IGNORED

Who's winning the 2009 Masters? Top 5 picks?

dagolfer
Note: This thread is 5502 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Phil
Retief Goosen
Henrik Stenson
Tiger
Stewart Cink

15 yrs old

DriverBurner 10.5 degree stiff flexFairway Burner 15 degree proforce 75 gram regular flex Hybridrescue dual 19 degree stiff flexHybrid edge cft hybrid 24 degree stiff flex Irons progressive XC 5-PW regular HOPING FOR TOUR PREFERRED's!SW rac satin tp wedge 56 degreesLW spin milled...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starts: 16
Wins: 2
Top 5's: 7
Top 10's: 11
Top 25's: 13
Missed Cuts: 1 (1997)

That's not a player who blows up and flames out at Augusta..

My man Phily Mick. gotta represent.
Robert Allenby
Sergio Garcia. If he can make some putts!!
Ernie Els
Ryuji Imada

-I think this new McIlroy will make a nice showing. I'm still a hater because he's my age and being called out as worlds next numero uno, lucky punk.
-And as much as I like Tiger, I don't think he'll get top five, probably top ten(who am I kidding, he'll probably win)
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

I believe that Harrington will drop off the map for the majors. I like Mickelson, but he has struggled with the game between the ears. McIlroy would be a fantastic story that I would love to see win the Masters, but I would put him at the top of my list for the PGA Championship at the end of the year. Sergio is also a favorite, but I just do not think that he is good enough to win but top 10, yes. I would love to see Boo, K.J, Rory, or A.K. win.

Winners.
1. Singh - This guy still win majors
2. Villegas - Great player who is getting better and better
3. Tiger - Has the skills, plays well in clutch situations. Made for majors.

Dark horses.
1. Nick Watney - has skills and is hot, could get hotter.
2. Ben Crane - I think he could be one the top golfers in the next 5 years.
3. Rory McIlroy - Skills, skills, skills, but I choke on a putt for 20 bucks, try putting a million and a green jacket on the line and...

OVERHEARD ON THE GOLF COURSE - "Go in the hole!.........................................FORE!!!"

Datrek Zone Bag
DRIVER: G2, Graffalloy Prolaunch Blue 65S
5 WOOD: SasQuatch Sumo 5900 IRONS: I5 3-PW52/56/60: 588 DSG GunmetalPUTTER: White-Hot 2-BallBALL: Pro V1xRANGEFINDER: SG4

1. Tiger Woods
2. Not Phil Mikkelsen

And now the long shots:

3. KJ Choi
4. Adam Scott
5. Padraig Harrington

We do need a tournament with Tiger and Phil in the same final group. But, Phil just doesn't hold up his end of the bargain.

1. Tiger Woods

I would hardly call Padraig Harrington a long shot...

OVERHEARD ON THE GOLF COURSE - "Go in the hole!.........................................FORE!!!"

Datrek Zone Bag
DRIVER: G2, Graffalloy Prolaunch Blue 65S
5 WOOD: SasQuatch Sumo 5900 IRONS: I5 3-PW52/56/60: 588 DSG GunmetalPUTTER: White-Hot 2-BallBALL: Pro V1xRANGEFINDER: SG4

Tiger Woods
McCory
Phil
Ernie
Ogilvy

In the bag:
Driver = Clevleand Hi-bore xls stiff
3 mtl = Cleveland launcher titanium - stiff 65 g Adilia
hy brid = Cleveland Hi-bore 19* / 22*
irons = Ping I 5 4 - pwwedges = 52* = Cleveland CG 10 56* 60*putter = 2 ball . mid length

The low ball isnt the shot of choice at the masters

Very true ,the boys will just have to hit em high then.

Taking away the mist of the patriot If Tigers back to anything like 80% we are talking about who is gonna come second

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

1. Tiger Woods

I like your pick of AS. i think that guy has crazy good game, too bad hes busy being a play boy.

Ping Hoofer Team
TaylorMade Tour Burner TP 8.5* Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65 Stiff
Titleist 13.5* 906F Aldila VS Proto 'ByYou' 80-S
TaylorMade TP Smoke Irons 3-PW Project X Rifled 6.0
Cleveland CG 12 ZIP Grooves 54* 58* Scotty Cameron Studio Style 1.5 35' Golf Pride Butter Grip. Titleist...

• 2 weeks later...
tiger will win the masters. the rest of the top 5 will be:
2) harrington
3) kim
4) mickelson
5) ogilvy

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Dark Horse: Watney

Contender: Appleby

Winner: Tiger

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

After seeing Tiger yesterday at Bay Hill, I have to assume he's winning this one.

I'm with Mr. Eagle... the new question for this thread should be who's going to be runner up - which could be a ways behind Tiger.

I got JM Singh, Tiger, Zach Johnson, P. Harrington, and Nick Watney in my fav 5.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

1) Tiger
2) Phil
3) Sergio
4) Immelman
5) Ogilvy
6) Harrington
7) Els
8) O'hair
9) Cink
10) Weir

Top 10 but i think phil and Tiger will battle out for the win.

Whats in the my bag,

taylormade.gifR9 TP taylormade.gifSuperfast 3 wood Rescue 19*  712 MB (3-P KBS T shaft)  

SM4 52*,54*,60*   Pickemup 42" Belly Putter  titleist.gifPro V1x  adidas.gif 360 footwear

After seeing Tiger yesterday at Bay Hill, I have to assume he's winning this one.

You guys forget that Tiger won at Bay Hill last year and didn't win the Masters. And he hasn't won the Masters since 2005, so he's hardly the shoe-in you suggest.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

I can honestly think that i think sergio will win his first major come this april!

I can honestly thing that I think Sergio will not even come close at Augusta. Since there already is a thread just like this one, I'll repeat my choices (and add 2)

1) Tiger 2) C. Villegas 3) Ogilvy 4) Mickelson 5) Jeev M. Singh - my dark horse

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Note: This thread is 5502 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!