IGNORED

What ball do you play and why?

fpuagolf
Note: This thread is 5505 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What ball do you play?

• Titleist
    • Nike
    • Srixon
    • Callaway
    • Top-Flite
    • Other--List vvv

I play the Noodle Long & Soft Plus. Last year I got fitted for clubs and this was the ball that reacted best with my swing. They're pretty inexpensive ($19/doz) and putt like a ProV

-Bobby Harris
----------------
I play a Wishon driver that was fitted to my personal swing by a professional club fitter
Irons are Tommy Armour 845's for irons handed down to me from my father
Wedges by Cleveland Golf. Gap(52), Sand(56) and Lob(60).And a VERY OLD Odyssey Putter with a graphite...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got 6-doz of the TM TP RED LDP.

Have a bag of randoms and a bag of found prov1/x's from work.

Sumo 10.5*
R7 Draw 15* 3W
3dx 17* 2H
Pi5 3-PW
Spin Milled Vokey 54* CG11 60* C-01

Callaway warbirds when im playing alone, because I got 10 boxes cheap and dont mind losing them when im trying high risk shots.

When im playing match play and betting, I go with the Prov1's, because I love the feel and and really trust them to stop on the green.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Bridgestone B330-RX for me; fantastic ball .

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Titleist Pro V1 because I like how they feel and perform better than anything else I've played

In the Bag

SQ Dymo Str8-Fit 9.5º Driver
15º T-40 3-Wood
3-PW Victory Red Forged TW BladesSlingshot OSS SWOZ Blue Chip MalletPro V1

I like the ProV1 and ProV1x just like everybody else, but I bought a dozen Srixon Z-Stars and loved them.

I got a sleeve of the Bridgestone B330 from somebody that plays here, and those things are sweet. It may all be in my head, but I really feel like I hit better with those balls.

In my Nexos Bag

Burner Driver 9.5*
Burner fairway 3 wood
755 Irons Tri Spec S Shafts 585 19* Hybrid w/ Aldilia NV S Shaft 3DX 23* Hybrid Tour 58* wedge CG 12 56* Wedge NCX-Ray Alpha Putter

id play the prov1 or prov1x and if ur on a tight budget play the nxt tour

Driver- Burner 460 07- 9.5. stiff
3 wood- Cobra Speed Pro X- 15* Stiff
3 hybrid- Burner rescue 07- 19* stiff
Irons- Mizuno Mp32 blades- Stiff rifle shafts 6.0.
Gap W- Titleist vokey spin milled 52
Sand W- Sonartec Spin milled 56
Lob W- Titleist Vokey spin milled 60
Putter- Odyssey White Hot XG # 7
Ball- Titleist Prov1

My new ball is Top Flite Gamers. Love them. For my game, they play pretty close to the v1x, and for a 3 dollar difference a ball, I can take a little harder cover. However I am starting to get a huge collection of premiums, v1, v1x, and recently someone around my home course has been leaving some nike one blacks around. Did recently try some z-star's and loved the way they played. Would probably be my ball of choice if price wasn't a factor.

i like the DT carry. pretty good price and good feel. i also sometimes play the srixon feel.

In my Sun Mountain MPB bag:
Burner 07 9.5w/ Prolaunch Red
SZ Fairway Woods 4+ and 7
Rescue TP 3 hybrid
200 series irons 4-pwcg11 wedges 52*,56*,60*White Hot 2-BallDT RollHome Course: www.bodegaharbourgolf.com/

Wilson Titanium
Wilson Smartcore
Top Flite XL

Why? Because they are cheap and I like the clicky sound they make off my putter face.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

Currently: Titliest DT Roll
Hopefully future: Bridgestone B330-RX

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

I have just graduated from playing from a random assortment of recycled balls to a single brand & type. Since the recycled balls were about $.30 each, I compromised on price and now have Nike Power Distance Soft (green box) for which I paid $18 for a dozen at Golfsmith. If they work out I will find a cheaper source. I played my first round with one of the PD Softs on Monday and it played quite well when it is hit properly. I actually played the same single ball for all 13 holes (weather got too hot to finish). It has a couple of very slight scuffs, but still quite playable. At least I have taken whatever variables the random balls created out of my play. But this means I am running out of excuses.....

John Hanley
Sugar Land, TX
Driver: Pinemeadow ZR-1 460cc 10.5 degree; senior flex graphite shaft;
6-PW: ProStaff Oversize; graphite (about 13 years old);
Adams Tight Lies fairway woods.

Cleveland CG14 56° sand wedge

Zebra 395gm Mallet putter

Nike One Platinum...great feel, good distance, consistent spin and flight. Got 100 of them for 70 cents a piece at lostgolfballs.com. Cant beat it.

In the bizzag...

Driver--TaylorMade Burner 9.5*
3W--TaylorMade Burner 15*
Hybrid--TaylorMade Burner Rescue 19*Irons--Maltby KE4 Tour(4-PW)Wedges--Cleveland CG14(52,56,60)Putter--Wilson CI1Ball--Nike One Platinum

I could have used a high spin ball tonight. It has been really dry here over the last week and every shot that hit the green bounced and roll off the back, even if it landed on the front. Can I change my vote?

- Shane

Titleist ProV1x. I get them free, so I'm not going to pay for anything else, haha.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Taylormade TP red. My misses are better especially off the tee. Also it doesn't balloon as much into the wind.
Driver: Adams insight A4 Prototype
loft 9.0 face 2 degrees open
Matrix Ozik X high kick point
3 wood Tour Edge Exotic CB2
loft 15 Mitsubishi Fubiki XHybrid Cleveland launcer 3I Aldila NV XIrons ...

Note: This thread is 5505 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!