IGNORED

Golf Towels - Best, What do You Use, etc.?

Note: This thread is 4044 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My favorite golf towel is from the Marriot.

One end is wet the other dry. I wrap it through a bar on the cart. Works like a champ.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Use a pos towel. Dont need anything fancier than that. Havent tried wetting it, but gonna have to give that a whirl next time.

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use a pink gatorade towel. Sadly, they are only available in september/october/ They are about 18" x 42"

In my  stand bag

:titleist:910d2 8.5*

speedline fast 12 3w 

910h 17* 

:titleist: 712 cb/mb 3-p

:mizuno: MP-T4 56* 60*

:nike: method 001 

:srixon: tour yellow z star xv 

I have a club glove one, that the thing I like best is the small towel that came with it. Stays wet for a long time, but to be honest, the generic microfiber towel I used to use works just as well.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

I really like the Club Glove golf towels, they hold water well and don't dry out too quickly.

Unfortunately I left my on the cart a while ago so I don't have it anymore, although I've replaced it with one with a similar texture and it seems to work just as well.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• 1 month later...
Originally Posted by sasquatcho69

what kind of towel do you guys use?

i went to a tour event and it seems like they just use rags and not any of those expensive(for us) golf towel's.

does anybody know what they use?

I think any towel will do. But there are certainly a lot of towels at golf stores that wants you to spend over $30 for them. Unless you can use them for something other than wiping your clubs, they're not worth it. That said, I scored a iGotcha towel for free last week from RockBottomGolf.com that doubles as a rain hood. It definitely was worth $5 shipping but that's about it.

I use a Frogger Towel. It's a great towel, a little pricey, but worth it in my opinion. Can't see myself switching anytime soon.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

I've got an old one I got from my grandfather that I use for mud and dirt, one I got at a Marriot golf course for sweat, and a TaylorMade r7 towel I got for a buck at TJ Maxx, for ... I'm not really sure. I could probably stop lugging that one around. I've got a few more in my trunk too for some reason. One's a black Nike towel, the other I got at the Disney courses and has Mickey on it.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

club glove towel is the best. I love it because it holds water better and doesn't dry out as fast.  It is also good because it has a waffle design that gets in the grooves a lot better then a regular towel. If you have money, get it. If you don't, just get an old towel you already own.

Club Glove towel is the way to go, you don't even need a scrubber to clean the grooves.

Note: This thread is 4044 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!