IGNORED

miura vs. mizuno

Note: This thread is 3832 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by iacas

I'm far and away not the only person here that gets that impression of you (along with a strong anti-Titleist angle).

Dont forget about TM.  Im a Talormade hater too.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I do like Mizuno irons, although I think their newer irons are not as aesthetically pleasing.  Miura irons are beautiful, works of art, but I am terrified to hit them.  It would be like driving a Mercedes 700 series on a test drive and be all worried about scratching it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

No arguement that I prefer Mizunos.  So what?  What most people dont know is that I try everything and my opinions are based upon personal experience, not mere blind brand loyalty.

I believe you and there is nothing wrong with that!  All I said was that most people will not take your opinions as unbaised while reading your post.  It looks like a Mizuno billboard.  That's all.

Show me someone who isnt biased, especially when theyre a golf nut like every person on this forum is.

I'll say this: when people talk about the ultimate in soft irons, they almost always talk about Mizuno.  With Miura, its more about the grinds, that Miura-san does the hand griding himself and that he is one of the, "God hands".

Miuras are nice.  Theyre beautiful clubs and I dont think anyone could ever say they are junk.  I find them to be too firm and clicky though.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Show me someone who isnt biased, especially when theyre a golf nut like every person on this forum is.

I'll say this: when people talk about the ultimate in soft irons, they almost always talk about Mizuno.  With Miura, its more about the grinds, that Miura-san does the hand griding himself and that he is one of the, "God hands".

Miuras are nice.  Theyre beautiful clubs and I dont think anyone could ever say they are junk.  I find them to be too firm and clicky though.

Been on golf forums for 14 years - you're right, in the beginning and middle, there is a bias. In this stage, you see a lot of people with one brand of clubs in the bag except for the putter, or a majority of clubs are one brand, and they vociferously defend their OEM against all those who slander/libel their favored brand.

And then eventually, to some comes so-called enlightenment - a stage where it does not matter to you - it is what works for you that matters, whether it is one brand or many, you don't care what people say about you or your bag, and there is no need to bash another brand. You find some good in every brand, even when reviewing the brand you've formerly dissed.

Only a few attain this yogi status - I'm not one of them, but perhaps, one day...

:-)

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I don't disagree with anything you said.  (I have no opinion on Miura's since I haven't had the pleasure yet)

And I going against my biggest pet peeve here on this forum when I say this ... but I think you are missing my point. (Usually when people say that, I think they really should be saying "you just disagree with me" but in this case I think I'm accurate)

I'm not saying that nobody else is biased.  I'm not even saying that you are more biased than anybody else.  What I am saying is that your avatar/signature give off the perception that you are extremely biased, therefore, your opinions in a Mizuno vs. anything else debate aren't going to hold a lot of water with a lot of people.

• Administrator

<—————

FWIW I define "bias" as favoring something without having legitimate or acceptable reasons. Bias is not necessarily the same as a choice or having a favorite. There's a subtle but important distinction (or else the words would be perfect synonyms and, thus, redundant). Put another way, bias is (to me) favoring something despite facts.

I favor Edel wedges, but my reasoning is that they are about the only wedges out there which have enough bounce for players. I favor TRUE shoes but I believe in the science and research behind minimalist shoes.

And if Miuras are "clicky" to you, I have to wonder if you didn't hit counterfeits or missed the sweet spot every time or something. You'd have a lot easier time making your case if you didn't post so much stuff about Mizuno all the time, including citing their marketing materials constantly and denying the facts regarding forging versus casting. To give you the benefit of the doubt, though, I'll add that your last real instance of that was probably about a year ago, so maybe you've learned or changed or something. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

<—————

FWIW I define "bias" as favoring something without having legitimate or acceptable reasons. Bias is not necessarily the same as a choice or having a favorite. There's a subtle but important distinction (or else the words would be perfect synonyms and, thus, redundant). Put another way, bias is (to me) favoring something despite facts.

I favor Edel wedges, but my reasoning is that they are about the only wedges out there which have enough bounce for players. I favor TRUE shoes but I believe in the science and research behind minimalist shoes.

And if Miuras are "clicky" to you, I have to wonder if you didn't hit counterfeits or missed the sweet spot every time or something. You'd have a lot easier time making your case if you didn't post so much stuff about Mizuno all the time, including citing their marketing materials constantly and denying the facts regarding forging versus casting. To give you the benefit of the doubt, though, I'll add that your last real instance of that was probably about a year ago, so maybe you've learned or changed or something. :)

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.

:-)

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I don't disagree with anything you said.  (I have no opinion on Miura's since I haven't had the pleasure yet)

And I going against my biggest pet peeve here on this forum when I say this ... but I think you are missing my point. (Usually when people say that, I think they really should be saying "you just disagree with me" but in this case I think I'm accurate)

I'm not saying that nobody else is biased.  I'm not even saying that you are more biased than anybody else.  What I am saying is that your avatar/signature give off the perception that you are extremely biased, therefore, your opinions in a Mizuno vs. anything else debate aren't going to hold a lot of water with a lot of people.

