IGNORED

Anyone enjoying the drink tonight?

Danny Noonan
Note: This thread is 1648 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiny (TINY!) sip of douglas fir eau de vie tonight. Yes, pine tree flavored liquor (brandy). It smells and tastes like sucking on a pine cone. The scent is actually amazing, it's as vibrant as if you were walking through a pine forest. The taste? Well, it's got an, er, intriguing flavor. Kind of pleasant at first, but the aftertaste just sort of hurts in a very bitter way. I can't do more than a few teaspoons. About twice a year I get the urge to try a little bit... I can't bring myself to recommend you go find a bottle, but if you happen to find yourself with the opportunity, it's worth having a taste.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Tiny (TINY!) sip of douglas fir eau de vie tonight. Yes, pine tree flavored liquor (brandy). It smells and tastes like sucking on a pine cone. The scent is actually amazing, it's as vibrant as if you were walking through a pine forest. The taste? Well, it's got an, er, intriguing flavor. Kind of pleasant at first, but the aftertaste just sort of hurts in a very bitter way. I can't do more than a few teaspoons. About twice a year I get the urge to try a little bit... I can't bring myself to recommend you go find a bottle, but if you happen to find yourself with the opportunity, it's worth having a taste.

eau de vie des pins? i don't imagine that could be too tasty, i think i'll pass.

• 4 months later...
It's Friday night, so time to revive this thread. Tonight decided it was time for a Sidecar. This is probably because my little post-it note with the carefully determined ideal proportions somehow found its way to my dining room table and has been staring at me during dinner all this week. Not bad, considering it's with bottled lemon juice and the El Cheapo triple sec. Next time I'll buy a lemon and some Cointreau...

Next week will probably be a Pisco sour if I get around to restocking the Pisco and making up some simple syrup. The recipe post-it for that is still prominently stuck to the doorway of the kitchen.

In the bag:

Its been a long day...Rogue IPA

Srixon Z-RW 8.5* Matrix XCON 6
Callaway Steelhead Plus 15* Rifle 7.0
Cleveland Halo Hybrid 19*
MacGrecor Pro-C Forged 3-PW Rife 6.5
Cleveland Wedges 53* 58*YES! Tracy

Guinness.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I'm keepin it real .... Miller High Life Light!

In mymaxfli.gif Tour Stand Bag:
callaway.gifHyper X Tour - 10.5* Driver - Fujikura Fit-On E-360 Stiff Shaft
titleist.gif980F 15* 3wd - Fujikura Speeder Stiff Shaft
callaway.gif FT - 18* Hybrid - Fujikura Fit-On M Stiff Shaft
ping.gifISI-K - 3-pw - Ping Z-z65 Stiff Steel Shaftscleveland.gif588DSG - 56* SW & 60* LWheavyputter.gif B3-M Puttercallaway.gifsrixon.gif, or titleist.gifBalls     

• 1 month later...
Cracked open the bottle of Highland Park 18 that I brought down here for emergencies. Damn that's good.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Cracked open the bottle of Highland Park 18 that I brought down here for emergencies. Damn that's good.

That's one of my all time favourite single malts.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Russel Reserve Bourbon

The real sin is enjoying it less than you could have because you served it the way you're "supposed to" rather than the way you like it.

I usually like bourbon with a bit of ice also. Both for the cold and because the strength gets to me by the end of a glass, so a little dilution with the water makes the whole drink a pleasant experience instead of just the first half or so.

In the bag:

I am breaking out a bottle of Crown Royal Tonight boys!!!

I just got a Call from the HR Dept. of a firm I applied to and got offered a fulltime-fully benefitted job with a signing bonus!!! After working hard for 4.5 years now in college I finally got something to show for it! Time to live the sweetlife (until work ruins that lol)
 Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

Hey, its been awhile since I've lurked around these forums. Glad to see this thread is alive and well.

One bath down, two left to go, if you count me. I'll be knocking back a few Corona Lights tonight on this fine, rainy, Southern California day.

I had a golf lesson yesterday morning with the pro at Tustin Ranch Golf Course, where I'm a member. It was overcast with a slight drizzle, and something dawned on me. I really love being out on the course when it is overcast with drizzle. I don't know why, I just love it.

- DN

- DN
Sun Mountain C-130 Bag - Titanium
Ping G10 Irons PW-5
Ping G10 Driver
Ping G10 21 and 24 HybridsPing G15 17 HybridScotty Newport 2 Button BackTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 52 (8), 56 (14), and 60 (4)Titleist ProV1Backspin Buddy Groove Sharpener (yes, it works great)Adidas 360 Ltd.

• 3 weeks later...

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

For the most part I love single malt scotch and my preferred brand is Glennlivet. I also like bourbon and for years haf been drinking Maker's Mark until a friend recently introduced me to Buffalo Trace. It's as smooth and mellow as Maker's but costs less, so I switched.

I always have beer in the house as well and it's usually Sam Adams Boston Lager or Red Hook ESB.
My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

I tried to educate myself on bourbon and rye while living in the States and they are damn fine drinks. Favorites were Black Maple Hill, Van Winkle, Sazerac and George T. Stagg. Unobtanium down here sadly, so it's back to Scotch.

I'm having some of this, which you should definitely try if you like regular Glenlivet.

Stretch.

I tried to educate myself on bourbon and rye while living in the States and they are damn fine drinks. Favorites were Black Maple Hill, Van Winkle, Sazerac and George T. Stagg. Unobtanium down here sadly, so it's back to Scotch.

For sipping try a rum - not kidding - Appleton 12 yr old is very nice.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 1648 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!