IGNORED

Has anyone ever hit a ball back?

mhodar13
Note: This thread is 5108 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Okay so me and my dad go golfing 1 to 3 times a week. Almost every time we're out (or anytime I golf with anyone else, for that matter), some a$$h*le decides to drive when I'm hitting my 2nd shot. I've already had 2 come within 2 feet of me in the past month, and of course, nobody yells fore. So, my question is, next time this happens, where they drive, clearly see me, and don't yell fore, should I tee the ball up and hit it back at them? I'm really getting tired of this to be honest. Anyone ever do this before?

In my White/Red/Yellow Monza Featherweight Stand Bag:
Driver: 07 Burner 9.5* stiff
3 Wood: 07 Burner 15* stiff
5 Wood: 07 Burner 18* stiff
Irons 4-AW: r7 steel shaft stiffWedges: RAC Satin 56*, 60*Putter: Rossa Daytona 35 InchBall: Bridgestone e7+, Titleist Pro V1Shoes: D3000Glove: ...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm not yet but boy would that feel good. I think you should try it some time. See what happens. If any legal things come up, you can go with it as being self-defense. Or just plead the FIF. Either way, it'll be worth it.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

I wouldn't advise it, but I sure know the feeling. Call the clubhouse or there are other ways to let them know your displeasure.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Yeah I'm debating either hitting it back next time or just throwing it in my bag and keep on going like nothing happened. I like the 1st better, but the latter is more subtle. And it would be fun to see one of those bastards looking so hard for their ball that went right down the middle lol.

Irons 4-AW: r7 steel shaft stiffWedges: RAC Satin 56*, 60*Putter: Rossa Daytona 35 InchBall: Bridgestone e7+, Titleist Pro V1Shoes: D3000Glove: ...

If it is close enough I usually just stomp the ball all the way into the ground. This is especially fun here in AZ as the fairways are hard enough let alone trying to pry your golf ball out of a dry hole.

G5 9* w/Aldila NV Shaft
4DX +3 (13*)
3DX RC 2-Iwood 17*
i5 3-PW GREEN DOT w/Z-Z65 steel shafts
Ping Eye 2 XG SW & LW

Ping Zing G2 Putter

Hoofer 3 Bag

Nike ball (any)

Rounds this year:81: Granite Falls North84: Trilogy at Vistancia84: Falcon Golf Course82: Granite Falls South 82

ooh that's a great I'm definitely gonna try that technique next time lol. I'll use the end of my club to bury it so deep they can't get it out. Lol hopefully next time it's a pro v1.

No. Don't do that.

If anything pick up the ball if it's a good one and keep it, or throw into the woods, rough, hazard, etc. Don't put their life in danger by teeing it back at them...that's kind of dumb.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Yeah I'm debating either hitting it back next time or just throwing it in my bag and keep on going like nothing happened. I like the 1st better, but the latter is more subtle. And it would be fun to see one of those bastards looking so hard for their ball that went right down the middle lol.

Picking it up is chicken-shit and great way to start a fight if you wanted one.

The stomp or verbal altercation are fine usually work. Hitting it back is funny but then makes you the jackass.
Driver: Adams 9032LS 9.5* - 45" - Aldila RIP Alpha 60S
3 Wood: Adams FAST 10 15* - 43" - Aldila Wasabi 70S
2-Iron: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* - DGS300 
Irons: Mizuno MP-68 3-PW - DGS300
Wedges: Mizuno MPT-11 54* and 60*Putter: PING Redwood Anser Black Nickel 340g, 34"Ball: Titleist ProV1Bag: Mizuno...

I had some like tough kid that was wearing a bandana drive into me and hit my leg so I took the golf ball and kept it and then he I hid behind a tree and the second shot I also took it

Picking it up is chicken-shit and great way to start a fight if you wanted one.

I would say hitting the ball toward someone on a fairway is a pretty good way to start a fight.

"The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde

i hit one back once
i was in a foursome w my buddy and our wives
dude kept hitting up on our heels, likr 4 holes in a row

i politely asked him on the teebox to knock it off, as it was backed up - there was nothing we could do to speed it up

2 holes later he did it again on a wide open par 5, snuck one up and hit my bag about 4ft behind me

i was about to hit my trusty 4i..put it back in the bag and hit my 3w back to him
we was walking towards up as this point, and saw his ball roll past him
looked at the ball, then me, then his ball, then me....was like WTF!!???

he then proceeded to "practice" chipping on that hole, when we were waiting for him on the next T
he didnt say a word and wouldnt wait on the T boxes w us!!!! hahaha!

was quite funny
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Poor etiquette to not yell fore if your ball is heading toward someone.
Even worse if you decide to hit it back at them.

