IGNORED

Tiger Woods amazing win!!

NorCalGolfer
Note: This thread is 5440 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah i can't believe i missed most of it today. anybody know if CBS is going to rebroadcast it so i can DVR it or a website that has a stream of it?

I believe its airing on the golf channel right now.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

pezgolf was right when he said the memorial wasnt a major... I mean usually majors are setup damn tuff, but when the greens at memorial were 14.5 on the stemp and the fairways are thinner than augusta haha yup this tourny was in a class of its own I would say more than a major but I dont want to cause to much contro over that!!
Driver Tit 907D2 9.5 aldila spec grid 67s
HybidTit 585H 19* s flex
IronsTit 775cb 3-pw
WedgesTit vokey 52* 56* 60*
Putter Rife Barbados 35" winn mid pistol gripGolfballBridgestone B330-s/taylormade tp black/titleist prov1x

Oh ya I forgot to mention that JACK actually moved down to 18 to watch Tiger finish out and then greets him after he birdies on the edge of the fringe.... well that just tells you that the bear will shake the hands of nobodys huh (sarcasism)!!! I guess its the guys that actually appriciate this game that actually has any understanding of what true talent is!! PEz your retarded!!
Driver Tit 907D2 9.5 aldila spec grid 67s
HybidTit 585H 19* s flex
IronsTit 775cb 3-pw
WedgesTit vokey 52* 56* 60*
Putter Rife Barbados 35" winn mid pistol gripGolfballBridgestone B330-s/taylormade tp black/titleist prov1x

A great round is a great round no matter who else is playing. Tiger's "A" game is just better than anybody else's "A" game. When he plays the "A" game he wins, irrespective of who else is playing. Muirfield is as tough as Bethpage, and it will be an interesting Open if Tiger is on as many fairways as he was today.

I'll eat my words about tiger not being back to his normal tiger self, amazing last 18 holes. wow.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

The Memorial is easily one of the top tourneys of the year...it's Jack's event played on one the greatest courses in America.

To say it isn't really just proves you don't know much about the tour.

As for Tiger, a virtuoso performance today. Hit every fairway, drained a long birdie on 2, the chip in on 11, then the surgeon-like birdie, birdie finish to shoot 65 to win by one. Doesn't get much better than that.

He's starting to get his timing down and is making the putts he is supposed to make. He seemed to be much smoother in his tempo with the driver this week. He really did a great job at avoided lashing at it. Combined with the extra loft on the driver and he was nearly perfect.

If he keeps that up, he's going to be really tough to beat in NY. I just can't see anybody else being able to hang with him if his approaches are from the fairway every hole.
Driver: Nakashima HTEC 440cc 10.5* w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki X73
3 Wood: 909F3 15* w/Fujikura Pro-95 X-Stiff
Hybrid: Nakashima 2 iron 19* w/ KBS Tour shaft 6.5
Irons 3-PW: 690.MB w/ KBS Tour Shafts 6.5
Wedges: Black Nickel Spin Milled 56.11* & 60.04* w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel Wedge ShaftsPutter: Pro...

Watching Tiger's play on the last 2 holes today, I could surely say that he is back. Golf is not player vs. player(s). More likely, player vs. course/nature. Most of players struggled today but Tiger. He mastered the course better than anyone else today. That's all.
Can he do this again in US Open? If he drives as good as today, he will. But.. I will be cheering for Phil. :)

Golf: Agony & Love over 3 Generations

Tiger was awesome, but Furyk was pretty darn good too, finishing just 1 6-foot missed putt back and looking like he'll be a contender for the US Open.

Furyk is an amazing player. He doesnt make it look the best but he gets it done and gets the ball in the hole. I dont know if he will be a contender at Bethpage because he doesnt hit the ball that far. He averages 275 currently

and I think having more distance is a huge help there. Just a personal opinion what do you guys think?

FT-5 Tour 9.5 Driver Fujikura E360 X-Stiff
14 Degree Fairway Wood Fujikura Platform
Fusion 21 Degree Hybrid Aldila NV Stiff
X-20 Irons (Uniflex Nippon Shafts)
X Tour Vintage Wedges 54 and 58 Degree Studio Design Stainless Newport 35" Diablo Golf Ball"I must learn there is a difference between...

• Administrator
I think one of the things that people overlooked - largely because Tiger never really let on to it - is that Tiger is just now, just recently, able to hit balls on off-days with the quantity he likes, hit balls after rounds in the quantity he likes, and is no longer icing his knee down after playing a round.

In his words, his "ball count is up." Until just recently, he wasn't hitting very many balls or able to practice quite as much.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Great win for tiger. But if he doesnt win at the Open, all of the birds will just go back to questioning if there is something wrong with him. Its his curse, i suppose. He has to win every single time he plays or it seems like he lets alot of people down.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Tiger was awesome, but Furyk was pretty darn good too, finishing just 1 6-foot missed putt back and looking like he'll be a contender for the US Open.

It was really cool seeing intensity in Jim's eyes - especially seeing him go after those sunday par 3 sucker pin locations. I think he'll have a good run at a major this year, just not at the US Open I think.

As for Tiger, simply amazing. Stayed up til 1AM last night watching my DVR. I guess I won't be jumping the gun and getting a 9.5* or less driver.

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

A HOLLOW VICTORY. NO Phil; very few Euros. He beat the old guys like Furyk, who is washed up, and the no-names. Wait until Bethpage, when the BIG BOYS are in town, and then if he wins, start talking THEN, and not now.

You're joking, right? Sarcasm? Furyk is washed up but he now has 130 Top 10 finishes in his career. That's not washed up. Secondly, what Euros? Which ones have ever stared Tiger down? Paul Casey? Sergio? Paddy?

As far as the field, there were fourteen guys in the field that have won AT LEAST ONE MAJOR. Let's see that list of no names: Camilo Villegas Geoff Ogilvy Vijay Singh Davis Love III Sean O'Hair Adam Scott Justin Rose JB Holmes Paddy Harrington Paul Casey Zach Johnson Ernie Els Ian Poulter Ben Curtis Kenny Perry Hunter Mahan Luke Donald Mike Weir Nick Watney Stuart Cink Jim Furyk You make it seem like Tiger won the Corning Classic.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Congrats, Tiger! I hope this final round gets some replay action this week - I'd love to see it. Yesterday night when I finally got around to checking the final score, I was initially surprised, then just shook my head in awe of this man.

As others have said, he just gets it done time and time again when it really really counts. Mind-boggling, and awesome to see.

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5440 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!