IGNORED

My Swing Video

Note: This thread is 5554 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Heres my Swing, I'm trying to make some adjustments this winter. So far i have really changed my grip which has been a lot of work. I have trouble with length in my swing and really turning my shoulders. I need to work on my flexibility. I want to look like Tiger or Adam Scott. If you guys and gals have any advice please let me know!

Ping Hoofer Team
TaylorMade Tour Burner TP 8.5* Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65 Stiff
Titleist 13.5* 906F Aldila VS Proto 'ByYou' 80-S
TaylorMade TP Smoke Irons 3-PW Project X Rifled 6.0
Cleveland CG 12 ZIP Grooves 54* 58* Scotty Cameron Studio Style 1.5 35' Golf Pride Butter Grip. Titleist...

Heres my Swing, I'm trying to make some adjustments this winter. So far i have really changed my grip which has been a lot of work. I have trouble with length in my swing and really turning my shoulders. I need to work on my flexibility. I want to look like Tiger or Adam Scott. If you guys and gals have any advice please let me know!

Grip is too strong, you are standing too far away from the ball, you are bobbing (head moves up during backswing).

Other than that... solid swing.

Golf is a game in which the ball always lies poorly and the player always lies well.

Let me ask, when you miss, do you tend to hit from the heel? It looks like you're trying to line up from the hang of your left arm with the longer clubs but the shorter it gets, the more it becomes right hand "hung". I'm working through the same problem and I just need to remember to set up my hands by the hang of my left shoulder.

Also, your stance is a bit wide for your shorter irons. Bringing it in tighter will let you get a bit more lean during the weight shift which also helps you control spin a bit better.

good solid athletic swing, I like the release. hope this helps

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

you have a very nice golf swing.

1) How long have you been playing?
2) What is your handicap?
3) What is the lowest round you had for 18 holes?
4) What are you working on?
5) Are you playing for a golf team?
6) Do you keep score of your fairways, greens hit, putts per round and your up and down during a round? what are they in your last round played?
7) What is the strongest part of your game and the weakest?
8) How often do you practice and on what?
9) Can you work the ball left and right, low and high?
10) Have you had golf lessons?

Very athletic golf swing, thanks in advance for your replies.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

you have a very nice golf swing.

Ive been playing since i just a kid, competitively for about 5 years.

My handicap is 0?? My lowest round is a 66 Ive been practicing everyday, only on the range because of snow, i usually spend half my time on wedges, and the rest on driveer to 8 iron. I have had several golf lessons, however i do not have a personal coach. I can work the ball fairly well as far as playing a fade or draw. I usually play a slight fade. However, i especially have a hard time controlling trajectory. My ball flight is very high. the strongest part of my game is distance and putting.

Ping Hoofer Team
Cleveland CG 12 ZIP Grooves 54* 58* Scotty Cameron Studio Style 1.5 35' Golf Pride Butter Grip. Titleist...

Grip is too strong, you are standing too far away from the ball, you are bobbing (head moves up during backswing).

I have had a hard time with my grip, initially that was the first thing i changed this winter. I started playing with a very neutral grip but found it took the club out of my fingers. I had a pro tell me to switch back. I personally would like to have a more neutral grip but can't seem to keep it in my fingers when i do that. I am too far away from the ball i will work on that next time. I will worry about keeping my head still after my turn and length look like TW :8

Ping Hoofer Team

If you want more turn make sure you rotate your right hip alot. Shoud help a bit. Also stand just a hair closer. Maybe a bit of a weaker grip to. Very solid swing though.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

My recommendation is not to post your swing here and get advice from individual who post in this forum. I am sure there are individuals that know what they are talking about here, however I would suggest going to a teaching pro and get them to help you. Especially if you are a scratch golfer.

Looks like a great swing if you ask me.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

My recommendation is not to post your swing here and get advice from individual who post in this forum. I am sure there are individuals that know what they are talking about here, however I would suggest going to a teaching pro and get them to help you. Especially if you are a scratch golfer.

