IGNORED

What Are You Doing To Save Money?

ks8829
Note: This thread is 5470 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

couldn't agree more, IF..and here's the trouble... IF it means NOT going into debt.

Absolutely. I'm not at all saying that people should further put themselves into debt to do this, that just makes things worse than they are currently.

Warren Buffett is a rather extreme example. He is my investing idol, little doubt about that and I have enormous respect for the guy, but I wouldn't drive a Lincoln Town car at my current net worth, let alone $62bn.

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have cut back on the driving range. I now get balls that I have found and hit them in the fields. Alot cheaper. Also cut backs on things I don't need. Not only is golf either.

In my bag.
Driver-Adams 9.5
3 wood-Adams
5 wood- Wilson Head Speed
6-PW-Wilson Head Speed 3-5-Hybrid-Nike SQ2 Clone SW-Tour Edge Soft cast LW-Maxfli Black Max Froged Putter-Crossfire

• 4 weeks later...
cut minor expenses and thinking hard about any mid to major purchases.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Hitting " Twilight" instead of just playin whenever I feel like it.

16 bucks for as many holes you can get in... From 2:00pm - 5:00pm.
Driver - Cleveland HiBore 9.5
Wood - Taylor Made V Steel TS 3W
IW - Nickent 3DX Ironwood DC 3IW
Irons - Taylor Made Burner OS 5-PW
Wedges - Zevo 52...56Putter - MacGregor by Bobby Grace DCT Sunset

What are you doing do save money in this economy? fortunately, I have not cut back on my golfing but I have to think twice before buying equipment and thinking longer before any purchases. I wanted to buy another car but I decide to keep mine for another couple of years.

Cut back on smoking, drinking and mcdonalds!!

bound to save enough in a year for deposit on a house at these prices!!

This year I will no longer be playing on both Saturday & Sunday. Sundays and twilight only during the week. I still should be able to get in 3 rounds a week. Since the courses are also feeling the pinch, several around here have pushed their twilight time up to 3:00 p.m. My company has also cut back on expenses and golf with clients will be reduced considerably.

im pretty much forced into being thrifty due to being a contract worker... i try to work as much as i can cuz i dont know after a contract is over when i will start another again...
the ways i save especially on golf is...
i work 1 day a week at a golf course equaling free golf... i used to spend 50 bucks a round...
i get free range time with unlimited balls... used to spend between 5-11 bucks a bucket depending on the range i went to
when the course is absolutely dead slow... they let employees go ball hawking... i literally have well over 400+ quality balls and countless cheapy balls/poor quality balls
the good balls eliminate me from having to buy balls for a good long time...
the crappy balls i can take to a range that has heat/bays... or i can resell them for 8-10 cents per ball...
im pretty much sticking to my home course and its 2 'sister' courses... i play for free at all 3 i just need to call ahead... which saves me a ton since i used to play a diff course every week... there are tons of courses in my area ranging from 30 bucks on up
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

• 3 weeks later...
practicing my short game on free practice areas and putting greens.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Nothing different now than we ever did. Fortunately my wife and I both make good salaries. We live in a house we bought 5 years ago that was way below what we could have bought but was all the two of us needed as it is a little over 2400 square feet. My car is paid for and my wife just bought a new car. I am still buying clubs, balls, etc as I always have and still have my membership. We live on just slightly more than one salary and save the other. We have always put 6% of our salaries into 401K as our companies match 50% up to 6. We have always put additional money away every month (whether the market is up or down) and have enough saved in liquid assets to be able to live on for a year. Both of our companies also have pension plans that the company pays for.

The only thing we haven't done is take a nice vacation but that really is mostly because of work and not being able to get away last year. We will take one this year but not sure where it would be. Somewhere in Europe is our goal (as we hit Ireland and Maui the two previous years). Although you can never be sure we feel secure in our jobs. We will have additional money to save in the future as one child graduates college in 2010 and the other 2012.

In some ways I see this as a good time to buy as if you ahve the ability to buy bargains are out there to be had.

I have not done much cutting back really. Just concentrated more on paying off some debts.

In my Staff bag:
Bazooka HP-5 Driver 460cc
Bazooka OS HP-5 3/5 Woods
Jmax QL Irons 5-PW (Graphite Stiff Shafts)
X-tour Gap Wedge 52* X-tour Sand Wedge 56* Lob Wedge 60* Rossa Daytona 1 Putter

well in order to help my family i have been conducting golf club heists and selling for profit

fortunately my father is a Financial advisor so we have all learned how to cut down and spend smarter

Chris Nunes,17 yrs old

In My Bag:
Woods:Nike Sasquatch Tour Model (Driver), Nike Sumo 3 wood
Irons: Callaway X-Forged (Project X 6.0)Wedge: Callaway C Grind 58 degree,Titleist Volkey 54 degree (oil can)Putter Cleveland Classic 2 or Scotty Cameron Santa Fe teryllium "Everyday you miss practicing it...

My wife and I are eating out less and watching our spending a little more carefully. It will not effect my playing golf. I'd sell the cat first to be able to afford golf.

• 4 weeks later...
I agree Pinseeker81. People need to quit freaking out. Savings is great, but we need the American people to get out and spend money.

spending money just to spend money, seems to me, to be the very reason we got into this mess....the object to financial security is get OUT of debt, not go in deeper.and with less disposable income now, spending that amount won't help much..they won't purchase the big ticket items that's needed to truely stimulate our economy. just my 2cents

Note: This thread is 5470 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!