IGNORED

Ever been stabbed by a cactus?

Ben
Note: This thread is 4714 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Freakin' yucca tree got me! I was playing golf at Crystalaire CC today, its out in the desert near Palmdale, CA. about an hour from L.A. Anyway, I was being a good guy looking for my opponent's ball and walked right into this thing. Straight stabbed me right under the knee. It was a clean puncture, in and out and I didn't really feel it. Just looked down at my knee and blood was spewing out. I swear I felt it hit my bone too. Stinkin' little jerk totally got me. I gave it a little feel after this happened and sure enough, felt like steel. This happened on the 18th hole, and after we finished we asked the guy in the shop if I had to be concerned about poison or anything. Thankfully no, but he did mention that he's seen golf balls stuck right in the things. In anycase, if you're ever at Crystalaire, or playing near cactus, be careful. These suckers are sneaky. Crystalaire on the other hand. Really fun golf course!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Yes, I was in El Paso a couple of weeks ago and walked into one outside the hotel lobby (talking over my shoulder to a co-worker). Boy, was I surprised about getting gored (in the arm), we don't have cactus in Michigan lol.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

did you need stiches?

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

Nah, luckily no stiches. Just a clean puncture. Only bled for two mintes or so.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Ben you seem to be really injury prone lol

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Holy cow that does look painful. I did fall into a patch of cactus when I was pretty young (about 4) and I must have had dozens of pricklers in me. It was pretty bad lol

Lefty Golfer!
In my light stand bag:
R7 Limited Driver 9.5* Matrix Ozik xcon 5.5 Stiff Shaft
A3os 3 (19*) and 4 (22*) Hybrids Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff shafts
X-22's 5-AW Regular Flex Uniflex Steel Shafts X-Forged SW 56* & LW 60* 35" Studio Stainless Newport 2.5 ('04 version) with a...

Nah, luckily no stiches. Just a clean puncture. Only bled for two mintes or so.

Ben, I don’t want to sound too maternal, but if I were you I would get a tetanus shot immediately.

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

I was actually quite worried at first. It got me right in the sweet spot under the knee cap and over the next big leg bone, what felt like through the ligaments or cartilage or whatever. But after a few minutes and a couple of holes golfing on it, there was no pain, swelling nor redness, so I figured I was alright. When I got out of the car after the hour's drive home, it was a little tight in that knee, but I wasn't terribly concerned. And now it is fine. No sign of anything. Thanks for the concern though.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• 4 weeks later...
^^ haha, nice! I guess I shouldn't laugh, but that's nuts.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I've never been tagged by a big one but I used to have a few smaller ones when I was younger. One like this in particular got me a few times. It feels fury to touch but it leaves hundreds of tiny little spikes in your hand that hurt like hell and are near impossible to get out because they're so tiny.

^^ That thing looks gnarly.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• 5 months later...
I got one. I used to mountain bike many miles a day (20-30) when I lived in Phoenix. I once fell off the bike, and put my hand down to break my fall. I landed right on a cholla cactus. The cholla's barbs are so small (as wide as hair), that you can't grab onto them to remove them. What's worse, they have barbs so you can't pull them back out. Once they go in, bottom line, they don't come out. This was the most pain I've ever felt from a cactus related injury.

• 1 year later...

Exuse me but does anyone know what that type of cactus is because I have one of them. when I got it I just read how much water it needed then tossed the slip away hat had all the details , now I am really needing it or it may die (not the water) can you please tell me by email at craigatron@hotmail.co.uk I really need help and FAST!

Please anyone!

Note: This thread is 4714 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!