Thanks for the comment i see what you're saying and no offense to all that have posted but any changes i make are going to be from my feel and knowledge of what i want my swing to do, i just wanted to hear peoples thoughts, can't hurt. I have enjoyed other peoples video posts, thats just a big part of why i put it up as any. I just had a lesson with my school's coach this morning, i will post another video in a short while to show my progress.

Ping Hoofer Team

to look more like tiger:

get yourself a can of shoe polish and rub it all over your face and arms so that your skin color looks nice and brown. then, wear a bunch of clothing items with nike endorsements. get yourself an overpaid jackass to carry your clubs around and talk smack about phil mickelson. rotate between a big ol' pearly white smile and an icy glare at whoever you're playing with.

*thumbs up*

I think the last idiot to even think or do something in "blackface" was Ted Danson, didn't work out too well PR wise.

You really can't be serious.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
King Cobra Comp 5w (YS 5.1 Stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

Greetings,
I like the look of your swing. You apparently have potential and a desire to improve. Your speed is great and distance is clearly not a problem. It seems to me as if your weight is too centered at impact and thus you hit the ball too high for optimal control. Keep in mind that a great deal of the advice you receive about your swing will be 'style' based. Try to focus on what makes the swing function vs. what it looks like. There have been many great players with swings that did not look that great ie. Trevino, Floyd, Player. Ultimately it is impact that makes a swing work.
I like your grip being a little stronger than neutral (if you hit it high already imagine weakening your grip!) as this will encourage the handle to lead the clubhead into the hit.
You can encourage a better impact by driving your hips to the target more in the downswing in order to get the weight more forward at impact. Think about it - the weight must be forward to hit down on the ball. When the weight is centered you hit up on the ball and that encourages hand action.
Practice hitting halfswing punch type shots where you really drive the hips to the flag. This will improve the strike, lower the trajectory and ultimately improve your control over the ball, which is what it is all about!
Andrew Rice
www.andrewricegolf.com
www.itsallaboutimpact.com

Your swing looks good.

However

IMO!

One major thing: TEMPO. From all your vids, your too out of rhythm.

Your backswing/take away seems quite smooth, then its a quick turn-around, then a long/extended slow follow-through.

Try and work on your rhythm, you will find that you will get more consistant results.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

What a pretty golf swing! Looks like you fade it a touch and looks pretty under control. I'd guess if you keep doing that for a season or two and you're a decent putter you should be looking at + figures! Just one piece of advice, don't try and change your swing to 'look like' someone else, just focus on fundamentals and the 'look' of your swing will draw it's own admirers!

In my Tour bag
Driver - Cyberstar (9*), cut to 43.5 inches long with tonnes of lead tape attatched to the head.
Fairway 909F2 (13.5*), Diamana blue 83 shaft, 42 inches long
Rescues Heaven wood (17*)
909h (21*) Diamana blue shaft Irons Pro M (3-PW), Rifle 5.0 shafts Wedges KZG TRS (52* +...

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you for all of your replys! I've enjoyed all of your coments. Sorry i havent posted as ive been in Hawaii (golfing every day!) and havent had the time to post. Since i originally posted the video I've made a lot of changes and have been playing the best golf of my life. I'd also say my swing looks fundamentally the best it ever has. I will have one last video session with my coach and hopefully snag a copy of my swing broke down with software and try to get it on here. Thank you again for the comments! stay tuned!

Ping Hoofer Team

Your swing looks good.

This has been one of my coach's and i main points of emphasis. Unknowingly i had a ton of tension throughout my upper body specifically in my hands. Although still not great my tempo has improved. I've found i make significantly better contact and have more controllable ball flight. thanks for the tip.

Ping Hoofer Team

What a pretty golf swing! Looks like you fade it a touch and looks pretty under control. I'd guess if you keep doing that for a season or two and you're a decent putter you should be looking at + figures! Just one piece of advice, don't try and change your swing to 'look like' someone else, just focus on fundamentals and the 'look' of your swing will draw it's own admirers!

I choose to usually hit a fade. However i can usually work the ball right to left if i need to. I had an incredible admiration for Tiger's game and sometimes i admire him a little tooo much. thanks for the reality check :)

Ping Hoofer Team

Note: This thread is 5554 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!