IGNORED

Average Distances - How Far Do You Hit Each Club? (And Don't Lie!)

Note: This thread is 970 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What loft adjustments did you make?  Gotten to play with it yet?  Hard to adjust?

I don't have the cash for a new set right now (or even a newer used set nicer than my current irons), and I love my 3i and also having a club between the 3w and 3i, so I don't want to add a wedge, but have too big a gap between PW (46˚) and SW (54˚).  Been thinking for a while about going in and getting my 3i and 4i bent 1˚ weaker and 5i-PW bent 2˚ weaker.  That would give me a little bigger gap between 2h and 3i and less gap between PW and SW.

Well just for reference I'm about 6'2", and I knew going in my swing was definitely more upright than flat.. the changes he ended up suggesting were...

+1/2" shaft length (skipped this for now because of the cost to extend including new grips/extenders etc)

+1.5* upright

+1* strong throughout

Haven't even gotten them back yet, its been like two weeks, I plan to call today.  I'm heading down to Virginia next weekend to visit some friends, and hoping to play there. Pretty apprehensive about jumping on the course with new lofts and lies, but for now I can't tell you how the adjustment will be.

And I feel your pain on getting new clubs.. especially when yearly dues payments are right around the corner.

Whats the club between your 3i and 3w? 2h? whats the yardage gap between that and the 3iron? 4iron?  I guess the alternative is getting something in the 52* range you can still get out of the bunker? Best way to do it "scientifically" haha is probably to just lay out your 11 clubs (excluding putter, 3w, dr) and try to get as even a gap between them as possible while still covering the biggest range of yardages. Its all personal choice and feel I think.

Well just for reference I'm about 6'2", and I knew going in my swing was definitely more upright than flat.. the changes he ended up suggesting were...

+1/2" shaft length (skipped this for now because of the cost to extend including new grips/extenders etc)

+1.5* upright

+1* strong throughout

Haven't even gotten them back yet, its been like two weeks, I plan to call today.  I'm heading down to Virginia next weekend to visit some friends, and hoping to play there. Pretty apprehensive about jumping on the course with new lofts and lies, but for now I can't tell you how the adjustment will be.

And I feel your pain on getting new clubs.. especially when yearly dues payments are right around the corner.

Whats the club between your 3i and 3w? 2h? whats the yardage gap between that and the 3iron? 4iron?  I guess the alternative is getting something in the 52* range you can still get out of the bunker? Best way to do it "scientifically" haha is probably to just lay out your 11 clubs (excluding putter, 3w, dr) and try to get as even a gap between them as possible while still covering the biggest range of yardages. Its all personal choice and feel I think.

I'm also tall, a touch short of 6'3".  I bought my used set partially because they're 2˚ upright and standard lie clubs feel way too flat now.  If I ever reshaft or get a new set, I think I'll be looking for +0.5" or +1" shafts too.

Your last paragraph is exactly why I want to weaken my lofts.  I like my distance gaps 3i through PW.  For a while I was playing an 18˚ hybrid to make the gaps more even between 3w and PW.  But my 19˚ is long enough to get me to even very long par 3s, and my 3i is currently only 5-8 yards shorter than my 2h.  So rather than accepting huge gaps in the wedges for smoother transition through the long distances as is my option now when playing my 18˚ (it's hotter as well as being 1˚ stronger so hits it maybe 8-10 yards further), or would still have with a 52˚ or 53˚ wedge replacing my 54˚, I'd rather weaken all my irons, retain my same long options with a slightly bigger gap between 2h and 3i, and tighten up my gaps with the short clubs.  And I love my 60˚, so I don't want to smooth out the gaps by replacing both my wedges with something like 51˚/56˚ or 52˚/58˚.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Driver: 295 4 wood: 245-60 off the tee 235-50 off the deck 21* hybrid: 225 3 iron: 215 4 iron:205 5 iron: 190 6 iron: 180 7 iron: 165-70 8 iron: 155-60 9 iron: 145-50 Pw: 135-40 54*: 115 58*: 100 I add about 10 yards to those distances in the summer.

Driver: 295

4 wood: 245-60 off the tee 235-50 off the deck

21* hybrid: 225

3 iron: 215

4 iron:205

5 iron: 190

6 iron: 180

7 iron: 165-70

8 iron: 155-60

9 iron: 145-50

Pw: 135-40

54*: 115

58*: 100

I add about 10 yards to those distances in the summer.

