IGNORED

Do you forsee any sponser invites for Tadd Fujikawa?

Chilidipper
Note:Β This thread is 5578 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I wonder why he turned pro so young? You'd think he could get a golf scholarship to a good college somewhere and give his game more time to mature while getting a degree.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regularΒ shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

I think he'll get a couple after this last week. How many and where really depends on how well he does. He was fun to watch last week.....and even a +1 on Sunday wasn't a complete blow-up given the circumstances.

Kind of reminds me of Justine Rose though.......I think he prob would have done himself some good by playing a little more at a high amateur level before turning pro.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;Β  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;Β  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty CameronΒ Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I thought he was a breath of fresh air,shame about the last day but inconsistancy goes with one so young,good luck to the fella,and yes I think he will get plenty of invites as long as he keeps

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

and even a +1 on Sunday wasn't a complete blow-up given the circumstances.

The par was 70 he shot +3.

That being said I think we will see him again. You have to realize he wasn't given an exemption into this tournament. He Monday qualified. So I think we might see at least one sponsor exemption and maybe he might get in via Monday qualifying. If he does get a sponsor exemption, any additional exemptions would be based one his performance. That being said how many exemptions did Michelle Wie get? I mean at least Tadd can compete at that level.

DannyΒ  Β  In my :ping:Β Hoofer Tour golf bag on myΒ :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:Β Β Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5Β  X-Stiff.Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β Irons:Β Β :callaway:Β 4-PW APEX TCB IronsΒ 
3Β Wood:Β :callaway:Β MavrikΒ SZ RogueΒ X-StiffΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter:Β :odyssey:Β Β 2-Ball Ten Arm LockΒ  Β  Β  Β Β Ball:Β :titleist: ProV 1

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Administrator
Bear in mind, too, that the course he was playing was as close to his "home course" as any, he had the crowds rooting for him, and that he likely won't fare nearly as well at other tournaments.

If I were a sponsor, I don't think I'd invite him. There are a lot of other players ahead of him on the "deserving" list and even more on the "name recognition" list.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

If I were a sponsor, I don't think I'd invite him. There are a lot of other players ahead of him on the "deserving" list and even more on the "name recognition" list.

Agreed, he does not have the "Michelle Wie" factor when it comes to bringing fans out in groves raising the gate dollars. Let him grow up a little more.

Then again, "deserving" isn't always in the sponsors vocabulary, imo. Who knows what they'll do.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Given the economy and the need for any extra publicity, he'll get many offers. He should choose courses that suite him--like Colonial and other shorter set ups. He also plays well in the wind (Hawaii). He should do well on Texas courses

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2Β  AD333

So young.

What did they say he was, 5'1" tall and ~110lbs. He's a pocket Hercules for sure. My 9 year old son is taller and about that weight. I look at my son and then visualize someone of his approx size playing against the Ernies, Phils, Tigers, Kaymers, etc of the world. Wow....the visual comparison alone is tremendous.

I realize that size is not, or ever has been, a basis for golf skill....look at Freddie Funk or Gary Player. It's just hard for me to visualize him competing day in and day out with the worlds best.

It must me a tremendous emotional, physical and mental grind. How could someone so young be ready. He'd require tremendous day to day leadership from his grandfather. Sounds like his father is in serious legal trouble for drug trafficking charges....that ordeal is going to be a huge distraction for him.

Nope....Tadd....go to college and mature yourself and your game. His golfing skills can open a lot of doors for him if he'll let it. Rushing onto the tour is a mistake, in my opinion, right now.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I think he'll get a couple after this last week. How many and where really depends on how well he does. He was fun to watch last week.....and even a +1 on Sunday wasn't a complete blow-up given the circumstances.

