IGNORED

JD set to make return....

Three Putt
Note: This thread is 5460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

One could easily say 'Typical Yank' when describing the 'Fan-of-Daly'.

You're a nobody that apparently likes to judge people rooting for JD when you don't even know them.

THAT is what's sad. Good day!!

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Open De Espana

JD currently T23 at -2 through 16. Leader at -6.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Should have known he didn't lose the weight via will power.

The guy who won 2 majors can't buy a golf game.. I can't buy one either.. So you're saying there's still hope. SWEET

The guys a car-crash: interesting story but for all the wrong reasons as far as I'm concerned. If that's what it takes to be entertaining I'd rather be dull quite honestly.
Trouble with people like Daly is that they not only destroy their own lives, they also cause a load of chaos for everyone around them as well.
He's had has had numerous opportunities to accept help from people, and like most self destructive people he just hurls them back.
When you have read the same sort of article a dozen times then its hard to actually believe it will work out this time, maybe I'm wrong but I dont think its time to heap praise on him just yet.

But, there's two sides to each coin and, at the end of the day, if he's got a good woman (with equally good intentions) and a coach who are strong and do actually care about him, then he might just turn things around.

Also for the record I would imagine anyone from a priviliged background would actually get a great deal less sympathy than Daly does.
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

How old is daly, BTW? im assuming late 30's? If is still late 30 early 40, then i belive he can have another strong run with the right people around him.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

shot 2 under 70 today, not sure what the leader is at.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

living in arkansas, i've heard at least a dozen different stories about people bumping into daly on various courses around here, and all of the stories are always the same - in short, a really nice guy and fun to be around. i'm not really pro-daly nor am i anti-daly. i'd root for him if he got his crap together, but i don't anticipate that ever happening. he's pretty much doomed to "hey, it's john daly!" and hanging around mid-level courses and milking whatever money he can out of merchandise, autographs, hooters appearances, etc.

Should have known he didn't lose the weight via will power. Too bad he can't buy a golf game.

Well might want to give him a 3rd chance, looks like he has made some serious steps to get his health back on track, plus he has a ton of natural talent...as Tiger has said.

I have seen him live when he was in poor health at the PODS Championship last year, still had incredible feel from 100 yards and in, his wedges must have the center of the clubface worn out after 3 rounds. edit...just watched replay...swing looks smoother, looks like he is enjoying himself on the course...playing smart (some hybrids off the tee). Mark my words, he wins a tournament in the next 6 months.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Should have known he didn't lose the weight via will power. Too bad he can't buy a golf game.

So you dont think it takes will power to go threw a dangerous surgery?

in my bag
hibore xls 9.5* S flex
sumo2 sasquatch 3 wood 15*
a2os 3 hybrid
sc2 4-pw mpt raw haze 52* 588 56* wedge xtour PM grind 60* cleveland classic #2

So you dont think it takes will power to go threw a dangerous surgery?

Short term guts maybe. I hope he gets healthy and puts his life back together, but I wouldn't count on it. History does not speak well for him.

I too have seen him in tournament play. And what I remember are the times when he knew he was missing a cut and just threw in the towel. Not caring what he shot at that point. No excuse for that. Hard to have respect for someone who doesn't show any respect to the sponsors or the fans that come out to see him play.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Please remind me, who was the dumbass who thought Daly wouldn't make a cut?

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Well might want to give him a 3rd chance, looks like he has made some serious steps to get his health back on track, plus he has a ton of natural talent...as Tiger has said.

I really like Daly but I would take that bet. He isn't winning anything in the next six months. I hope I'm wrong, but I won't be.

You do know you have to eat healthy and exercise every single day after having this surgery correct? So, if you put 1 and 1 together, eating healthy and exercising, he is losing the weight on his own. The surgery just helps speed up the process. I continue to forget how many people on this forum are perfect and don't deal with real life situations.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

I'm sooooo ready to see his beer swilling cigarette smokeing self trod the fairways of Augusta once more.

Keep it up, JD.....the game will welcome you back in a second.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Those pants are something else. It's like the court jester out there.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Note: This thread is 5460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!