IGNORED

Australian Masters

michaeljames92
Note: This thread is 5060 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well It starts tomorrow with many big names in Aussie golf and from around the world with the inclusion of Tiger for a $3 Million dollar appearance fee. Who are people's tips to take it out?

I have my money on Tiger(obviously) and Michael Sim to have good weeks.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Would be great to see a final group of tiger, ogilvy and Scott. Looking forward to playing at Kingston Heath later on this year.
KGC- edge bag
580 XD 9.5* harrison striper Ti S
// v-steel 15* S//rescue 17* S
710 AP 2 3 ir + 755 4- 9 S//vokey 200 48.06 / 54.14
sm
60.08// studio design 1 4*

Well It starts tomorrow with many big names in Aussie golf and from around the world with the inclusion of Tiger for a $3 Million dollar appearance fee. Who are people's tips to take it out?

$100,000 of money? Cause according to this article:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...ow/5219103.cms , someone's dropped 100k on Tiger winning it all .

The Age was reporting odds as low as $1.03 on tiger winning.
KGC- edge bag
sm

Not sure if Tim Clark is playing,but if he is i think he might have a chance.You can't rule out Peter Senior though.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

The Age was reporting odds as low as $1.03 on tiger winning.

I know it's mostly because every man and his dog are probably betting on Tiger but that's just stupid for a golf tournament. A similar thing happened here when Tiger played the NZ Open back in 2002 along with a similar huge appearance fee and he didn't even contend. And I'll bet there were nowhere near as many big names at the NZ Open as there will be at the Australian Masters.

...with the inclusion of Tiger for a

Sorry, but that's obscene. Put the money in the pot...if he's good enough (no argument there really), surely he should be asked to win it rather than just be given it for showing up?

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The three mil is bothering me too. I could see paying his expenses to get him there. He ought to be willing, at this point in his career, to show up at places like this as an ambassador of golf. He needs to spend a lot of time promoting golf around the world while he is still the undisputed #1.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

Sorry, but that's obscene. Put the money in the pot...if he's good enough (no argument there really), surely he should be asked to win it rather than just be given it for showing up?

Tiger could get 3 Million dollars every day for playing if he wanted it. The money which the STATE GOVERNMENT paid him has been widely recognised as being a great investment. The tournament was sold out a few days after his entry was confirmed. The interest in Tiger, the tournament and the amount of money being spent in Victoria in relation to it is huge.

They are not making the same mistake as they did in NZ a few years bag when a few businessmen tried to cash in and (hopefully) lost money. This was a great investment by the state of Victoria.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

The three mil is bothering me too. I could see paying his expenses to get him there. He ought to be willing, at this point in his career, to show up at places like this as an ambassador of golf.

You're kidding, right? Tiger has no reason to care about being an "ambassador of golf" in a place like Australia, which I assume has a thriving golf economy given that there are several Aussie players on the PGA Tour.

He needs to spend a lot of time promoting golf around the world while he is still the undisputed #1.

Why, exactly, should Tiger bear the brunt of this? Shouldn't "promoting golf" be something sponsored by the PGA, or some other organization?

HiBore 10.5 driver
GT-500 3- and 5-woods
Bazooka JMax 4 Iron Wood
Big Bertha 2008 irons (4 and 5 i-brids, 6i-9i,PW)
Tom Watson 56 SW Two-Ball putter

more of the fans than none should be rooting for tiger, and well, it's of course no surprise.....i'm rooting for mathew goggin, he did pretty good today, hopefully he can keep it up....you never know, the way 2009 has been going with winners, it really can be anyone's tournament

In My Under Armour Links Stand Bag or PING Hoofer Vantage Team Bag :
i15 9.5°, Project X Graphite -7A3 | i15 15.5°, Project X Graphite -8A4 | S57 2 - PW, Project X 6.5 | Tour-W 56.10/60.8 Project X 6.5 | Redwood Black Satin Anser | Titleist Black | Golf Pride Tour Velvet Round Grips With Logo...

Looks like Nitties is in good shape after Day 1 and he was playing behind Woods, hope he can hang on.

By the way, IMG stumped up half the cash for the appearence fee for Woods, they also 'own' the tourney. As an aside I wish we didn't have to pay the money for an appearence fee but he is a free agent and it is clear he wasn't going to arrive off his own steam. Golf in Oz has been anonymous of late and this will hopefully generate some interest in the broader community.
KGC- edge bag
sm

the fact that any of you think tiger "owes" anything to golf or to us is frankly astounding ...

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

RE Tiger
I apparently believe him to be a greater man than some of you do. The more he can do for golf the better shape golf will be in for the next generation. I believe him to be a truly great American, not some self serving athlete. With golf now in the Olympics I expect him do do everything he can for the good of the game.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

Looking beyond the #1 player in the world, the other Villegas brother (that's Manuel) is currently 3 shots off the lead.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Uhhh they are willing to pay it. Should he say 'no, keep it'?

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Tiger could get 3 Million dollars every day for playing if he wanted it. The money which the STATE GOVERNMENT paid him has been widely recognised as being a great investment. The tournament was sold out a few days after his entry was confirmed. The interest in Tiger, the tournament and the amount of money being spent in Victoria in relation to it is huge.

It may well have been a good investment but it doesn't alter the fact that it's obscene.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5060 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!