IGNORED

Tiger/Phil in same group could make for an incredible day tomorrow

chriskzoo
Note: This thread is 5527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Chances are neither will figure into the equation, but both being 7 back are close enough that an historic round could give them another green jacket and at the same time they have to beat each other in order to be the one with a chance. Both are going to be firing at pins all day, which you would never see if they were both 3-up on the field and in the final group together.

I doubt it will happen, but how epic would it be if they went went something like 63 - 64?

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

I think they would both rather head to the tavern. Kenny is not the type to make dumb decisions, Cabrerra is hot, has the taste from the US Open not to long ago, seems to be playing smart except for that butchered tee shot on 18...still got a hell of a par though.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I just hope that if they are a way back, that CBS doesn't focus a good chunk of the telecast on them. I know what Tiger does for ratings, but if neither he or Phil light it up, I'd rather be watching the people in contention.

If either makes a run, it could be a historic day.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

They are my two favorite golfers that made the cut, so if I were there I'd be following them around. I'd really love to see them shoot lights out and pass those at the top, but what usually happens when two great golfers are paired together they just don't do very well.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

I just hope that if they are a way back, that CBS doesn't focus a good chunk of the telecast on them. I know what Tiger does for ratings, but if neither he or Phil light it up, I'd rather be watching the people in contention.

AMEN! CBS as well as the golf channel can be so annoying sometimes. They are so desperate to convince people that they are always right in the tournament and they cannot be counted out.

I'm not going to say that its impossible, but the fact of the matter is that Tiger is very unlikely to factor. If he did win, it would be quite possibly the most remarkable comeback of all time. They're always trying to call the miracle when it comes to tiger.

Well since Tiger is winning it tomorrow that makes it that much sweeter. I'm projecting a win for Tiger, so there's not much else to do but to watch Tiger set a new Masters and just soak in the history of it all. Cheers.

That was one hell of a front nine...

Driver: 909D3 9.5*
Wood: 909F3 15*
Hybrid: a4 3-4H
Irons: MP-57 5-PW
Wedges: MP R 50.5 SM 54.12 MP R 58.10Putter: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Mid SlantCorrect me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers, they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key...

• Administrator
That was one hell of a front nine...

Going out in 63, indeed. They need to put up a low number on the back nine too (less so for Phil of course) to win, though. Phil shot 30 and he still hasn't caught up, and the leader's made only pars. That's how far back they started.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

man o man, i see phil winning the masters, if he doesnt keep driving it into the woods. The only reason why he hasn't birdied all of the holes is because of where some of his drives are going. Phil seems to be fighting the hook with the big stick. I wanna see a huge comeback by phil, but it will be sad if kenny doesn't win. He has waited so long for his first major. This will definetly be interesthing though, I cannot wait to see what happend down the strech.

Tiger has wasted a lot on the approach shots today. He's putted well, but he's too far away on the birdie putts.

Too bad Phil made the double, that must've hurt after such an incredible front nine.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Well, looks like phil just gave it all away with that double bogey...

That was when the momentum totally changed, and Phils putts on 15 & 17 were just painful to watch - watch ANY amateur and he wouldnt putted worse.

And despite shooting 67 vs. 68 which might look marginal, i have to say that Phil had a lot more opportunities and didnt made Tiger look very good. Oh yes, and he was frequently 20-30 yards longer than Tiger....

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Both of them could've been in that playoff at -12. If they had gone to the clubhouse at -12, maybe the leaders would've played differently, but still, they had a shot at it.

What does distance and opportunities matter when only 1 shot differentiates them? On the front nine, Phil made an incredible run and left Tiger in the shadow. But his double bogie and Tigers eagle almost evened things out. In the end it does not matter how long you hit it, but what your score is. And that is partly how we know Tiger, he's getting up and down and making those long putts when needed.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Note: This thread is 5527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!