IGNORED

Worst golf course in solar system

Note: This thread is 5003 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I concur. This one is a gem!

Oh, I even left a few details out. The eighth hole is patently impossible: a 225-yard par 3 through a chute that is at most 15 yards wide, with unplayable conditions on either side. The tee boxes on the eleventh hole are so secluded within a tree-filled hillside that grass can't be grown there. The #12 green (a 145-yard par 3) is half-shrouded by trees from the tee. One has to tumble down a weed-infested slope to reach the second fairway from the cartpath, or else go all the way to the green and turn back. There's a single tree on the fifth hole that blocks any pin position on the right side. And my God, the rocks. They didn't pay any concern to the quality of what they trucked in to make the top level of soil on the course. There are small rocks, fist-sized rocks, rocks the size of large breeds of dog, that all lie at a large divot's depth below the surface, scattered randomly throughout the course.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I even left a few details out. The eighth hole is patently impossible: a 225-yard par 3 through a chute that is at most 15 yards wide, with unplayable conditions on either side. The tee boxes on the eleventh hole are so secluded within a tree-filled hillside that grass can't be grown there. The #12 green (a 145-yard par 3) is half-shrouded by trees from the tee. One has to tumble down a weed-infested slope to reach the second fairway from the cartpath, or else go all the way to the green and turn back. There's a single tree on the fifth hole that blocks any pin position on the right side. And my God, the rocks. They didn't pay any concern to the quality of what they trucked in to make the top level of soil on the course. There are small rocks, fist-sized rocks, rocks the size of large breeds of dog, that all lie at a large divot's depth below the surface, scattered randomly throughout the course.

You seem to have "member-knowledge" of the course.

Driver= Titleist 909D3 9.5 deg
3 Wood= Titleist 909F3 15 deg
Hybrid= Adams Idea Pro Black 19 deg
Irons 3-P= Titleist 695 CB
Wedges= Titleist Vokey Spin Mill 54/10, 60/4Putter= Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5Ball= Titleist ProV1x, NXT Tour

Haven't played it myself but I've heard this one is pretty rough:

There has to be a local rule of some sort allowing you to improve your buried lie.

Grom stand bag
SQ 5900 - 9.5*
Burner 15* and 18*
MT 20* Hybrid
CG Gold 4-PW CG14 52.10 SM 56.14 IC 20-10a 34" Putter SDF balls (was on sale)

I played at a place like 20 minutes from my house about three weeks ago and the grass everywhere on the course was burned out(I don't think they have a sprinkler that works on the whole course), their were trees all over the fairways, and they only had one tee marker in their tee boxes. It was rediculous...you could hit a drive right down the middle and have a second or third shot into a bunch of trees.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

I'll go with Nicosia Golf Club. Built by the UN on the old airport, you play over the runways. The "not so fair" fairways are covered in cap rock. The greens aren't, they're browns.

Browns are a mixture of sand and oil. They used to use old sump oil, but due to the environmental issues they've switched to cooking oil. Every time you get close to a brown you get the munchies.

I hit a 500 yard pitching wedge there once. Playing a 150 yard par 3, hit the wedge, coming down just short of the brown (you can't play for the browns - the ball just jumps off). The ball hit a patch of cap rock and bounced 100 yards over the green, hit one of the old runways and just kept going.

Terrible place, but infinitely better than no golf at all.

• 2 weeks later...
Apparently, Blue Heron (the course I skewered earlier in this thread) came under new management over the summer, replaced its greens with Champions Bermuda, and changed its name to Steel Canyon. I'll have to give it another look.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

• 4 weeks later...
I played a course in Seekonk, MA called FireFly that was pretty terrible. They had a real bad problem with geese and I had to power wash my shoes after the round. The layout was weird and the staff seemed disinterested in even being there. Apparently back in the day it was pretty nice (which was why we gave it a try) but now they want to turn half the land into condos so they've let conditions slide.

Of course, I also played my best round ever, so maybe I shouldn't complain too much.

Three lousy shots and one brilliant shot can still make par...

I believe the worst golf course in the universe is on the fourth moon of Jupiter. The worst in my area would be ash hills aka a## hills.

In the Bag:
Driver:Adams Speedline F11 9 degree RIP Gamma 

3 Wood: Adams Fast 10 15 degrees Voodoo shaft
Hybrid: Irons: Mizuno MP59 Sensicore  XStiff

Wedges: Cleveland Gun Metal 52 56 degree

Putter: Rife: Belly Barbados Tropical

Ball: Titliest Pro V 1

Try this one

Atleast if you missed a few short putts there you could always say "I know I 3 putt 3 times but I was being shot at."

In the Bag:
Driver:Adams Speedline F11 9 degree RIP Gamma 

3 Wood: Adams Fast 10 15 degrees Voodoo shaft
Hybrid: Irons: Mizuno MP59 Sensicore  XStiff

Wedges: Cleveland Gun Metal 52 56 degree

Putter: Rife: Belly Barbados Tropical

Ball: Titliest Pro V 1

Many of these courses sound bad but i've got one for you Tussey mountain in State College, PA is really bad no sand traps. badly mowed greens (too long) it really slows your ball down and it's $11 to play which is stupid because of the bad conditions. It's all par 3 and the longest hole is 120 yards, it's a RIP OFF.

big bertha driver
3,5 wood
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 Iron
SQ Sumo2 Hybrid
sand and pitching wedgeputterpro V1 balls burner ballsCallaway Tour Authentic Diablo Staff Bag

Haven't played a course worse than Fernwood CC in McComb, MS. Had to play there several times years ago when I was back in high school and on the golf team. The ground was so hard, I snapped my 3-iron AND my 4-iron on consecutive swings when taking a divot. At one point, I literally had to putt through a small clover patch growing in the middle of the green.

