IGNORED

Do you like Boo?

PEZGolf
Note: This thread is 5546 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think he's obviously a redneck...like me. Also any good redneck will play the part for money, which Boo has.

I quite like Boo, but does anybody seiously buy his HillBilly act?... ..'I wanna make enough money so I can retire and go huntin' 'n fisin' everyday'. It just does not make any sense to me. I did not mind his Ryder Cup antics, when he rode his driver like a cowboy, although I am sure that some people in the golfing establishment were none too impressed by this. I put JB Holmes, Boo Weekley and John Daly in the same category..nice guys but a bit uncouth really. I much prefer the way that Davis Love and co conduct themselves on the golf course- much more civilised..golf is still supposed to be a gentleman's game after all.

I like him, but I don't think I'd want a whole PGA tour filled with him.

I'm a little worried that American golf is heading toward the 16th at TPC Scottsdale being the norm, not a once-a-year aberration.

I kind of liked Boo at first but then the "clueless" act got to me after awhile.

He also made that really ignorant comment about people in the middle east, and after that I lost complete respect for him.

I quite like Boo, but does anybody seiously buy his HillBilly act?... ..'I wanna make enough money so I can retire and go huntin' 'n fisin' everyday'. It just does not make any sense to me. I did not mind his Ryder Cup antics, when he rode his driver like a cowboy, although I am sure that some people in the golfing establishment were none too impressed by this. I put JB Holmes, Boo Weekley and John Daly in the same category..nice guys but a bit uncouth really. I much prefer the way that Davis Love and co conduct themselves on the golf course- much more civilised..golf is still supposed to be a gentleman's game after all.

I think the Tour needs real "professionals" like Davis, but it also needs some colorful characters to liven things up. That is why I always liked Jimmy Demaret, Doug Sanders, Lee Trevino, Chi Chi, Payne Stewart, etc.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

I like him. He's definitely good for the tour as long as he doesn't say soemthing really dumb.

Driver: 905r 10.5
3 - Wood: 15degree
hybrid: heavenwood 20 degree
Irons: MP - 32 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey 54 and 60Putter: Anser 2 Belly

He's funny like Ringworm is funny. (thats a quote of Boo's I think)

Driver - Taylormade R9
3 Wood - Titlelist 909F2 15.5 degrees

2H - Nickent

4H - Taylormade
Irons - Mizuno MP-63 5-PW
Wedges - Titlelist 52 and 60 and Cleveland CG-15 56
Putter - Scotty Cameron Stainless Steel NewportBall - Pro V or V1

I love how he has said before that he wants to retire at 43-45 after he makes enough money to clear some land and build his house. IMO, it seems to show he's not out there to be famous, but to make money for his "American Dream". Of course, he gains fame just by being who he is.

I dont think golf needs more pros like him, but he is good and simple. He ounce said he would enjoying catching a big ol' bass more then golfing....
It seems he doesnt relize thats his life... golf

In my Tour Bag:

Taylormade RBZ Driver, 3w, 3h
Cobra Amp Cell Irons 4i-pw
Vokey Wedges, 52,56,60

Scotty Cameron Putter

"I'd shoot an eagle anyday over a regular ol' birdie"

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a big Boo fan. Just hope he can get his putting worked out and be in the mix for some wins this year -3 peat at Harbour Town would be nice

Burner - Driver
Burner - 3 wood
19 deg. & 22 deg. Rescue
Wrath 5-PW irons
CG14 52, 56, and 60 deg. wedges Rossa Daytona putter

Hey guys its been an awful long time since posting last, but hopefully I'm back and here to stay. I really enjoy Boo Weekley. His horse ride celebration was hilarious for one. I like watching him play and his attitude is something you don't see everyday.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

Hey guys its been an awful long time since posting last, but hopefully I'm back and here to stay. I really enjoy Boo Weekley. His horse ride celebration was hilarious for one. I like watching him play and his attitude is something you don't see everyday.

Welcome back. His interviews are hilarious, and they are natural. What we see is the real Boo, and not an act. And he does not act like a "dumb hillbilly"; instead, he is a smart good ole boy, and trust me, those boys are not dumb.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Boo is great for the game. Not only does he have game but a great attitude and personality as well. And the interviews how can you not love the interviews there great, I look forward to seeing him play as much as Tiger or Phil, and cant wait to see him live in the Transitions champ. this month.
IN MY BAG
Driver - Tour Burner 10.5*
3 Wood - SZ 15*
Irons - R9 4-AW kbs shafts, 19* Burner Rescue
Wedges - 2007 Tom Watson Lob 60* CG-15 56* Putter - White Hot XG #9Ball - Pro v119th Hole weapon of choiceBudLight:

Love him.

Driver: Nike Covert Driver

Irons: Mizuno JPX-825 Pro 5-GW 

Cleveland Mashie 1, 2, 3, & 4 hybrids

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4 Black Nickel 54* & 58*

Putter: Wack-e with super stroke grip

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X

Boo has personality whether you approve of it or not. Personality is something lacking on the PGA Tour right now. Boo has fun and enjoys himself on the golf course. MOST others out there look as if they hate what their doing, and stay pissed off regardless of how their playing.

In my  Warbird Hot stand bag:
nike.gif Dymo2 Str8 fit 10.5 or  HiBore XLS 10.5,  Steelhead Plus 3 and 5 woods,

NP2 3H,  DCI 990 4-PW,  Forged + 54/12,  RAC 58/8,

Classic #1,  NXT Tour or  Burner TP

Here at the Mercedes-Benz Championship, we had a really good experience with Boo. He came and celebrated with us at the after-tournament party and was really funny and refreshing. His "aw shucks" demeanor is genuine. He posed for every photo, signed every autograph request, I mean the guy just loves to have fun and plays golf to make a living and support his family. This is the second year in a row we've had Boo and we hope he keeps coming back!

909 D2, 9.5 with Matrix Ozik XCon 5
909 F2, 15.5 3W with Matrix Ozik Xcon 5
909 H, 19 & 24 with stock Aldila Voodoo S
AP2, 5-PW with Project X 5.5
CG10, 52 gap wedge CG10, 56 sand wedge Spin Milled, 60 lob wedge Newport 2.5

I think Boo Weekley is great for golf, and is refreshing. He is a "good ole boy" without bad habits, unlike John Daly. He has "game" and still has a good time. Anyone who can win at the Harbour Town Golf Links two years in a row, make the US Ryder Cup team and be a winner on that team, is a "real player". He had to hold off a furious charge by Justin Rose yesterday, but he did it:

I love Boo....plain and simple. He's got serious game and great fan appeal. I even found the Sergio scorecard hilarious....couldn't have happened to a more deserving fella....at that time Sergio needed a smack upside his noggin anyway. Boo's penchant for higher math was wonderful.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Note: This thread is 5546 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!