IGNORED

Garcia now Ranked World #2

erwintrace08
Note: This thread is 5657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wow....he's been on the come up with year along with AK. Imagine if he beat Padraig.

Next year is going to be awesome for golf when Tiger comes back. Who will give Tiger the most run for his money (if at all...lol...depends on his recovery)?

Padraig
AK
Garcia
Villegas

2009 is going to be great!

e

910 D3 9.5* Aldila RIP S "B2"
R7 CGB 3 Wood Fuji S
'11 Rescue 3 Hybrid Aldila RIP S
      710 AP2: 4-PW DG300 S
      Vokey Spin Milled Black Nickel 50/56/60*

Newport Beach: Ghosted

It's gonna be interesting to watch.

Sergio certainly has the shots...so does Phil and AK. It just seems to be who is the better manager of their game and mental aspects.

2009 is gonna be a fun ride.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Tiger is number 1 band Sergio at 2? In my opinion, that is a joke on the world rankings or how they calculate it. The guy is a million miles away from Tiger in tournament wins. Sergio is a great player, better than you or me will ever be but he is a step away, maybe many steps from Tiger. It will be interesting when Tiger plays again but I am sure he will come back solid due to his mental strength on the course.

I do not like it when players who have never won a major, like Sergio or Paula Creamer, can climb so high in the rankings.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

I thought I felt the same way about high ranking players with no majors. I really thought Padraig would be in the top 3, after his 2 majors, but it simply doesn't work that way. Sergio has been unconscious the last couple weeks. Honestly, I think the Ryder Cup erk'd him, and he said "I'm going to win for me!"

Anyway, as far as the rankings, I hope Phil can keep up. I just don't see him hitting enough birdies. He's close, but he can't quite get over that hump. He's very inconsisten.

AK, Camillo, Paddy, and Sergio. . .Tiger will have some fun when he gets back next year.

Don't count out Hunter Mahan and JB Holmes and Boo either!!!

Tiger is number 1 and Sergio at 2? In my opinion, that is a joke on the world rankings or how they calculate it. The guy is a million miles away from Tiger in tournament wins. Sergio is a great player, better than you or me will ever be but he is a step away, maybe many steps from Tiger. It will be interesting when Tiger plays again but I am sure he will come back solid due to his mental strength on the course.

Sergio can be number two and still be a million miles from Tiger.

Allow me to enlighten you...
1 Tiger Woods, USA 14.10 563.85 40 -646.99 426.24 2 Sergio Garcia, Esp 8.68 451.41 52 -192.95 400.62 3 Phil Mickelson, USA 8.15 391.22 48 -299.23 306.98

As you can see, the gap between #1 and #2 is signifigantly larger than the gap between #2 and #3

If you think Sergio is so far away, then who does deserve to be number two? Somebody has to. I certainly can't think of a better man for that title...
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

I think he has matured a lot in the last year. Nice putt to win in extra holes at the HSBC in China, which obviously has been a problem in the past.

I hope he breaks through and wins a major next year.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Tiger is number 1 band Sergio at 2? In my opinion, that is a joke on the world rankings or how they calculate it. The guy is a million miles away from Tiger in tournament wins. Sergio is a great player, better than you or me will ever be but he is a step away, maybe many steps from Tiger. It will be interesting when Tiger plays again but I am sure he will come back solid due to his mental strength on the course.

You got it the wrong way around. Sergio is "one step" away from Tiger in

the rankings , but nowhere near him in points. For him to be farther than #2 from #1, someone else would have to be better. Rank Leader Events Total 1 Tiger Woods 40 14.10 2 Sergio Garcia 52 8.68 3 Phil Mickelson 48 8.15 4 Vijay Singh 55 7.54 5 Padraig Harrington 52 7.27 SubPar

Another way to look at it... Tiger is 5.42 points ahead of Sergio. That means Tiger is roughly as far ahead of #2 as #2 is as far ahead of #28 Rory Sabbatini. All that without playing for a long time.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

I wonder if any player took the number one position while Tiger is benched
could actually say on camera "i am the best player in the world",Maybe at that moment they are according to seeding but would they really feel that they are?

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

Sergio deserves it, He has matured alot, like barking at fans when they were booing his competitor after stepping away. Alot was said right there.

But also, just because you never win the big one, sergio has been pretty damn consistent these last couple months, moreso than anyone else.

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

Sergio deserves it, He has matured alot, like barking at fans when they were booing his competitor after stepping away. Alot was said right there.

Agreed, I just watch the HSBC tourny, and he looked pretty darn good to me.

i think garcia deserves the number 2 spot i have a good felling he will win a major next year

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

Good on him. All the comments about him not being close to Tiger are pointless. Tiger is still ranked number 1. Garcia has been extemely consistent all year and with the possible exception of Harrington with his 2 majors I can not think of a more deserving number 2. Lets hope he bags a major soon as he certainly has the talent

23Rounder

Tour Burner 9.5 / RE*AX 60g Stiff
Launcher 13 & 17 Fairway / Fujikura Gold Stiff
MT Pro-C 3-W / DG S300 MP 52.07 Vokey SM58.12 Tracy II, 34" Putter Z-URS or NXT Tour

I think he deserves it, he has played very well this last months... in the other hand Phil didn't take advantage of the absence of Tiger. I agree 2009 is going to be exciting!

Regards!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Sergio is second ranked in scoring average for the year...and something like 172nd in putting. He's got every other shot that Tiger has. In fact you could argue he's a better iron player and much better driver of the ball. Just goes to show how important the flatstick is. If Sergio could get that going, he'll give Tiger a run for his money every time.

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

Note: This thread is 5657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!