on #9 at Tamarack Golf Course. The usual play is an iron off the tee to avoid the pond in the middle of the hole. I happened to push my 6i just short of the trees on the right. Had to take my 4h and hit a little cut to get it around the trees and towards the green. Put it 3' to the left of the pin and made the putt.

I actually got my second birdie in the same round (which is why I remember it well). Hit an absolute bomb of a drive on #14, pitched it onto the green about 15' away from the hole. Got lucky and made that putt.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I well remember my first par – I putted it in off the fringe. I also recall my first eagle, which occurred on the same course about a decade later.

I have zero recollection of the first birdie, though. It must've been on a par-5, but I'm not even sure about that.

John

Note: This thread is 3443 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!