IGNORED

What Are You Working On?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3217 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

my backswing, mainly the take away.

In my Golf bag
Big Bertha Irons
60* wedge
Hi-Bore Hybrid 3
Burner 3wood XLS Hi-Bore 10.5 Driver Putter On the feet Burner Balls

shaping shots...
i have a natural fade/slice...
now i can get it to draw every now and then... when its not duck hooking...
all i need is to get it to draw/fade when i need it to
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

my driver finsh, working on a high finsh or a normal finsh both get mixed results.

My bag
R7 Draw Driver 9.0
Northwestern 3 wood
Texan 3/4 Hybrid 21 Degrees
Big Bertha 04 5-9 Irons Burner XD Wedges AW,SW,LW DFX 3300 Pro V1 & ProV1x Refurbs

Hit 120 balls with a 6 irons
I was focusing on hitting solid iron shots and then working on hitting a target

hit 120 balls with 3/4 shot 6 irons
I was focusing on making non full shots to make good contact and see what trajectory and distance on each 3/4 shots

hit 30 balls with hip high 6 irons
for approach shots to see what distance the ball travel and ensure solid contact

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I am feeling reasonably comfortable with my Iron, Hybrid and Wood Hitting. I don't mean to harp on, but I have made some great progress, coming from a 36 Handicap beginner - 2 years ago. A lot of the progress has been simple mistakes, e.g. allignment, ball position, grip etc.

I am now getting to a stage, where I am making a lot of GIRs, or near enough.
I have some time off now, and I hope to work my way around my Short game. I am getting on, but if I do come up short, I am not confident with my short game.

My working aims are

- Confident and Secure around the 10-60 yard mark around the Green, If I miss a GIR, I want to give myself a decent change at making Par, and not crawling onto the green for a 40 foot Par 4 putt.

- Bunker/Sand Play I am still a complete novice at this part of my game and have not dedicated enough time to hit, but I will. Even today, I took a 8 on a Par 4 that I should've got out first time. I'm either too fat or too thin with my Sand Shots. Although, I tend to hit the ball quite straight, it still does go in there, and I should sort this out, as It could save me the odd blow up like I did today.

Driving I'm hitting Hybrid/3Wood from the Tee often, and feeling good about it. My Driving is a bit hazardous, thankfully, I very rarely need Driver on the course, but I need to be able to feel confident hitting it and although the Par 5 at my Course(9Hole Course) is only 530 Yards. I am often short with my 2nd/3rd shot.

So, a busy week or two, or, more like years will be ahead!

i really need to work on getting girs...
im quite often pin high with my approach shots but rarely on the green...
the strongest part of my game is chipping/pitching because i miss so many greens...
if i can get on some greens i know id have way more birdie opportunities...
it really sucks knowing youre 1 putting for par or bogey most of the time...
girs would get me to lower single digits easily

I'm working on not over-swinging in my back swing on irons. I've developed a nice back-swing, followed by movement out of it, followed by movement back into it on the downswing. Not a recipe for powerful contact. If I can eliminate that extra move, and keep my swing well, I can get back to good shots.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Right now I need to make three things happen to make my swing work. In other words, these actions and movements don't come naturally and I think I have identified them as the culprits of not only on-course swing breakdowns, but even longer slumps.

In sequential order:
1. Taking the club away on an outside line - Feels unnatural and yet it makes such a difference. I feel like I'm performing a caricature of Jim Furyk when I'm in reality probably taking the club back only slightly inside.
2. Making a full turn - Sometimes I get a little front to back instead coiling then uncoiling in my swing. I try to key on my right shoulder leading the rest of my trunk.
3. Releasing the club - Sometimes I get so preoccupied by taking a smooth swing that I fail to make the comparatively aggressive move of releasing the club.

Kind of tough to make effective use of three simultaneous swing thoughts... :)

In the bag:
Cleveland Launcher 400cc
Callaway Hawkeye 3 wood, stiff
TaylorMade Burner Rescue hybrid, 19*, stiff
TaylorMade Burner Rescue hybrid, 22*, stiffCallaway X-14 irons, 4-SW, uniflex steel, +1", 2* uprightTitleist Vokey 56/8 sand wedgePing A-Blade putterCareer round: 16 over 88Best round...

damage control... if it werent for a few blow up holes today i woulda broke 80 easily...
i got flustered on a few lies in some deep rough and tried to advance the ball instead of punching out to the short grass

I am working on alignment and tempo. More of swing thoughts.

I have been practicing my short putting. I do the 3 foot drill and like it. Also do a lag putt drill.

I have not worked on my swing in a bit. I am just refining my pitching technique as well as chipping.

Brian

Working on figuring out how to stop coming over the top.. I'd like to see those pin high to the left shots, be pin high and GIR!

Also working on my greenside rough chipping, that would be the biggest stroke saver in my entire game.... I had a 20 foot eagle chip from the greenside rough on a par 5 last weekend (pin high to the left of course, finished with a par..... Unacceptable I think! Should have at the least birdied it. And it would have been the first time I broke 90 if I birdied it, talk about pressure!!

Thankfully I have a range with 2 practice greens very close to my house and I can go after work most days...

Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

I've been working on my long irons. I have never pulled out my 3 unless I am with friends/family because I don't have the confidence. I hit the ball low and I end up shorter than my 4 or 5 anyways. Usually my problem is I mis-hit and my clubface opens up drastically, so to prepare for this I grip the club too tight and I end up hitting REALLY fat or I try really hard and top the ball. I just can't get comfortable with it. Even pulling it out of the bag makes me uncomfortable. I have sat at the range with it and it just makes my wrists sore trying to get into the groove. I need to go for a lesson desperately, I'm self-taught for the most part but this time I need help.

In my tour bag:
Driver: FT-IQ
Fairway Wood: Big Bertha 3W
Irons: Big Bertha Fusion 3-PW
Wedge: Forged+ SWPutter: DetourBall: TP BurnerConsidering an adams a4OS hybrid? Opinions?

Stack and tilt out the window--helped me figure out what I was doing wrong, but it won't be here to stay. Now I'm focusing on more consistency with 80-in shots, and making the jump to more consistent irons. I realized I hit way too few GIR's considering my usual approach shots. Instead of barely missing the green at times and other times leaving hard birdie putts, I need to get to the point of hitting the green every time (when I have an easy approach), and targeting the pin when possible. Recent swing changes should help--seems I can go to the range and hit 10 shots in a row flush to any flag 100-200, but it doesn't translate to the course yet.

HiBore XLS 9.5*
Launcher 15*
Rescue 21*
X-20 Tour 4-PW
CG10 50*, CG12 56*, 60*Pixl L1.8 (8 years and running)

Note: This thread is 3217 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!