IGNORED

Best driver out there

Note: This thread is 5623 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm thinking of getting a new driver but i can't decide. So what is the best driver out there.

Your gonna ask that question? Seriously? Go hit some clubs.

What is good for me could be horrible for you and vice versa.

I am going to bring my driver to the golf store and pick several driver I might consider and hit them all on the machine, launch monitor and see what gives me the best results that I am looking for then hit the final 2 drivers on the driving range and decide.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I'm thinking of getting a new driver but i can't decide. So what is the best driver out there.

That's an objective/subjective question that no one can honestly answer without it being contested. No one here swings the big stick, exactly the way you do. With your player profile in mind, do some research. Get a list of clubs and shafts in mind that you believe are best suited to you. Go get try these out (though don't necessarily limit yourself to the list you made). Have an experienced fitter fit you, and choose the one that is best for you, which likely won't be the one I consider the best or best for me. Perhaps once you have a list you can ask for specific opinions on certain club heads or shafts or for anecdotal experiences, but until then your question in it's current state serves no use. I'm going to refrain from giving specific suggestions because it reinforces the notion that there is a hierarchy of clubs simply based on the name stamped on the sole. Good luck.

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

What's best: chocolate....vanilla.....peach.....apple....????? There are tons of options out there.

Go to a reputable full service golf store and find out what the top sellers are and you go from there. I'm very partial to my driver....however I'm sure there's another out there that is just as hot.....
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

If you like your Hibore XL, the XLS is a very solid driver as well.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

You might want to wait and try a Nike Dymo when it comes out (January?).

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

You might want to wait and try a Nike Dymo when it comes out (January?).

i really hope you wern't serious...i hit the dynamo, and it was terrible...pretty much like all nike clubs except the sv wedges.

i really hope you wern't serious...i hit the dynamo, and it was terrible...pretty much like all nike clubs except the sv wedges.

The Nike Dynamo is a women's swim suit:

Was it too binding, not a color match for your complexion, or what? (You really hit a Dymo?) http://www.todaysgolfer.co.uk/Golf/N...-Dymo-Drivers/

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Looking at your sig' you have a few Cleveland items in your bag so I would start of testing the Hibore XLS and Launcher.
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

I have a niche for the r7 425.. I have been calling it "the greatest driver ever made" still to this day. Reason being is that it is soo versitale in terms of maneuverability. Especially in maybe the best Cubic Centimeter driver ever at 425 cc's...It won a ton on tour and is still in a lot of players bags. To me it was the best ever made.

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Recommend you go to rankmark.com and look at the test of drivers by handicap. There is an archive going back about 5 years. Realistically, most any driver in the last 5 years 425cc's and up will serve you well. I recommend you get a square faced driver and lessons. Once you learn to hit a driver square, the rest of them are all variations on the same theme. I chased the magic driver for years. Finally, a retired Golfsmith master clubmaker asked the magic question; do you ever want to be a good golfer? If the answer is yes, invest in lessons and grooving your swing. Avoid, draw, super draw, etc. Someone recommended an R7 425; would be a good option to start with and once you groove your swing put the weights to neutral. Good Luck.

Ping G10 10.5 degrees
Nike T60 15 Degree Fairway
Launcher 19 Degree Fairway
Launcher 22 Degree Fairway
Callaway X12 Irons, 6-AWCleveland Zip Wedge; 54Tour Edge W.Chicago 25th Anniversary PutterPrecept Laddie X Ball

good one dude! and yes i did hit a dymo, or dynamo as i like to call it.

Where did you hit the Dymo?

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Don't overlook the Mizuno MP-600. I personally hit it further and straighter than the Taylormade Tour TP that I had my heart set on when I went to the store. It was $200 cheaper as well. Just go and hit several and you may find one that surprises you.

Driver: MP-600 9.5 w/ Fujikura E360 Stiff Shaft
4 Wood: F-60 16.5 w/ Exsar FS3 Stiff Shaft
Irons:MP-57 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges: MP-R Black-Ni 52, 56, & 60
Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: ProV1/ProV1xGrips: Winn Xi7

What's best: chocolate....vanilla.....peach.....apple....?????

Chocolate.

You've got to test clubs out. Any good golf course should have demo drivers for you to hit on their range. Forget the golf store launch monitor. Go to the range and get real/personal feedback.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Note: This thread is 5623 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!