IGNORED

Your 2009 Personal (Golf) Goals

iacas
Note: This thread is 5281 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I havent read all 3 million posts, but I see where people put a lower handicap as their goal. I suppose a lower handicap is a good terminal goal, but I'm going to list my enabling goals. If I fulfill these, the handicap takes care of itself!

In order of importance...

1. Three letters...G I R.
2. Drives are consistently 15 yards longer (plays directly into number 1).
3. Make putts inside 6-8 feet routine.
4. Get pitch and chip distances under control. My ballstriking is good here, but I'm like a blind dude when it comes to distance.

Ben Hogan is my swing coach.

Driver: Burner TP
3 & 5 Woods: No-name
3H:No-name4i-PW: MP-32...unapologetically...You should try blades, too56*: CG12Putter: Spider

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my first post & I am just now starting to become serious about golf so my first goal is to break 100 legitimately.

What's In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11s 9* w/ Fujikura Motore F1
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11s w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki 
Irons: Taylormade R11
Wedges: Titleist SM4 Vokey 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 
Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball: Taylormade Penta TP5

My goals

To become familiar with my LW, SW, and PW. I want to be comfortable hitting different types of shots from different lies and distances with all 3 clubs

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

My goals:

1. Play well in the tournements I enter. (Playing in one in about a month)
2. Get the award in league for low gross.
3. No scores in the 90s.
4. Shoot my career best (75 is currently)
5. Play consistantly well. Be able to put together entire rounds without having the 3-4 holes were I just totally lose it.
6. Be able to consistantly hit 8-9 greens a round.

How am I going to do this?

Not sure. I have a family, a job, a wife. I have to practice at least once a week, play 1-2 times a week (including my 9 hole league) Maybe some golf instruction. I miss too many greens and my short game saves me. I need 5-7 good looks at birdie a round.

Brian

back with a new set
. qualifie for ian leggat junior tour events
. break par once even from blue tee's not black's
.handicap to a 3.5 or lower
. 60% of fairways
. 50% of gir
.30 or under putts per round i am not the greatest putter

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

Of course lower my handicap some more. Win one of my golf meets. Shot lower 40s. Beat my personal best of 45

Whats in the bag?
Driver: King Cobra SPD 9*
Hybrid: Callaway X 21*
Irons: 4-pw Callaway x18
Putter: Looking for a Odyssey SabertoothBall: Titlest NxT Tour with custom logo of my highschool mascot

1. Stop buying new clubs and start using the ones I already have more proficiently (that said, already bought 3 new clubs and the season hasn't even started yet).
2. Stop worrying about my poor driver distance (220) and work on an area where it is easier to cut strokes (short game).
3. Enjoy being outdoors, being with my friends, and not worry about score.
4. Still struggling with consistency using 3 wood and 2 and 3 hybriid so let's just leave those clubs at home.
5. Would love to hit 79 just once (personal low is 80)
Driver :Adams Speedline 9032LS 10.5*
Woods:Wilson Staff FYbrid 3W
Hybrids:Wilson Staff FYbrid (wood/hybrid gap)
Hybrids:Ben Hogan Edge CFT 3H & 4H
Irons:King Cobra S9 5I-PWSand Wedge:Cleveland CG12-58*Putter:Ping Redwood AnserBall:Nike Karma/Topflite GamerFavourite Gizmo:Club Caddy

First time i have properly practiced in 8 years today and i haven't lost a great amount of consistancy. Im striking the ball 90% of the time but the odd shot i hit about 20 yards off target to the right. All shots are flying straight and really high.

. I aim to Practice my short game and 3 irons every day for the next 6 months.
. Win the Club Championship
. Play in some non-pro events.
. Then try to Turn Professional by this time next year.

I am big headed and i love it. Try it yourself and see how much your game improves.

"The difference between impossible and the possible lies in a persons determination" - Tommy Lasorda
"It is never too late to be what you might have been" - George Eliot
In my bag:Ball: I always use Pro V1Driver: ...

Shoot in the low 80's consistently
Practice Short Game
Increase my swing speed
Win more matches than I lose in my golf league
Improve something every outing
Enjoy every outing, Period!