I agree with you. Let us face it though, the temptation to "go for the cash" makes many young golfers, and athletes in other sports, skip college to start making big money. The golfer or athlete figures, "Why go to college, when I hate school, and would rather be out on the road, in the sunshine, making millions of $?" It is up to the parents, friends, and advisors to read to the kid what Arnie and Bobby Knight have said about the importance of getting a degree, and learning something. They should be asking the youngster the following questions: 1. What happens to you if you just are not good enough to "make it" in the Big Leagues? What do you do for a living? How will you feel being branded a "failure"? 2. What happens if you get injured, and cannot perform at a high level? What do you do now? 3. If you are successful and make lots of money, do you want to be a good business person, like Jack or Arnie, or Tiger, or do you want to be like Stephon Marbury? You do not become successful in business by "just doing it". You need to take good business courses, run sample companies as part of a simulator program, and get truly "educated".

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

I agree with you. Let us face it though, the temptation to "go for the cash" makes many young golfers, and athletes in other sports, skip college to start making big money. The golfer or athlete figures, "Why go to college, when I hate school, and would rather be out on the road, in the sunshine, making millions of $?" It is up to the parents, friends, and advisors to read to the kid what Arnie and Bobby Knight have said about the importance of getting a degree, and learning something. They should be asking the youngster the following questions:

I agree, but It's pretty hard turning down 30 grand for 4 days of golfing.

I wonder why he turned pro so young? You'd think he could get a golf scholarship to a good college somewhere and give his game more time to mature while getting a degree.

If you watched the Golf Hawaii with him you'd know that he had to in order to support his family's financial problems.

I hope he gets some sponsor invites, you have to love the little guy.

I agree with you. Let us face it though, the temptation to "go for the cash" makes many young golfers, and athletes in other sports, skip college to start making big money. The golfer or athlete figures, "Why go to college, when I hate school, and would rather be out on the road, in the sunshine, making millions of $?" It is up to the parents, friends, and advisors to read to the kid what Arnie and Bobby Knight have said about the importance of getting a degree, and learning something. They should be asking the youngster the following questions:

1. You keep on trying. When the money runs out you try to get a job on the golf course and try to get enough time to practice until you save up enough money to play again. You're only a failure if you give up your dreams to do something "safe" and live your life in quiet desperation like the vast majority of people.

You can only make it to the top if you are willing to sacrifice EVERYTHING. I see so many talented rich kids that say "Hey look at me, I'll be a tour pro!" and then they practice for 1 hour a week and get drunk and high for the rest of the time and then they keep doing that until reality hits them. In their hometown they are super stars, but when they give it a shot they realize that they are just one of many. Talent isn't that important in golf. Desire is the most important thing. 2. What happens if you get hit by a car and die? What happens if you fall on your head and become stupid? 3. Learning about business won't help you to get the ball in the hole faster. The life of any serious aspiring tour pro is: get up in the morning, eat, golf, eat, go to bed. Repeat. There is no time to spend all day long studying business. The secret is to hire people that are smarter than you and then let them work for you.

Golf is a game in which the ball always lies poorly and the player always lies well.

The reason I think Tadd's made a mistake is that I see it much more likely that he'll end up wasting his potential. Obviously he has the talent to compete at that level (even though it was on a course he knows like the back of his hand with a friendly home crowd), but what he needs now is maturity and the knowledge to take that talent and mold it into a successful career on the PGA tour. Attending college is one way he can help himself gain these abilities. It isn't the only way but it is one that has been proven to be successful.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regularΒ shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

The reason I think Tadd's made a mistake is that I see it much more likely that he'll end up wasting his potential. Obviously he has the talent to compete at that level (even though it was on a course he knows like the back of his hand with a friendly home crowd), but what he needs now is maturity and the knowledge to take that talent and mold it into a successful career on the PGA tour. Attending college is one way he can help himself gain these abilities. It isn't the only way but it is one that has been proven to be successful.

Maybe he had family or money problems. BTW i dont think his size is a big factor unless he plays a US open like course where being shorter will be a disadvantage trying to dig shots out of the rough. He has a ton of power though, but that flat swing will get eaten up.

Note:Β This thread is 5578 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!