Never know what kind of person just hit into you;
say you decide to hit it back at him, next thing you know he is coming at you with a switchblade.

F***ed up but not out of the realm of possibility in the world we live in today.
The sticks:
Driver: r5 10.5° Stiff N
3 wood: 980f 15°
Irons: RAC OS 4-9
Wedges: 48° & 56°, SV 60°Putter: TracyBall: NXT Tour

Taking the ball is stealing. I wouldn't do that.

Hitting it back at him could have some unintended consequences. For instance, if you hit it back and it hit him and injured him you would be liable and possibly face criminal charges of assault.

You really just have to ask them to not hit into you. If they keep doing give a call to the clubhouse and explain the situation and they will likely deal with it.

Likewise, if someone is taking too long I don't advise hitting into them. It may not be their fault and even if it is you can seriously injure or kill someone with a golf ball.

Ya good point from now on I'll just pound there ball deep as hell into the rough then keep on playing like normal. Log wouldn't it be great if it occurred in a fairway bunker and you buried the ball way down in the sand?

Had a ball fly past me once and then a couple holes later had it roll by so I proceeded to hit the ball into the water while he watched from the tee box. He never came up to us to ask where his ball went. If you want, you could always write him a nice message on the golf ball.

« Keith »

If they didn't yell "fore" and apologize report them to the clubhouse or marshall. The worst thing you could do is hit it back or get in their face. There are crazy people out there with guns and ammo in the glove box.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Okay so me and my dad go golfing 1 to 3 times a week. Almost every time we're out (or anytime I golf with anyone else, for that matter), some a$$h*le decides to drive when I'm hitting my 2nd shot. I've already had 2 come within 2 feet of me in the past month, and of course, nobody yells fore. So, my question is, next time this happens, where they drive, clearly see me, and don't yell fore, should I tee the ball up and hit it back at them? I'm really getting tired of this to be honest. Anyone ever do this before?

Funny story I have...kind of embarassing too. Anyways, the same thing happened to me and my gf, who had only played a par 3 up until that point...it was her first time to play a proper 18 (and only my 3rd), so it scuked that we had to deal with this foursome of fools. We both told them to knock it off at the tee, and they were like 'oh sorry and rolled thier eyes.' Didn't happen again for a while, until the 11th hole, when the ball slammed into the side of the cart and careened right between us. I WAS going to stomp on it, or hit it into the woods...but before I could react, she picked the ball up and threw it into a pond and gave the guy the 1 fingered wave.

Too bad she accidently picked MY ball up and not his. LOL. I decided just to continue play with his and not say anything. Oh yeah...they made extra sure to read that green very very carefully while we were at the next tee. So it worked out. Now that I'm a older and a bit mature, I'd just call the clubhouse and get someone out. Ah...youth.

Two instances.....

The group behind us kept hitting into us and I ask them twice to stop. The next time the ball took one hop and hit my BIL right in the back. They just stood on the tee box and never said a word. He tee'd it up and drove the ball over their heads into the woods. Yes, he is a redneck and at the time played linebacker in college. They never said a word but they also didn't hit into us after that.

The next time a group of smart alecks kept yelling at us to hurry up. Sunday afternoon so everybody was backed up. We were putting on a par 3 and you could see the green but only part of the flagstick from the tee box. I made sure and stood where they could see me. I saw the boy swing and the ball flew right past my BIL's head. He kicked it in the hole as we were leaving. This was on 17. When we got back to the clubhouse we told the pro what he did and that the kid did not really get a hole in one, you should have seen the kid's face. He was hollering and the pro was hollering. Yes, we did wait on them in the clubhouse to tell them what my BIL did. This was in my younger days when I was much more confrontational. We all have to grow up sometime, some just later than others.

Driver: 9.5 Titleist 910, Fairway Woods: G2 3 wood and 5 woods
Irons: Titleist CB712
Wedges: 52 - Vokey, 56 - Vokey Raw,
Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1
Ball: NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 5108 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!