IGNORED

What hybrids do you use?

steve617
Note: This thread is 5575 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Cleveland Halo with steel shaft. I also hit a Taylor Made Rescue r7 hybrid with movable weights and love both.

I hit the r7 from a bunker onto the green and made birdie on the 18th hole at Harding Park, SF, It almost like cheating with these hybrids clubs.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am using a 2008 Taylormade Burner Rescue 22*.

Absolutely love the metallic sound, when I hit it well.
It is my favourite tool.

In my Tour Combo Bag:

Driver: Superquad 9.5°
5W: 2008 Burner 18°
3H: Idea Pro Gold 20°4H: 2008 Burner Rescue 22°Irons: MP52 R300 5-PWedges: Vokey SM 50.08, 54.11, 58.04, 60.11Putter: Itsy Bitsy SpiderBall: TP Red

I've got the Nickent 2H and 3H Ironwoods in my usual bag, but sometimes switch them up with Nike Slingshot 2H and 3H. I think I use my 2H more than any other club in my bag, and it's always good for 200-230 dead straight.

In my C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: Titleist D2 10.5° Aldila R.I.P. 60
Woods Exotics CB4 15° Aldila R.I.P. 70
Hybrids Exotics CB4 17°, 22° Aldila R.I.P. 80 

Irons 4-PW MP-57 Project X 6.0, MP-29 PW

Wedges  Eidolon 52°, 60° Rifle Spinner 6.5

Putter Bettinardi BB12

Ball One Black

Rangefinder Nikon Laser 500"Golf...

Just bought the 3H & 4H ADAMS Idea A30S Boxer yesterday and have only hit balls in a simulator but distance and consistency was good.
Driver: 08 Speed LD F 10.5*
Hybrids: A3OS Boxer 3H(19*) A3OS Boxer 4H(22*)
Irons: (4-AW) Victory Red Full Cavity Irons
Wedges: VR PW 45*, VR AW 50*, SV Tour Black 56*, SV Tour Black 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: Sasquatch Tour Stand/Carry Bag (Victory Red/Gray)Shoes: Air Tour SpectatorBalls: D2...

Just bought the 3H & 4H ADAMS Idea A30S Boxer yesterday and have only hit balls in a simulator but distance and consistency was good.

Good luck with the Adams. Waiting for my A4 set to arrive (had A3 set last season with 3, 4 and 5 in hybrid). May consider ProGold 2 Adams and take 5 wood out of bag. Happy New Year to all

TwoUp

recently bought callaway 1 iron and ben sayers hybrid 17 degrees, i cannot get used to hybrids and its for sale, if you want it let me know via pm its practically new .

k

I'm not hitting hybrids right now, Steve, but once I played a round using my chiropractor's clubs. He had nothing but hybrids between his driver and 7-iron.

They were Cleveland Halos in three degree increments from 16 to 31º. After a few holes, I got used to them and found them very playable.

The new Clevelands have a blunter toe profile, and I don't think that I'd like them nearly as much as the Halos.

20* Nickent 3DX Ironwood. I am new to hybrids and I have been quite hesitant but I bought it off ebay for $15 and its practically new. So I figured I would give it a shot since the investment was minimal. The jury is still out...

Weapons of Mass Destruction
* Driver - SQ Dymo - 10.5*
* Woods - SQ Dymo 3 Wood - 15*
* Irons - Black Pearl CG 7 - 4 thru PW
* Wedges - RAC Y-Cutter - 60* * Utility - Niblick - 42* & 56** Putter - YES Callie* Ball - E6*** Looking to buy a Niblick 49*

I have TaylorMade 3, 4 and 5 Duals. The 3 is one of my favorite clubs in my bag.

I've learned to draw them fairly regularly when I want, but I do have a tough time fading them. The stock configuration favors a draw, so I'm going to reconfigure the weights for more of a neutral bias. God bless Movable Weight Technology!

I tend to hit my hybrids 5-10 yards farther than equivalent irons, so I do have a gap between my 6 iron and my 5 hybrid. I choke down on the 5 to close the gap.

In my TM r7 Stand bag:
Driver- r11 10.5° Reg shaft

Fairway wood - r11 3 wood
Hybrids- r11 3, 4 & 5
Irons- M1 6-AW, xft 50, xft 54.12 , xft 60.08°
Still have / love my r7 CGB Max 6-PW, xft 50, xft 54.12, xft 60.08° which I keep in Myrtle Beach, Tommy Armour 855 Putter

I personnally have the Sonartec MD in 19° and I really like it... I want to get my 3 Iron out of the bag for a 21° hybrid. As the sonartec is now unavailable, I am trying different models. I liked the Titleist 585H but The Sand Trap's review made me change my mind... not for me (no offset, no forgiveness) The clevelands have a nice reputation, I tested the Hibore XLS and it felt like butter ; does someone have any feedback on the G10 Hybrid?

---------------------------------------------------
In my bag:

TM R9 Supertri 9.5 UST MAMYIA Axiv core green R | Titleist 904F 15° YS-10 Stiff | Sonartec MD hybrid irod shaft stiff | Titleist 804.OS NS PRO 970 R-Flex(3-PW) | Cleveland 588RTG 53º SW| Cleveland 588RTG 60º LW| Yes!Golf Tiffany Putter

• 2 weeks later...
I hit my hybrids so bad today that I had a momentary temptation to snap the 2H over my knee and huck it into the trees. I could see it happening in my mind's eye. Instead, I took a deep breath, got out of the cart and walked up a couple hundred yards to my ball. Reminds me how much I prefer walking to carts, since it gives you time to cool down after a crap shot.

However, when I got home I swapped out my traitorous Nickent 4DXs for a Tour Edge XCG 2H and a Nike Slingshot 3H. The Nickents will stay in the closet under the stairs until further notice.

In my C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: Titleist D2 10.5° Aldila R.I.P. 60
Woods Exotics CB4 15° Aldila R.I.P. 70
Hybrids Exotics CB4 17°, 22° Aldila R.I.P. 80 

Irons 4-PW MP-57 Project X 6.0, MP-29 PW

Wedges  Eidolon 52°, 60° Rifle Spinner 6.5

Putter Bettinardi BB12

Ball One Black

Rangefinder Nikon Laser 500"Golf...

I use a Nickent 2H and Top Flite 4 and 5 hybrids.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

• 3 weeks later...
Bobby Jones

I lovely club in every way compared to anything else out there

Taylormade TP 2010 9.5 Fubuki stiff
07 Burner 5W stiff

Adams F11 Ti 3W Adilia NVS Stiff
Bobby Jones 21* & 25* Hybrid
AP1 4-gw
CG14  60*::X forged Vintage 56* Ping b60 putter Balls: Bridgestone B330, ProV, Goals: Shot par over 18 holes, Best shot: Par 5 18th hole, Alling Memorial New haven CT; holed my 2nd shot for an Albatross! (June 20th, 2008)

21* and 24* Mizuno MP Fli-Hi. Ive always been better with my irons than with my woods, so I like the MPs because they look a lot like an iron (I think its more of a mental thing).
I hit them fairly well and they are beautifull clubs.
I with Mizuno would have made a 27* MP Fli-Hi though. Id like to replace my 5-iron with a hybrid, but my only choice in a Mizuno is the CLK 26*, which is more of a wood-like hybrid. Not sure Id like one of those...

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I game the titleist 585 H, and im not crazy about it. I have never hit hybrids well, always hook em, like snap hooks. Weird. but when you catch that sucker she goes.. Although the stock Aldila NV sucks.. last time i ever use an Aldila shaft.

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

Note: This thread is 5575 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!