IGNORED

Your strange Golf idiosyncrasies????

2bGood
Note: This thread is 5401 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Some of the things mentioned I do but I don't consider them idiosyncrasies.

Like having my clubs in the same spot all the time just makes it easier to find the right one quickly.

Wiping my clubs after each shot just keeps dirt out of the grooves.

I don't put stuff in my left pocket because I wear my glove on my left hand and it's hard to get in there with the glove on...

To me these are just practical things not idiosyncrasies.

Always a hat, marker/divot tool stuck over left temple, pencil and tee over right temple, never have sunglasses (can you say jacked up depth perception?).

My bag has to go right behind me about 4 feet back, but that has to do with my preshot routine more than anything.

Nothing weird.

Ben Hogan is my swing coach.

Driver: Burner TP
3 & 5 Woods: No-name
3H:No-name4i-PW: MP-32...unapologetically...You should try blades, too56*: CG12Putter: Spider

Glad to know I'm not the only one... Three coins in my pocket for ball markers, a blue sharpie, Titleist golf balls with numbers 5,6,7, or 8, and a damp towel to clean my clubs...

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

I gotta wear a hat. Never sunglasses. I don't like how glasses slightly distorts my vision. I also completely empty out my pockets except for a few coins, tees, and green repair tool. i used to like playing with 2 balls on my left side so it would remind me to lean that way when I strike, but I was more comfortable with nothing in my pockets.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Having a positive frame of mind is essential, no matter how you achieve it. I've read most of the pros have some little thing that makes them feel lucky or positive. It might me a lucky coin or a mantra they recite or some special ball marker.

I noticed Greg Norman stepped back from the ball put his right hand in his pocket and touched something before he hit a drive at the Open last year. He wasn't checking to see if he had enough change to buy a beer at the snack shack. Odds are it was some "lucky" coin.

I don't have a steady "go to" good luck thing yet, but I really really need one.

SubPar

for you guys and gals that don't wear sunglasses, you really need to try out some Oakleys that are polarized. And you need to protect your eyes, it's the only set you have.

I put my sunglasses on top of my hat when making a shot and then put them back over my eyes in between.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

-I hate clubcovers and it bothers me immensely when I play with people who take them on and off after each shot. The putter cover is the worst. I think it's unnecessary and a waste of time

-I rarely take a practice swing for a full shot

-Sunglasses on, all the time

-Visor on all the time

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

-I hate clubcovers and it bothers me immensely when I play with people who take them on and off after each shot. The putter cover is the worst. I think it's unnecessary and a waste of time

Oh god, you would hate to play with me, I have headcovers on all my clubs except my 56* & my 52* (only just recently put iron covers on, due to getting brand new irons) & i always do my pre-shot routine. You would also probaly get annoyed with the amount of stuff i drink & putting drinks in and out of my bag.

In my black carry bag
Driver- 909 D2 10.5* 76g Stiff UST Proforce V2
3-Wood 909 F3 14.5* 82g Stiff UST Proforce V2
Hybrid- 585-H 19* 85g Stiff Flex Adilla Proto
Irons- Z-B Forged 3iron-PW Project X 6.0Gap Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 52|8Sand Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 56|10Putter- Scotty Cameron...

I will not keep two metallic objects in the same pocket. I don't know why, but something about them hitting or rubbing against each other bothers me. The quarter I use to mark my ball goes in the front right pocket with a couple tees, divot tool in back right. I don't put anything in the left because I don't want to feel them on my backswing, and it's a pain to take stuff out of them with a glove on which doesn't come off when putting. That's all I'll keep in my pockets as well, everything else goes in the bag.

I have covers on my Dirver, Three wood, Hibred and

PUTTER . I won't worry about covers if I am using a cart (wich I rarely do) but when I walk I don't really like my putter getting banged around.
Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

Empty pockets and wedding ring off. I just don't feel good over the ball with stuff in my pockets and the ring is just annoying to feel against the grip.

Extra ball in my left pocket, 4 tees in my right pocket (3 long, 1 short), divot tool and ball marker in right pocket. I pick up all whole tees i see on a tee box. Nothing too strange.

Cleveland Hibore XL
Mizuno F60 3 wood
3-PW MP 68
52 & 56 Vokey
Odyssey White Steel 2 Ball

Extra ball in my left pocket, 4 tees in my right pocket (3 long, 1 short), divot tool and ball marker in right pocket. I pick up all whole tees i see on a tee box. Nothing too strange.

Extra ball in your pocket? Jeez that would put me off something savage, do you ever bruise your leg when you bumpit or lean on it? Or do you just wear baggy pants?

In my black carry bag
Driver- 909 D2 10.5* 76g Stiff UST Proforce V2
3-Wood 909 F3 14.5* 82g Stiff UST Proforce V2
Hybrid- 585-H 19* 85g Stiff Flex Adilla Proto
Irons- Z-B Forged 3iron-PW Project X 6.0Gap Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 52|8Sand Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 56|10Putter- Scotty Cameron...

-club covers stay in the trunk when the clubs come out of the car
-clubs are SPOTLESSLY clean
-EVERYTHING is Callaway (everything in my life is matching brand)
-all clothing is J.Crew (including hat and sunglasses)
-must have pocketknife and divot tool in left pocket
-must have 1 good shot/hole per day to keep all aforementioned golf equipment off eBay

In my Warbird bag:
Hyper X 10* (soon to be FT9 tour 9.5*!)
X Fairway 3 Wood
X Prototypes 3-PW
X Forged 54*.14 wedge X Forged 58*.10 wedge X Forged 64*.9 wedge Black Series #1 HX Hot balls

Every round for me:

Right pocket; 1 White tee, 1 gold dollar, 1 repair tool (grandpas)
Left Pocket; Glove (when I'm not wearing it)

Weirdest thing I do:

Only wash my ball w/ bogey or worse. If @ 18 my ball is grass stained beyond belief, you know I've had a good round.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

Chewing gum can be a good tool for detecting and controlling stress levels. If I find myself chewing quickly, I know that I need to take some slower breaths and slow my stride down a tad.

As far as my idiosyncrasies, where do I start...

Left sock, right sock, left shoe, right shoe when suiting up for battle.
I use a "lucky peso" for a ball marker.
No change can be in my right pocket, just tees, ball marker and divot tool.
Head cover must not touch the ground and has to be "looking" in the direction of the shot.
I picked locker #36.
I eat a banana if I start developing a slice to appease the internal desire for said fruit.
I had naked buffalo wings last week to help rid myself of the dreaded chicken wing.
Green dot marking my ball. It must be green. ???
etc.

I just switched my bag back to my wilson bag, which is what I used the last time I shot several good scores.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5401 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!