IGNORED

Inexpensive Driver Recommendations???

Note: This thread is 5547 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Good afternoon,

Looking for inexpensive driver recommendations.....been doing a little pre-shopping online.....current driver is an old MP001 with the Grafalloy Prolaunch shaft.....I'm not the best tech, but it's semi-stiff and has the blue/gray shaft.....my driver has developed a hairline crack across the top after 5 years of use and although it appears cosmetic, I'm mentally sold that it has to go...

About to begin my test drives, and just looking for any recommendations for those with similar clubs/swing speeds....I think I'm just over 100mph.....and I'd like to improve a bit on that.....recently, I have hit both the new Mizuno and the new Ping, both with stiff stock shafts, but neither really jumped out at me as being THE club......also, I'd prefer to save a little coin and try to get a bargain on something a year old or so....

Any help appreciated,

Jason

You could try Golfsmith's Snake Eyes line of drivers. I hear that they are very good. Golfsmith would also find the best shaft for you. Assembed (head, shaft, and grip) should be about $200 depending on the head and shaft.

Check globalgolf.com for some deals on used clubs. TGW.com is offering Nike SQ's (non square) for $200. TGW also had the limited edition Callaway FT-i for $200...seems like a good deal. There are tons of deals on the internet. Try eBay as well, but be careful.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

'New 07 TM Burner (non-bias) Driver....going for about $150 on e-Bay. Best bang for the buck IMO.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

burner or limited edition ft-i. Both are 200 buckaroos at golfsmith... give em a try

In my vaporlite carry bag
DRIVER ft-5. 9* Mitsubishi Diamana BlueBoard 73 X-stiff
FWY WOOD: 980F 15 EI-70 X Stiff
Hybrid: Burner tour launch 4 hybrid
IRONS mp-57 4-pw with project x 6.5 shaftsPUTTER: Rossa Classic AGSI+ Monte Carlo WEDGES vokey spin milled oil can 52.08, 58.12Niblick 42*

You can find a mint condition Taylor Made '08 Burner model for less than $150 at multiple places online and at the store. I purchased my driver 2-3 years ago for $99. It is an Adams RPM draw. Bought it when the new Insight Bull's etc were coming out.

Look for a driver that is brand new for 2009 and get the 2008 model.

The best brand new el cheapo driver I ever bought was the Wilson Fat Boy 460cc. $70 at Academy Sports. The UST shaft, alone, costs about that much at some places. It came with a really nice soft. spongy, but firm grip (didn't describe that really well)

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

You can get callaway FTi drivers on eBay for nothing these days. Dont know why, but just look. Watch out for fakes though. A way to avoid them is to look for people with a high amount of feedback, look at the pics and compare them with some pictures of fake ones (just search them on google, might even be a guide on what to look out for on the club). Be inquisitive when a seller uses a stock photo found on the net. Other than all that, its a good club that can be picked up for not much
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

I agree with everyone else here. You can pick up a FT-I for very cheap on ebay or other online stores.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

You can go to rockbottomgolf.com and pick up a MacGregor MT Driver for $79.99, or look on Ebay.
play4him

Driver: Titleist 905R
3-Wood: Titleist 904F
Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

As you can see, theres lots of great drivers on the market and everyone has a different opinion on what the best driver is.
Im personally partial to Mizuno, so Im going to recommend the MX-560. I recently bought an MX-560 12* with a light flex shaft on Ebay from 3 Balls for less than $100.
This club is like brand new and other than the 1 or 2 ball marks on the face, youd never be able to tell it had been used.
If you like your MP001, I think youd be very happy with an MX-560. As I said though, theres lots of great drivers on the market, so you cant really go wrong with any of the major brands (Titleist, Callaway, Ping, TM, Mizzie, etc...)

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Many thanks for all the replies, you've all given me a lot to work with.....will post up when I make my purchase.....plan to hit a few on Saturday on the range, I never seem to feel comfortable getting feedback only from those monitors, gotta see that ball flight.....

08 cobra f speed ld...got mine not too long ago for about 150 and it is longer than my...well i'll refrain from finishing that....

in my bag:

Driver: '08 Cobra F Speed LD 10.5 w/UST Proforce V2 Tour Flight stiff

Fairway: Adams Speedline Fast10 3-wood w/Aldila Wasabi stiff
Hybrid: Nickent 3dx 3H
Irons: Nike CCI forged 4-pw Wedges: Nike Victory Red 52 56 60 Putter: Rife Mr. Beasley Balls: Bridgestone B330-RX Tees: epoch

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

You can grab a TM Tour Burner new for around 160-170 now on various online websites. Also the Adams A3 or XTD pro is a good choice if you don't mind a lightly used one for under $100 for the A3 and under $125 for the XTD pro

SLDR 430 TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR Mini Driver TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR 4h Matrix Black Tie 95s
Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

A buddy of mine picked up a demo King Cobra Speed LD for 91 bucks shipped on ebay, with headcover last week. Great deals to be had, if you look.

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

Go with a Titleist 905R can be had for less than $110..

Titleist 915D2 Aldila Rogue black stiff
Titleist 913 f 15° Diamana stiff
Titleist 913 f 19 Diamana stiff
Titleist AP2 714 4-pw dg s300
Vokey sm5 56 m grind
Vokey sm5 60 m grind

putter odyssey collection 6m milled 34

dicks sporting goods has massive sales on 07-08 drivers... i was just down there today an saw a bunch of taylormades for 150... cobra's for the same price
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Tour Burner on ebay. Can be found for around $150 brand new(i think). If you are under this budget then I'd suggest a used Taylormade r5, which can be bought for about $60.
In my bag:
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5 re*ax
3 Wood:R5 XL
Irons:FP Irons 5-GW
Hybrids:Baffler DWS 3,4 Wedges:588 RTG DSG 56º, 60ºPutter:White Hot XG #9 34"Grips: Lamkin Crossline CordsBall: Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5547 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!