IGNORED

Do you know what"proper sequence of kinetic linkage" means?

PEZGolf
Note: This thread is 5577 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It never ceases to amaze me how the "fraternity" of golf teachers and instructors speak their own language. How many of you know what "the proper sequence of kinetic linkage" really means? Does your swing have it?

Guess what? I will not tell you until I see some answers, and will tell you if they are correct. It is a simple, well-known concept, and guess what----it works!!

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

If I may take an uneducated guess:

I think it means that the swing sequence should be:

backswing:
hands -> arms -> shoulder -> torso -> hips

downswing:
hips -> torso -> shoulder -> arms -> hands

In my Tour Combo Bag:

Driver: Superquad 9.5°
5W: 2008 Burner 18°
3H: Idea Pro Gold 20°4H: 2008 Burner Rescue 22°Irons: MP52 R300 5-PWedges: Vokey SM 50.08, 54.11, 58.04, 60.11Putter: Itsy Bitsy SpiderBall: TP Red

If an instructor is using overly cumbersome language to get his/her point accross.....then it's not an instructor that I'm gonna watch anyway. I realize that there are not many Harvy Pennicks left....but it doesn't have to be a freaking physics lecture either.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

• Administrator
It never ceases to amaze me how the "fraternity" of golf teachers and instructors speak their own language. How many of you know what "the proper sequence of kinetic linkage" really means? Does your swing have it?

I know what it means, but what's the point of this post? To try to elevate yourself as someone who knows the definition of a term? "I know and you don't?"

A good golf teacher likely never has to think of this term, even if they apply the principle, and should almost NEVER have to utter the term to a student.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's the body's ability to create power from energy transfer.

You are right, but you left out the downswing "trigger":

As you reach the top of the backswing, slam your forward heel to the ground, and initiate the downswing with the legs, followed by the hips, torso, arms, etc. If you are flexible enough to not lift the forward heel, without going into a reverse pivot, then think of the legs being the initiators anyway.

I know what it means, but what's the point of this post? To try to elevate yourself as someone who knows the definition of a term? "I know and you don't?"

You are right and I never use that term with my students or "proper sequential motion". Instead, I tell them that the legs lead the downswing, and let them think of that one simple thought, so the upper body stays quiet until it is needed at impact.

TGM terminology, see Homer Kelly's book 'The Golfing Machine'.

Homer Kelly's book messed up Bobby Clampbett, and anyone else whom I know that has tried to apply it. Engineers make terrible golfers. Dancers make great golfers. Keep the game simple and natural--"One, two, three" for good rhythm and balance. Just like Slammin' Sammy Snead used to say.

It's the body's ability to create power from energy transfer.

Good answer, but I will make it simpler: initiate the downswing with the legs, and let everything else follow their lead.

I am fairly intellectual by nature, but really, any instructor who would use that type of lanquage is trying to impress others not educate them. I could envision a teacher, maybe in 9th grade physics class speaking that way trying and keep the boys attention, thats about it. Kinetic and linkage is probably an inapprpriate use of the work Kinetic at best.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Sounds like gobbledy-gook to me. Any "instructor" who uses language like that needs a good slap!

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You are right, but you left out the downswing "trigger":

I like to see that the feet stay flat on the ground until after impact but that doesn't mean that there isn't pressure on the front foot in the downswing. Its has to start from the ground up. Some players may feel their feet start the transition down so the 'triggers' are personal feelings.

Most players do not need to hear this scientific explanation because that isn't their preferred learning style. A lawyer might not want to hear it, but an engineer might need to hear it to really understand it. The info provided by the Kvest and golf-zenolink Dot Com are great tools to give players this info but only if it really applies. BTW... how did TGM mess up BC? He went from one of the world's best Swingers to one of the world's best Hitters. I'd rather watch his action than most guys we see on Sunday afternoon.

Engineers make terrible golfers.

So that's why I stink? Hey, now I have an excuse!

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

I like to see that the feet stay flat on the ground until after impact but that doesn't mean that there isn't pressure on the front foot in the downswing. Its has to start from the ground up. Some players may feel their feet start the transition down so the 'triggers' are personal feelings.

As I understand it, Bobby Clampbett started to think too much during his swing, trying to follow the detailed analysis in "The Golfing Machine". When he won the United States Amateur and was labeled "cannot miss" for the PGA Tour, he had a smooth, natural swing, and he had great potential. That was never fulfilled, and he became a broadcaster instead. I do not want to misuse the phrase "paralysis by analysis" but that does seem to fit what happened to him.

Note: This thread is 5577 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!