Favorite Ping Putter

80 posts in this topic

What have you guys experiences been, so far my list goes

1) jas anser
2) redwood anser
3) isoforce anser 2f

let here what your guys favorites are

-matt

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

The redwood series putters are very nice. I also like the i-series piper.

G5i Craze-E ...w/ Anser hosel, 33", bent 4* flat, Winn midsize or jumbo (not sure which) putter grip to bring the swing weight down a touch and take some wrist action out of the stroke.

Not sure the exact name, but it would be a sin for me not to go with the original Anser.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a pretty old Anser 2 that I really used to like. I never use it anymore.
I wish they'd have made a huge Redwood line like they did the G2 line. I love the look of several of the G2 putters.
1.G2 Tess (heel shafted blade 332 gram head)
2.G2 MiniC (Center shafted face balanced wide flange 350 gram head)
3.G2 C67 (Center shafted heel-toe balanced 349 gram head)

I like the G5i Craze-E. It just looks pretty sweet, but I'm not exactly fond of Ping putters.

Not sure the exact name, but it would be a sin for me not to go with the original Anser.

+1

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 9 characters.

I'd have to go with the one I carry in my bag. But to be honest I don't have any experience with other types of Pings. I did briefly own and game a new (well slightly used) Karsten Series Anser, but after about a month I traded it in with a few other clubs for my current driver. Frankly I was more comfortable and happier with my old putter (sound, look, feel), but the new one worked just fine.

I have the Craz-E "I series" and I absolutely love it. It is very heavy and resembles the twoball. After trying a bunch at the proshop I ended up choosing this one

I've only tried the one, but my mate has an Anser 2 (not sure if this is the exact model) and it is a beauty- perfectly weighted and with no bounce. Whenever I'm lining up with the thing I have alot more confidence than I do with my existing flatstick (a $30 bargain bin no-namer). I'm aiming to pick up an Anser 2 of my own (or a Scotty Cameron should I win the lottery).

Sedona i (my first Ping, although now it only goes out for the occasional victory lap)
Pal G5i
Tess G5i
Craz-e (most any model will do)

.... jmoc

Over the years I've had a few PING putters:
  • Zing
    B60
    GoWin5

The putter I've been wanting to try lately is the new IWI Craz-E model. The weight adjustment feature is pretty cool.

That is one feature on my YES Olivia that I love. I put an oversized grip on it that was way heavier than the stock grip....adjusting the head weight really helped compensate.

B60 BeCu is in my bag.

+1 for the B60 BeCu ... that was in my bag till it somehow managed to crawl out and get away while I was in the clubhouse having a sandwich and beer one day

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

+1 for the B60 BeCu ... that was in my bag till it somehow managed to crawl out and get away while I was in the clubhouse having a sandwich and beer one day

That is rough. Too bad you didn't get it back.

HB

I have had an Answer 4 for a few years... not much experience with any others.

The golf shop I frequent has had a left-handed 34-inch G5i Tess in stock for at least a year. No one has bought it, and the price has never been marked down. I'm hoping the latter happens before the former.