Geeez, I remember when I could do that, about 10 years ago. Take off about 50-80 yards on the drive from yours is where i'm at today. They say golf is a game of straight, but distance sure does help.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsgolfer

Driver: 295

4 wood: 245-60 off the tee 235-50 off the deck

21* hybrid: 225

3 iron: 215

4 iron:205

5 iron: 190

6 iron: 180

7 iron: 165-70

8 iron: 155-60

9 iron: 145-50

Pw: 135-40

54*: 115

58*: 100

I add about 10 yards to those distances in the summer.

Geeez, I remember when I could do that, about 10 years ago. Take off about 50-80 yards on the drive from yours is where i'm at today. They say golf is a game of straight, but distance sure does help.

I don't think I could hit the irons that far either. 54* going 115 yards is pretty impressive. An older teen was practicing next to me and hit his 54* about 110. I saw it disappear in the sky and land about 110 yards away.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I don't think I could hit the irons that far either. 54* going 115 yards is pretty impressive. An older teen was practicing next to me and hit his 54* about 110. I saw it disappear in the sky and land about 110 yards away.

Btw I'm only 15 yrs old.

Btw I'm only 15 yrs old.

Wow!!!! Keep up the good work. I'm 31 and no where near where your at.

In my :tmade: Burner Golf Bag

:tmade:R1 Black Driver 10.5 degrees

:tmade:RBZ 3-Wood

:tmade:Burner Superfast 2.0 3-hybrid

:tmade:Burner 2.0 irons 4-PW, AW, SW, LW

:tmade:Spiderblade putter

:adidas:Audizero Golf shoes

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Nice forum this is, i thought i'd post my first post here. I tracked my distances for 2 months now, and i guess they will get longer now the summer is coming up, since these measurements where on the course in the winter.

Driver:                  253 yards

3W 16.5:              230 yards

Hybrid 17.5:         219 yards

4 Iron:                  191 yards

5 Iron:                  186 yards

6 Iron:                  180 yards

7 Iron:                  170 yards

8 Iron:                  159 yards

9 Iron:                  140 yards

PW:                      126 yards

52:                        109 yards

56:                        82 yards

60:                        68 yards

I somehow don't get that much difference between my long irons.. don't know what thats all about

Cheers

Hey Guys,

Nice forum this is, i thought i'd post my first post here. I tracked my distances for 2 months now, and i guess they will get longer now the summer is coming up, since these measurements where on the course in the winter.

Driver:                  253 yards

3W 16.5:              230 yards

Hybrid 17.5:         219 yards

4 Iron:                  191 yards

5 Iron:                  186 yards

6 Iron:                  180 yards

7 Iron:                  170 yards

8 Iron:                  159 yards

9 Iron:                  140 yards

PW:                      126 yards

52:                        109 yards

56:                        82 yards

60:                        68 yards

I somehow don't get that much difference between my long irons.. don't know what thats all about

Cheers

Welcome to the forum!

We have a number of members from the Netherlands.  Calling @MacDutch and crew.....  Stick around, we're happy to have you! :beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

All these are approximate. I'm a feel player on the course. Driver 330+ 3 wood 265 Hybrid 235 4 iron 225 5 iron 215 6 iron 205 7 iron 195 8 iron 185 9 iron 170 P 155 Gw 135 LW 100

All these are approximate. I'm a feel player on the course.

Driver 330+

3 wood 265

Hybrid 235

4 iron 225

5 iron 215

6 iron 205

7 iron 195

8 iron 185

9 iron 170

P 155

Gw 135

LW 100

Well, there goes the cliche about long drivers not being able to play golf. ;-)

Nice handicap index, I suppose you played in college?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Never played college. Turned pro at 19 decided I wasn't good enough so then turned to long drive and have been working at that for the last two years. I'm 25 now If I would have putted better probably could've made a living at it.

Those are juicy distances, please tell you are going to post a my swing thread!?

It would be pretty cool to see a pro post his swing on this forum.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Not sure how to do that, just started on the sand trap.

Welcome, and here are come tips for when you first join. . .

http://thesandtrap.com/t/73197/so-you-joined-tst-and-posted-a-member-swing-thread

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 970 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!