IGNORED

How do you store your stand bag?

Note: This thread is 5476 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just got my first stand bag. I am wondering what is the best way to store it between rounds? If I stand it up straight, the balance is kinda "iffy", especially if the clubs aren't positioned just so. Obviously legs down is the most solid, stable way to store a stand bag. My main question is...will storing a bag with the legs deployed, over time, make them less able to retract as well? I'm just wondering if the weight being supported, over time, will do a sort of hyperextention job on the legs or weaken the leg retracting mechanism?

Thanks for any input!!!

BTW I'm asking about these type of bags that deploy automatically when you set them down. Just thought I'd clear that up. Thanks.

Well, right now it's stored in the trunk of my car! But... prior to that I had them sitting in a closet at home for about 5 years and it doesn't open/close any different than I bought it.
What's In My Stand Bag...
Driver: R9 TP 9.5*
3W: R9 15*
Hybrid: Rescue Dual TP 2H 16*
Irons 3-P: MP-62Wedges: Vokey 52* & 58*Putter: 34" Newport StudioBall: Pro V1x

I just lean mine against the wall. I do not know if them being deployed would make a difference but I had just leaned mine against a wall for years. Takes up less space too.

Brian

I have always stored mine upright (I don't have the space to use it's stand). I have had it 7 years now and since last summer the legs have started to need a little helping hand to retract fully. I don't think it would make much of a difference tbh.
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

I store mine in between rounds and when put away for the winter standing upright and in a corner to try to save the springs in the legs. Cant tell you if it does or not but it cant hurt to try to make my investment last a little longer i think.

Driver - SQ SUMO2 9.5 stiff
3 Wood - SQ SUMO2 15* stiff
Hybrid SQ SUMO2 20* stiff
Irons - CCi steel stiff
Wedge - 56*Wedge - Knight 60*Putter - ITraxBall - platinum+Black but soon to be switching to pr0v1 SG 2.5

Typically it's kept in my car otherwise I leave it standing and just put the cover over the top.

Driver: Rapture V2 9* | Fairway woods: Rapture V2 4w | Irons: G10 4-UW | Wedges: 56* | Putter: Redwood Anser | Ball: | Bag:

I store the one in my sig line.....standing straight upright....fully loaded.

Never had a problem.

The newer bags (last 3 years or so) are simply awesome.....light, stable....cart friendly.....perfect leg deployment......great straps.....etc.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

As you can see in my avatar, I store mine upright and with the clubs still in it.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I store it in a corner of a room so it wont fall over. Storing it with the legs out would take up too much space, but I don't imagine the legs being weakened by it. They are usually broken or damaged by crashing them into something or after long use.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I store mine upright against a wall or a corner in my room.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

stored upright with cover on it...

Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag

taylor made R9 460 - 10.5 | taylor made Burner Wood - 15 | callaway BB Heavenwood 3 Hybrid - 20 | nickent 3dx RC 4 Hybrid - 23 |mizuno MX300 5-PW | titleist SM Vokey - 50/54/58 | scotty cameron Fastback - 33'' | titleist NXT Tourhttp://www...

I store my bagboy standbag in the garage with legs deployed. When I am out walking they come open too easily, its very annoying.

MacTec 460 Draw Driver
V-Foil M565 Irons
MT 3 Wood
GigaGolf 52deg gap wedge
Wilson 55deg sand wedge MT Don White 60deg Lob wedgeknockoff 2-ball putter

I have always stored my stand bags with the legs out in the garage for easy access if I want to swing a club a bit after work.

Never had an issue with the mechanism that extends and retracts the legs working properly.

Regards,
-E

In my Grom bag:

Driver........... Burner 9.5* S-Flex
3-Wood......... Burner 15* S-Flex
5-Wood......... Ovation 18* S-FlexIrons............. Pro Combos 3,5-PW Rifle 6.0Wedges......... CG12 52.10, 56.14, 60.10Putter............ 33" VP1 Milled PutterBall................ e6+ or B330-SRangefinder.....

I have a hook screwed into the wall that keeps the bag about a half inch off the ground. It looks like it's sitting on the ground.

I store mine in the corner standing straight up. I use to store it with the legs deployed and I never really had an issue with the legs not retracting properly. However, I don't normally keep a bag for more than a season...some call me a club Ho, I look at it as just keeping up-to-date.

If it's a newer bag, I can't see it being an issue. I see a lot of older Ping bags where the legs don't fully retract and I assume it's from storing it with the stand deployed...mind you I don't know if you could really stand the old hoofer straight up.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

However, I don't normally keep a bag for more than a season...some call me a club Ho

Wouldn't that make you more of a Bag Ho?

Note: This thread is 5476 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!