IGNORED

What ball do you use

Note: This thread is 4929 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been using these X-Out Top Flites - $4/dozen from rock bottom ( http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/top-fl...ls-dozens.html )
, but now that I'm really starting to improve I'm thinking about getting something softer for around the green. It's hard to get away from such a good deal though...

In my Grom:

Driver: MX 560
Irons: Idea a3 3H, 4H, 5H, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW
Wedges: GT Tight Lies Sandwedge, GT Tight Lies LobwedgePutter: White Steel #5

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use whateve i find. haha
What's in my Bag:
Driver-TaylorMade 09 burner 10.5* | 3 wood-TaylorMade 09 burner | 3 hybrid-TaylorMade Rescue 09 | 4-GW-Titliest AP1 710s | 54.08 wedge-Titliest Vokey spin milled | 60.04 wedge-Titliest Vokey spin milled | Putter-Odyssey white hot #7 | Ball - whatever i find

TM TP Black or Nike Tour D

Nike VR S Covert Tour Driver 2.0, 8.5* S
Nike VR S Covert Tour 3-Wood (15*) S
Nike VR Forged Split Cavity (2-5)

Nike VR Forged TW Blades (6-PW)

Titleist Vokey SM4 54* Wedge

Nike VR X3X Wedge 58*

Nike Method Core 1 Putter

Titleist ProV1

"Hakuna Matata - It means no worries..."

Right now, I'm using the Pro-V1x. I have both that and the TP Black in my bag, which I sometimes mix back and forth during any given round. Seem to be hitting my driver perfectly but just not getting the distance that my cousin does. Starting to wonder if it's the ball or my shaft, which might have too much torque. Thinking of doing a slight tip trim and/or changing to a ball with a slightly lower flight, perhaps tad less spin, though I need it around the greens.

In a staff blue  Aerolite III

Razr Hawk 10.5* (BB 63 S)
Orig Steelhead 4W 16.8* (F)
Orig Steelhead 7W 20* (M-10)

JPX-800 Pro 4-pw (XP S300)

MP-T Blk Ni 51.06, MP-T Blk Ni 56.14, MP-T Blk Ni 58.10

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

Anyone know of a low priced ball good around the greens

Try the Top-Flite Gamer V2......they are only $20/dozen and they feel & perform like a Pro V1x

If you look, you may find some that come with an extra sleeve attached (@ Golfsmith).

Callaway Warbirds (cheap), Callaway Tour iX, Nike Mojo, or Bridgestone E5.

Live, Breath, Golf.
My Home
FT-3 8.5* Driver
X22's
2i Hybrid 3i Hybrid 55* Wedge 60* Wedge PutterWhen Tiger puts spin on the ball, the ball does not hit the green and then spin back, the ball hits the green and the world spins forward.

Anything really.
I like noodle+ long and soft balls. They don't get torn and I play well with them

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Nike Juice 312+ or Titleist HP3 Control......Cheap! Nothing worse than spending $100 to play, $20 on food at the turn, $4 a piece for a red bull or gatorade, then losing $4 a piece balls...... Especially when I have a tin cup moment.

:callaway: BB Alpha 815 DBD 10.5* Rogue Silver 60 :callaway: x2hot 3deep 14.5* (TBD) :tmade: RSI UDI 20* RIP Tour 90 :bridgestone: J40CB 4-PW Steelfiber i95 :vokey: SM4 50* KBS Tour V :vokey: SM5 54* KBS 610 :vokey: SM5 58* KBS HI-REV 2.0 MannKrafted Handmade Custom

Top Flite Gamer. Pretty good on the greens, feels good to hit, and PGA Superstore is practically giving them away what with the release of the Gamer V2.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Anything really.

I got a sleeve of these (or the softest, can't remember which) over the weekend and I really like them. Those and the pinnacle gold precision ball are great for cheaper balls. I played top flite's forever because I lost them left and right, but I could tell the difference when I started trying different balls. I didn't like the callaway warbirds, Nike karma's, precept whatever's or slazenger balls. Those noodle's and the pinnacle precision are nice though.

I use Nike ONE tour and tour d

SQ Driver
52*, 56*, 60* Spin Milled Wedges
AP1 Irons 3-9
:Nike: VR 3 Wood
Studio Select Newport 2Ball: :titleist Pro v1/ Pro v1x

I've been using some $5 a dozen Wilson balls. I bought some Top Flight Gamer V2. I've read some great reviews about them. I will be testing them this weekend. Needed a ball upgrade.

I found a Pro V1 last week on the course and played it today. Didn't really care for it. Hurt my distance some and felt like a rock off the clubface. I threw it back in the rough after three holes and left it for some other poor bastard to find.

I have really liked the Callaway Warbirds I've found, and the Bridgestone B330-s. I'll probably start playing the Warbird since I've outgrown my Noodle+.

I found a Pro V1 last week on the course and played it today. Didn't really care for it. Hurt my distance some and felt like a rock off the clubface. I threw it back in the rough after three holes and left it for some other poor bastard to find.

are you ok in the head?

It feels like a rock off the clubface? They're good golf balls it's just they're not worth the money.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

It feels like a rock off the clubface?

It felt pretty stiff to me, and even made a more "cracking" type sound at impact. It was pretty brown though, maybe it was just really old and not good anymore?

It felt pretty stiff to me, and even made a more "cracking" type sound at impact. It was pretty brown though, maybe it was just really old and not good anymore?

pro v's are very soft off the face.

Nice to putt with. you probably got a bad one

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

Note: This thread is 4929 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!