IGNORED

What's Your Ball Marker?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3970 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
I'm just glad nobody has (yet) seriously responded and said "I just use a tee."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...
i usually use one of two coins. the first is a sacagawea gold dollar and the second is a 1 euro coin. the euros are interesting coins because every country puts their own mark on the back, i use the italian one which has an image of the vetruvian man.

What's in my bag

Titleist 983k, 9.5*
Taylormade V Steel 15*
Taylormade Retro Raylor 19*Titleist DCI 962 3 - PWTitleist Vokey Oil Can 54.10 and 60.04Scotty Cameron Santa Fe

I use a indian head nickel that my grandfather found while working at a old army fort (Fort Simcoe) He found many old coins and saved them all, and gave them to me when I graduated high school.
REZGOLF

Currently in the bag-

R7 460 9.5 stiffV-steel 3 wood stiff/V-steel 5 wood stiff/2 iron hybrid reg.R.A.C OS2 irons reg.52, 56, & 60 deg. regularScotty Cameron Studio Design Newport II

I'm waiting for the Arizona quarter to come out....until then I pretty much use whatever coin I have in my bag or the ball marker I bought in Hawaii

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use a $1.00 Vegas slot machine coin!

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

This is a pretty funny story actually.

I normally just use the standard quarter / dime combo (dime when closer to the hole), but in the last few tournaments I have entered I have been using a half dollar instead of the quarter. When using the half dollar in my last tournament, a competitor had seen me mark with it on a prior green, and when I was about to mark in his line he said, "Please don't use the Ritz cracker to mark your ball this time!"

Made me laugh anyway

underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

I use a Medinah 2006 PGA Chmpionship ballmarker on my hat clip. Took my boys to a practice round, dropped 80 bucks on hats so they could get autographs, and got a set of three ball markers for myself. Of course my oldest promptly took 2 of the markers for his bag

“You don't have the game you played last year or last week. You only have today's game. It may be far from your best, but that's all you've got. Harden your heart and make the best of it.”

~ Walter Hagen

I have a few . . .

Indian Head/Buffalo Nickel

Icelandic Kronur coin with dolphins on it (I think its a 10 crown piece)

An old MBTA token from Boston

An old NH highway toll token with an image of the old man of the mountain on it (Sadly, the old man has departed this world).

Usually, I reach into the bag before I tee off, feel around and randomly pull one of the above out but if I really want a lucky piece I'll use the Buffalo nickel - IMO it's probably the nicest coin ever minted by the US mint (even if it is a bit beat up). No, I'm not a coin collector - just ball markers.

In my bag:

Driver: Wishon 915CFE, 420cc, SK Fiber Lite Revolution I
Irons: Tommy Armour 845 FS - PW - 3
Hybrid: Adams Idea 21 deg.Wedges: Cleveland 900 52 deg., 56 deg. TA588 60 deg.Putter: Generic mallet style

Usually dimes, I keep 5-10 in my bag.
In the bag:

Driver: 905R 9.5* NV-Stiff
Woods: (Tour Issue) 906f2 15* Speeder-Stiff
Irons: 695CBWedges: Vokey 252.08, Vokey Spin Milled 256.14Putter: Studio Stainless 2.5 (35 1/2" 350g)Ball: Pro V1x (Low #'s)

I use a silver coin or a new quarter (Texas) cause I like the look of the Texas Quarter.

Dale Alsandor

What's in the bag:KZG Gemini 460 with MATRIX stiff shaft (blue)Sonartec NP 15 degree fairway metalSonartec 5 fairway metal 21 degree with MATRIX stiff shaft (blue)Cleveland HALO 19 degree with stock stiff shaftHogan CFT 28 degree hybrid KZG Evolution Irons with Nippon 1050...

• 2 weeks later...

Seems funny that there aren't rules on markers. Is on everything else.
Seems they're all between 1/2" - 1" and round, and not very thick (apart from when you use a rock or a beetle, or even a golf tee ). Thought there'd be a limit on the thickness and presence of a dome, on the very slight chance someone putts over it.
I'm thinking I might start using a marker with a spike on the back - heard some pro was penalised when they accidentally dropped their ball, and their marker moved.

I'm thinking I might start using a marker with a spike on the back - heard some pro was penalised when they accidentally dropped their ball, and their marker moved.

I think it was Tom Watson who dropped his marker on top of his ball and caused it to move. He assessed himself a penalty stroke. My memory isn't all that good, but I think that is right... maybe two or three years ago???

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

Note: This thread is 3970 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!