IGNORED

Broken Finger

mkrosal
Note: This thread is 1687 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm a right handed golfer and just found out that i have a broken right pinky. I'm currently enrolled in a golf class at my university that is just starting today. I'm curious, has anyone ever tried to play with this injury? do you think it's worth a try or do you think it will mess up my game since i'm just starting out? any advice would be greatly appreciated.
In My Bag:
Driver:MacTec NVG2 Draw 460cc
Woods:MacTec NVG2 3 Wood
Hybrid:Idea Tech A4 #3,Utility #4
Irons:MacTec NVG2 5-PW Steel, Regular FlexWedgesCCi Attack 50*CG10 Black Pearl 56*,60*Putter:C-Groove Valerie 34"

I'm not sure what kind of class it is, but if it's just starting I bet theyll teach short game stuff first and I don't think the broken pinky should matter. It might even help take any "handsy-ness" out of your chipping/putting.

It depends how you grip the club too. I overlap my grip, so my right pinky doesn't even touch the club, it just helps make my hands work cohesively.

I dislocated my right thumb freshman year and played later that week and through the spring. Not that it's that similar a situation, but I just took the splint off and taped it good. You should be fine. And if it hurts, stop.

The bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 Limited (10.5*)
3-wood: Taylormade R7 st (15*)
5-wood: Titleist 909 F2(18.5*)Irons: Taylormade RAC TP MB; Project-X 6.0 (3-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 52.08 Vokey Spin-Milled 58.12Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 (33")Ball: Titleist ProV1

Yeah it's a beginner's class but i'm not sure if we're starting out w/the short game or not. I usually use the interlocking grip just because i have pretty small hands but i guess this will give me the opportunity to try out the overlapping grip. I was thinking that it might actually help me w/working my hands too but we'll see.
In My Bag:
Irons:MacTec NVG2 5-PW Steel, Regular FlexWedgesCCi Attack 50*CG10 Black Pearl 56*,60*Putter:C-Groove Valerie 34"

Much better to have broken your right pinkey than your left. Right hand grip pressure is supplied by ring and middle fingers. I would not play through too much pain, but this isn't the worst injury for a golfer.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

play with an overlapping grip. Either way you shouldnt be gripping the club too hard any how
In my Warbird Hot Stand Bag:

Driver: R9 420cc 9.5° stiff
3 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #3 Stiff
5 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #5 Stiff3 Hybrid: Burner 08 Rescue #3 StiffIrons: MX-25 4-G Project X 5.5SW: CG12 STD bounce 56° Black PearlLW: CG12 STD bounce 60° Black PearlPutter: California...

well i went out and played with it and i have to say i'm glad that I broke it. This was by far my best day at the range just because i focused so much on my grip. I used an overlapping grip with minimum grip pressure and it improved my ball striking tremendously!
In My Bag:

well i went out and played with it and i have to say i'm glad that I broke it. This was by far my best day at the range just because i focused so much on my grip. I used an overlapping grip with minimum grip pressure and it improved my ball striking tremendously!

Nice! not so nice that you broke your pinky though...

In my Warbird Hot Stand Bag:

Driver: R9 420cc 9.5° stiff
3 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #3 Stiff
5 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #5 Stiff3 Hybrid: Burner 08 Rescue #3 StiffIrons: MX-25 4-G Project X 5.5SW: CG12 STD bounce 56° Black PearlLW: CG12 STD bounce 60° Black PearlPutter: California...

Nice. I strained an abdominal muscle a few years ago right before we went on a golf trip and it helped my accuracy off the tee unbelievably. It kept my lower body from outracing my swing because I couldn't uncoil like a maniac without doubling over in pain.

Diamonds in the rough man, gotta watch out for them.

The bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 Limited (10.5*)
3-wood: Taylormade R7 st (15*)
5-wood: Titleist 909 F2(18.5*)Irons: Taylormade RAC TP MB; Project-X 6.0 (3-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 52.08 Vokey Spin-Milled 58.12Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 (33")Ball: Titleist ProV1

• 9 years later...

You probably shouldn’t. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Wenham120 said:

Broke my middle finger (right hand) yesterday and supposed to play today, i am a right handed golfer so can i still play?

I would not play. You can do more damage.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I wouldn’t.  Not the middle finger...

Edited by David in FL

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

One good chunk and you’ll get your answer.😵

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• 3 months later...

I broke my left index finger yesterday an hour before one of my matches and i have like 3 golf matches and a big tournament for my high school team this week/weekend, yesterday i played through the pain. Should i continue to play and just tape it up or should i not risk the further damage?

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, luccb727 said:

I broke my left index finger yesterday an hour before one of my matches and i have like 3 golf matches and a big tournament for my high school team this week/weekend, yesterday i played through the pain. Should i continue to play and just tape it up or should i not risk the further damage?

Go see a doctor.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

16 minutes ago, iacas said:

Go see a doctor.

+1

I wouldn't even consider swinging a club until it's fully healed, All it takes is a small knock and you're back to square one.

• Thumbs Up 1

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

10 hours ago, iacas said:

Go see a doctor.

10 hours ago, iacas said:

Go see a doctor.

Thanks, the doctor said I’d be out for 3-4 weeks and that I shouldn’t have played the match in Monday, too bad my season ends in exactly three weeks from Thursday🙄😭

Note: This thread is 1687 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!