Have my son play his first official round of golf with me! He's dad's best buddy, as he say's to my wife when he knows the weather is going to be good. "Mom, can we go golfing this weekend, PLEASE!" I crack up because I don't even have to ask him to bug her about it he just does it and he's only 5. Thank the lord for little boys that have their mother right where they want them. She has a hard time saying "No" to him which saves me from hearing the word.

Wife's having our 3rd child so time may be limited at the course. Boy or Girl we'll have two golfing kids. I figure I get them to love all sports I'll get to enjoy my time with them much more and I'll get to golf a lot more.

My goals for 2009:

1. Stay positive with myself on the course- I play 12-15x per year, basically from April-Sept so I shouldn't expect so much of myself

2. Play smarter golf - lay up to comfortable distances rather than just ripping it as far as possible

3. Hit more GIRs on par 3s

4. Average 96 for the year (last 2 years were 100.38 & 101.58 last year)

5. Average 35 putts/round - (last 2 years were 38.6 & 37.1)

Play 20x this spring/summer

:
Driver:  MachSpeed Black 10.5 Fukikura Motore Speeder shaft

1Hybrid: VR PRO 15* (replacing my 3wood with this) 

Hybrids:  Baffler 18*, DWS 20*, TWS 23*

5I-GW  Mx-19 

Wedges - 50.08/54.14/58.10 

Putter:iN Craz-e

Ball: Pro V1x or Callaway Tour i(z) 

1) Shoot 76 (shot 81 earlier with a 7 on a par 4 and a 5 on a par 3).
2) Go an entire round without blading or chunking a ball. (or several rounds)
3) Increase distance with my irons (and hit flush long irons)
4) pull my average wedge shot inside of 25 ft. (might be more of a long term goal)
5) 5 birdies in one round.
6) an eagle?!?!
7) watch Tiger Woods and Anthony Kim hit a shot in real life. (or as many as possible) (this one is going to happen at the President's Cup!!!)
8) play pebble beach, poppy hills, and spanish bay

To facilitate these:
1) at least one of my range sessions a week is devoted only to long irons
2) another is devoted only to wedges at particular targets (range buckets)
3) I acquired a 3 wood that i LOVE to help with 6 (super confident with this club)

In my Navy Hoofer:
Driver: Titleist 909D2 9.5* UST ProForce V2 X-stiff
3W: 904F 15* DG X100
Hybrid: X-Hybrid 3i Fujikura Banzai Stiff
Irons: MP-57 X200 3-PW

Wedges: Gauge Design Handmade 54* and 60*

Putter: SSB LKG Custom "Masters Edition"

Ball: Penta, Pro-v1x

Other: Pinseeker 1500 Tournament

No More 3 Putts !
Hole all < 8 ft Putts !
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

1.) 2009 goal is to average in the 80's.
2.) 3 birdies in one round
3.) no more shanks or topped balls.
4.) build confidence in putting.
5.) increase iron distances.

1. Improve my course management
2. Concentrate on practicing my short game
3. Play more
4. Keep practicing

In my Ogio Carry Bag,

Driver Titleist 905S 9.5*
3 Wood Titleist 906F2 15*
Hybrid Nickent 3DX DC 17* Irons Titleist 704.cb 3,5-PW Wedges Adams Tom Watson PVD 52*, 56*, 60*Putter Cleveland Classic 1Ball Nike One Tour, Callaway Tour i

Since I'm more or less just starting out golf this year, goals are hard to say since I haven't actually golfed since grade 9 (about 6 years ago).

1) Average scores of mid-low 90s
2) Get a birdie
3) No more slicing (though I may have sorted this out in the two times I've been to the range this year)
4) Increase distance while hitting straight
In My Bag:

Driver: G10 9* w/ Aldila NV 65.5
3 Wood: Firesole Bubble Shaft
5 Wood: Firesole Bubble Shaft3-PW: Burner LCGWedges: Goliath 52* and 56*Putter: Callie Forged

Note: This thread is 5281 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!