I'm thinking I may have to change my equipment description so I will be perceived as an objective, open-minded thoughtful person rather than an ideologue.

1-2 irons -  Wilson (cause they have won more majors than any other club)

3-5 irons - Miura (cause they are forged in the fires of the gods and turn each user into a golf ninja)

6-9 irons - Mizzuno (cause they are the equivalent of hitting a ball with a stick of butter)

PW - Ping (cause who doesn't like the colored dot fitting system)

GW - Edel (cause you can never go wrong with bounce)

SW - Callaway (cause Phil MIckelson has an awesome short game and he may have played them at one time in his life)

Rescue Hybrid - Adams (cause it is what they do best)

3W - Taylormade (cause you can get a new model every year now!)

Driver - Titlest (cause they make the best drivers in the entire world and will never be surpassed)

Putter - Medicus (cause with the overspin putter you can master the universe)

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

Originally Posted by Old1964

I'm thinking I may have to change my equipment description so I will be perceived as an objective, open-minded thoughtful person rather than an ideologue.

1-2 irons -  Wilson (cause they have won more majors than any other club)

3-5 irons - Miura (cause they are forged in the fires of the gods and turn each user into a golf ninja)

6-9 irons - Mizzuno (cause they are the equivalent of hitting a ball with a stick of butter)

PW - Ping (cause who doesn't like the colored dot fitting system)

GW - Edel (cause you can never go wrong with bounce)

SW - Callaway (cause Phil MIckelson has an awesome short game and he may have played them at one time in his life)

Rescue Hybrid - Adams (cause it is what they do best)

3W - Taylormade (cause you can get a new model every year now!)

Driver - Titlest (cause they make the best drivers in the entire world and will never be surpassed)

Putter - Medicus (cause with the overspin putter you can master the universe)

LOL!  Touche.  Although, surprised that you wouldn't want a Hammer driver. ;)

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

LOL!  Touche.  Although, surprised that you wouldn't want a Hammer driver. ;)

I thought about it, but I knew that everyone was so biased that I could never be taken seriously if I preferred Hammer over Titlest - BBBBAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

I would say I'm not biased, since I'd bag 14 different brand clubs if I liked them and hit them well.  I hit Miuras and liked them, but I'm not in the market for irons right now.  When I am, I'll hit all the forged offerings (my specs are not close to standard, and forged are easier to have fitted without waiting) from Mizuno, Scratch, Miura, Cleveland and anyone else's that I can get my hands on and buy what I hit and like the best.

The only reason I have a Mizuno bag and 2 wedges is because they gave them to me for free when I bought my MP57s.

• 3 months later...

here you go miura making clubs for nike still obviously if Watneys set is stamped with the infamous 'M' logo...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Miura-Forged-Vr-Pro-Combo-Raw-Tour-Issue-Made-for-Nick-Watney-3-PW-Heads-/200921239036?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash;=item2ec7d6cdfc

I feel I'm as unbiased as I can be in the golf world. I build clubs for a living and dont get payed to walk to course yet so I meerely play what works for me. My current set up is

Titleist 910 w/RIP Alpha

Callaway Razr Fit 15 w/Axivcore

Mizzy MP650 19 hybrid w/RIP alpha

Adams Idea MB2 w/KBS x 4-P

SCOR 52 and 58 with KBS x

Scratch 53 ds bent to 55 with KBS x

Low Tide Custom Fin/Odyssey 2ball Backstryke/TaylorMade Monza Corza

3up 3F12

I literally spent months hitting different head and shaft combos and building clubs for people. The biggest thing to any forged club is getting the swing weight right for you, if thats not right the club will feel like a turd. I based my decison on the Adams over more Mizzies, over Miura and over Vega on feel, feedback and numbers. I was putting about 8,000 rpms on the ball with the PW from most makers out there and thats the rate i got from the Adams 8i. I play to a +1 cap and will be turning pro in GA next season and there for I am hitting into REALLY hard and fast greens. I need the ball to stop for me and the Adams gave me more of that than any other head.

miura is nice as well as vega, mizzy, scratch, kzg, titleist, cobra ... the list goes on. Don't get fixated on a product before you have tested it as you may find something that works better.

ZiA

• Upvote 1

Titleist 910 D2 10.5 Aldila RIP Phenom

Callaway RAZR fit 3 wood Avixcore 69 series

Mizuno MP650 19* hybrid

Scratch SB-1 DS 4-PW R+ C-Taper

Scratch 1018 DS 53 & 60

Low Tide Fin 

3UP 3F12

• 4 months later...

I have been on the range with Taylormade TP MB, Mizuno 68, Titleist MB, Miura Lefty blade all at the same time. I'll rank what I thought of them all out of 10.

Miura 10/10

Taylormade 9/10

Mizuno 7/10

Titleist 5/10

I am 5 handicap, tall, big hitter and I was hitting with Aus PGA Senior Pro and Aus senior long drive champ Gary Tozier.

Note: This thread is 3832 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!