IGNORED

Anthony Kim

rudygu
Note: This thread is 5710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone else just see the mini-bio they just showed of him on ESPN? I got chill bumps. Hearing his story and of his relationship with his father makes me that much more impressed by his attitude and play style.

I truly believe that his pairing with Mickelson is key to America's success in this Ryder Cup. Hopefully his presence can bring out the Phil that everyone (except the Euros) wants to see.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

No I didn't see that. What's his dad like?

I really like him though, he has that European swagger in an American player. Not to mention he has the talent to back it up.

Driver:  R11S 10.5°, Fairway Woods:  909 F2 15.5°, Hybrid:  G10 21°

Irons:  Tour Preferred MC 4-P, Wedges:  Vokey SM 52.08, 56.10, 60.04

Putter:  Tei3 Newport II / Circa 62 #3, Ball:  Pro V1X / NXT Tour

I truly believe that his pairing with Mickelson is key to America's success in this Ryder Cup. Hopefully his presence can bring out the Phil that everyone (except the Euros) wants to see.

Unfortunately, 'Ryder Cup Pressure' might have caused Kim to mentally fold: he's had a total shocker of a 1st morning in the foursomes.

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Unfortunately, 'Ryder Cup Pressure' might have caused Kim to mentally fold: he's had a total shocker of a 1st morning in the foursomes.

Don't sell Kim short, mister; taking a match to the 18th at all square is a pretty good Ryder Cup debut.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Don't sell Kim short, mister; taking a match to the 18th at all square is a pretty good Ryder Cup debut.

Yeah, I know Kim's a great player: he turned things around pretty much right after I posted earlier!

He and Mickelson made a great comeback....
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°

He made the putt when he had to. I'm going back and forth from the TV to the computer!

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

I think Kim's one of those guys who'll grow in confidence as the day(s) progress...
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°

what was the espn bio about? im interested to hear about his relationship w/ his father etc.

I hear Kim used to have a super bad temper and some bad habits. Once he got a mental coach, his game came around and he's now a star!!

No I didn't see that. What's his dad like?

what was the espn bio about? im interested to hear about his relationship w/ his father etc.

AK said his dad was very, very hard on him when he was younger. For example, he said there were several junior tournaments he won, but shot a couple strokes over par...and his dad would throw the trophy in the trash before they got to the car. He mentioned something about his dad throwing several sets of his clubs away too, but I can't remember what spurred that on. He said they did not speak for several years, but that recently they have made a "new beginning" or something to that effect.

Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

Kim just crushed Garcia 5 and 4!

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°

AK said his dad was very, very hard on him when he was younger. For example, he said there were several junior tournaments he won, but shot a couple strokes over par...and his dad would throw the trophy in the trash before they got to the car. He mentioned something about his dad throwing several sets of his clubs away too, but I can't remember what spurred that on. He said they did not speak for several years, but that recently they have made a "new beginning" or something to that effect.

My father was like this growing up as well. I have sons myself and I will never understand how a father can act this way towards his children.

I have a 17 month old son who I can't wait to get out on the course. I already have him watching golf on weekends and The Golf Channel whenever no one is around. He just stares at the television with his plastic putter in his hand. Maybe this is a sign!

I don't think I can ever be that demanding of him. First and foremost I want him to enjoy the game for what it is about .... and then maybe later we can think about ruling the world! kidding!

Kudos to AK. I hope he'll continue to be successful and be a stalwart for many future Ryder Cups.
In my Sun Mountain Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade R7 SuperQuad 10.5°
3 wood: TaylorMade R7 Steel
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 2i(18*), 3i(20*)Irons: Titleist Ap2Wedges: Titleist Vokey 50* Oil Can & 54* SMPutter: Odyssey Black Series #1 / Ping Piper I-Series

He said they did not speak for several years, but that recently they have made a "new beginning" or something to that effect.

Hmmm.. AK is making millions now... Not being to cynical or anything, but I have a hard time with these kinds of reconcilliations.

Hmmm.. AK is making millions now... Not being to cynical or anything, but I have a hard time with these kinds of reconcilliations.

To me, this depends on who initiated the reconciliation. If AK decided he wanted to be on good terms with his father again, I find it nice. If the father decided he wanted to reconcile with his millionaire son, then I'd be cynical too.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!