Bag: Lightweight Stand Bag
Driver: G15 9º
Fairway: 909F2 15º
Hybrid: 909H 19º
Irons:  AP2 710Wedges: CG10 56º, Vokey SM 52º, 60ºPutter: Karsten Anser 34"

Haven't played a course worse than Fernwood CC in McComb, MS. Had to play there several times years ago when I was back in high school and on the golf team. The ground was so hard, I snapped my 3-iron AND my 4-iron on consecutive swings when taking a divot. At one point, I literally had to putt through a small clover patch growing in the middle of the green.

ROFL. Dude...I'm in tears.

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
3-Wood: HiBore XLS 15º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
5-Wood: S2 Straightneck 19º (Fujikara Fit-On Max 65 FW Stiff)Irons: HiBore XLi 3-PW (Fujikara Fit-on M Red S Flex)Wedges: CG14 Chrome 56º SW/60º LWPutter: ...

• 5 weeks later...
I once played a converted cow pasture. I mean, literally, it was a cattle ranch with cows on the other side of a fence. The ranch owner had mowed the "fairway" more than the cow pasture and the "green" even more than that. Same grass everywhere. The only thing that disguished it as a "golf course" and not a cow pasture was: (1) flag sticks and (2) the fairly recent absence of cow pies (cow poop, for you city folk).

i think i can 1-up you there.

there's a place about 20 mins from where i live called Hickory Creek. it's about half converted cow pasture, and half cut out of low, swampy woodlands. the cow pasture section is relatively halfway decent, but in the summer you really smell it. there are still horses and cows nearby. in fact, the fourth tee box is directly next to a horse pen, and brother, your nostrils are thoroughly raped on a hot, humid day. i'm trying to think of where to really start with this course... the tee markers are - i'm not kidding - empty foldgers coffee cans. sometimes there will be a matching set of plastic blue bucket-type things, but most of the time, it's coffee cans. the length of the holes really drive me up the wall. the opening hole is a par 4 that's 240 yards long from the tips. the second hole is a 70 yard long par 3. third hole is another 240 yard par 4. the fourth and fifth holes actually resemble golf a bit - a 130 yard par 3 and a 290 yard par 4. then you get a 50 yard par 3, followed by a 450 yard par 5. eight is a 110 yard par 3, and nine is a 270 par 4. the back nine is slightly less ridiculous on yardage, though it does feature two more 450 yard par 5 holes. honestly, i had the notion in my head that a par 5 couldn't be anything less than 500 yards. anyone know if there's an actual rule on that? the back nine, meanwhile, is cut out of the aforementioned low swampy woodland. the grass is almost nonexistant - it's a bunch of muddy bare ground with occasional patches of thin, scraggly grass, and more than a few times have i hit a shot straight up the "fairway" only to see a tremendous splash as the ball lands. i'll walk up and find my ball sitting in a pool of water - not a water hazard, just a pool of casual water - about three or four inches deep. number 11 almost Never has a dry landing area. it doesn't matter what club you hit - your ball will splash or at least be sitting on soggy, muddy turf. it is Not possible to roll a steady, accurate putt on the greens. as soon as your putter contacts the ball, the ball is hopping and richocheting along, maybe in the general direction of the hole, but usually not. the greens are compromised of the same scraggly, worthless grass that you occasionally find in the fairways, when the fairway is something more than just bare ground.

i think i can 1-up you there.

I hope that course is on Golfnow.com because I want a tee time ASAP!

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

• 3 weeks later...
I played "9 holes" at Al Asaad Air Base in Iraq in early 2004. This is when we were still getting rocket an mortar fire. We took the acre surrounding our quarters and built 9 holes, longest was 105 yards that tee'd off under a machine gun tower, over an Iraqi ZU-23, over the BOQ to the "green." Most holes were only 30-50 yds. The greens where small rocks placed in a circle around a bottled water box, filled with sand, with a flag planted in the middle. The goal was to chip it into the box. One club, SW, one ball... played in kevlar and with my 9mm in my leg holster.. it was fun.

Lightweight Cart Bag
Scotty Cameron Putter (several models unfortunately)studio stock 4
AP2 Irons 4-PW
ProV1X Balls
2 and 3 TP Rescue07 Burner TP 9.560, 56, 52 CG 12 WedgesOld man CartSi vis pacem, para bellum

• 2 weeks later...
I played "9 holes" at Al Asaad Air Base in Iraq in early 2004. This is when we were still getting rocket an mortar fire. We took the acre surrounding our quarters and built 9 holes, longest was 105 yards that tee'd off under a machine gun tower, over an Iraqi ZU-23, over the BOQ to the "green." Most holes were only 30-50 yds. The greens where small rocks placed in a circle around a bottled water box, filled with sand, with a flag planted in the middle. The goal was to chip it into the box. One club, SW, one ball... played in kevlar and with my 9mm in my leg holster.. it was fun.

This one gets my vote.

God bless you, sir. Thank you for doing that!

KZG Gemini 9* Aldila Proto By You
Leyland COPlasma 3wd
Golfsmith Q4 19*
Louisville HyLofter 24*
Wishon 770CFEs w/Nippons
Alpha P2 wedges
Louisville EWP putter

Any place operated by American Golf sucks! They suck the profit out and don't reinvest in the course. We have had at least three courses that I know of that were operated by American Golf (Applewood, Arrowhead--beautiful scenery but were ruined by poor maintenance when AG operated for years, and Thorncreek). All three were crowded (7 min spacing to pack it in), and there were a lot of dirt patches in the fairway. Now that some other company has taken over some of these, they have gotten better.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5003 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!