IGNORED

Baltic Putter with Swastika

Note: This thread is 2094 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Can anyone tell me if they have seen one like this? It looks like a hickory shaft. On either side on the back, on toe and heel, are two swastika's.
Interesting piece.

Driver: 9.5 Titleist 910, Fairway Woods: G2 3 wood and 5 woods
Irons: Titleist CB712
Wedges: 52 - Vokey, 56 - Vokey Raw,
Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1
Ball: NXT Tour

uhhhh???? what?

In my TerraFirma X Bag
360 Ti 10.5° Driver
FT-i Squareway 15.0° 3w
04 Big Bertha 19.0° 5w
04 Big Bertha 4-9, PW, GW +1/2" Irons Vokey Spin-Milled 56°10° SW C02 Milled 35" Putter Contour Shoes and SofJoy GlovesA mix of NXT and Laddie Xtreme balls

Certainly there must be some putters with KKK logos them that you could admire.

Jesus dude........

"Never follow a bad shot with a stupid shot"

In my
Rapture 9.0
Rapture 3w Tight Lies A3KZG CBII irons with Rifle shafts 52 & 56 wedges White Hot 2 ball ProV

Villifying somebody for asking a question about an old item seems a bit extreme. Are you certain it is of Baltic origin? The USSR was in control of the Baltic countries until the Germans invaded them in 1941 so that should set its date of manufacture between mid 1941 and extremely early in 1945. Not everyone in the Baltic was upset to see the Nazis so some manufacture of items with swastikas wouldn't surprise me. On the other hand rationing of all war commidities (which would include many metals) in Germany became severe as the war dragged on so I would guess it was manufactured earlier in that time period. There are people who will collect nearly anything so I imagine if you look hard enough you'll find somebody who can give you more information about it.

edit: I better add that I in no way condone what Germany did in WWII. This is strictly an interest in history.
  • Upvote 1

Villifying somebody for asking a question about an old item seems a bit extreme. Are you certain it is of Baltic origin? The USSR was in control of the Baltic countries until the Germans invaded them in 1941 so that should set its date of manufacture between mid 1941 and extremely early in 1945. Not everyone in the Baltic was upset to see the Nazis so some manufacture of items with swastikas wouldn't surprise me. On the other hand rationing of all war commidities (which would include many metals) in Germany became severe as the war dragged on so I would guess it was manufactured earlier in that time period. There are people who will collect nearly anything so I imagine if you look hard enough you'll find somebody who can give you more information about it.

yea sure, while your at it - grab your white robe and hood and see if maybe that compliments your outfit - then you can tee off in a white robe and putt with the swastikas. Hell add some skinhead boots to the mix and your all set for your sunday tee time at Racist Ranch golf links

In my bag:
Titleist 910D2 w/Diamana Kaali'Stiff
Titleist 910F w/ Diamana Kaali' Stiff
Titleist 910F Hybrid 19 degree w/ Diamana Kaali' Stiff

Titleist AP1 Irons - TT S300
Titleist Vokey SM 50, 54 & 58 - Titleist Scott Cameron Newport

Perhaps there could be a legitimate historical question here, but it is likely that this thread cannot be kept on any civil level no matter how innocent the original question. Before it gets out of control, I'd recommend this thread should be closed. Quickly.

I do not see what's so wrong about this thread. It's a purely collectible item. My brother for sure would be interested in such a thing, he has a general interest in German WWII memorabilia. He already has several banknotes with the Swastika, several Iron crosses and several official German documents (passports, etc..) from that era.

There is nothing wrong about collecting something of interest. And it does not mean in any way that the collector condones or supports or even sympathizes with Nazi Germany.

Geez guys, get over your nerves. Some people just can't realize that history is history however ugly it is.
  • Upvote 1
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

I do not see what's so wrong about this thread. It's a purely collectible item. My brother for sure would be interested in such a thing, he has a general interest in German WWII memorabilia. He already has several banknotes with the Swastika, several Iron crosses and several official German documents (passports, etc..) from that era.

i agree with with you

• Upvote 1

and all the people think swastika is racist

You can't blame them, the meaning American Indian's have for it is hardly more known than how Hitler used it.

• Upvote 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You can't blame them, the meaning American Indian's have for it is hardly more known than how Hitler used it.

yea but someone asked about a piece of history and everyone assumed he was racist.I take it theres a lot of closed minded people on here.

• Thumbs Up 1

I got a shower head from aushwitz, lol jk.

In the bag
Driver - Burner 460cc with Balistik Stiff Shaft
Hybrid Adams A4 3i
Hybrid Adams Golf Tight Lies 4 utility
Irons - Adams Golf Tight Lies 5-SW CG 12 52 degree 58 degree spin milled Classic #2 Putter

and all the people think swastika is racist

The swastika symbol is commonly associated with the most virulent racism and genocide in modern history. Maybe that's why it's the symbol of choice for white supremists? I'm sure that the vast majority of people don't associate a swastika type symbol with native americans. The fact that the OP referred to it as "Baltic" negated any reference to native americans.

There's nothing "interesting" about symbols of abject hatred.

"Never follow a bad shot with a stupid shot"

In my
Rapture 9.0
Rapture 3w Tight Lies A3KZG CBII irons with Rifle shafts 52 & 56 wedges White Hot 2 ball ProV

The swastika symbol is commonly associated with the most virulent racism and genocide in modern history. Maybe that's why it's the symbol of choice for white supremists? I'm sure that the vast majority of people don't associate a swastika type symbol with native americans. The fact that the OP referred to it as "Baltic" negated any reference to native americans.

I am glad someone wrote this intelligent remark. Thank you. I lost half my family on my dads side and some on my mom's side due to the holocaust. The symbol is disgusting and I sense apathy among many of the posters on this subject. I suspect they would feel different - or perhaps- act a little more sensitive if they actually lost family members due to this. I also, don't care what you say - if your collecting swastikas and german crosses you have a dark fascination with racism and hatred at the very least.

In my bag:
Titleist 910D2 w/Diamana Kaali'Stiff
Titleist 910F w/ Diamana Kaali' Stiff
Titleist 910F Hybrid 19 degree w/ Diamana Kaali' Stiff

Titleist AP1 Irons - TT S300
Titleist Vokey SM 50, 54 & 58 - Titleist Scott Cameron Newport

If you look at the picture in the auction is looks as though the swastika is not rotated 45 deg. like the Nazi symbol.

Unfortunately, people really only are interested in swastikas because of the association with Nazis. I don't think it's racist, but do think it is kind of morbid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

This clearly doesn't belong in the Golf Forum, but it's an interesting discussion so I hope it will be moved rather than closed.

Studying, discussing, and understanding "symbols of abject hatred" is not only interesting, but important. Like it or not (and I hope "not"), it is a part of human history, and we are better served to understand it than to hope it will be forgotten. "Those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it," and all that.

The piece described here is certainly interesting. Asking "who" created it, "when," and "why?" are all interesting questions. The answer given here demonstrates how interesting-- if the answer given above is correct, it turns out to have nothing to do with hate. The "Baltic" connection is a historical red herring. I don't see how to describe that as not interesting.

Does collecting symbols of dark periods in human history indicate a "dark fascination with racism and hatred?" It may. "At the very least?" I don't think so. It depends on what else is being collected and what is being done with it. Hanging the items on your wall to look cool is very, very different from studying them and learning the "who," "when," and "why" about each. That is what the OP did here. There's nothing dark about it. When we write history, we need to include everything, not just the things we're proud of as a species.
  • Thumbs Up 1

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Note: This thread is 2094 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!