IGNORED

What was your widest gap for 1st and 2nd nine ?

kevin.chan
Note: This thread is 4254 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Mine was 13 .

Shot 45 at the front and 32 at the back .

Yesterday , have a similar round, the gap was 11 this time where i shot 48 at the front ( brutal cold & strong wind ) and 37 at the back .
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

Yesterday I shot +4 front and +14 back.

A bad case of the hooks cost me a a few penalties and putting was woeful. On the 15th green I came very close to throwing my putter. (My back nine also included a birdie on the 16th..............)

Driver - RAM FX V
3 Wood - Callaway Steelhead Hybrid - Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21 degree
Irons - Titleist DCI 4-PW
Wedges - Cleveland CG10, 52, 56, 60 degree
Putter - Rife Antigua

Mine would have to have been last Saturday when I had to pick up on several holes on the front and had several pars on the back.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

50 on the front
32 on the back

I did this in a varsity highschool match in 10th grade. We had a rule on our team that anybody who shot a 50 got humiliated by the captains the next week in school. This usually had more to do with wardrobe than anything else. I ended up with super tight bell bottoms, a t-shirt made for a 5 year-old girl, super slicked hair and some sort of girl's handbag (instead of my usual backpack). There was likely more but I don't recall.

I lipped out an 8 footer for my 49 on the front. After that I was super mad at myself and quit trying to play conservative. I started pulling driver on every hole and shooting at every flagstick. I attempted to knock every put about 4' past the hole as well. Wouldn't you know it, I started hitting fairways, knocking down pins and nailing puts. My -4 effort on the back didn't help my appeal that I shouldn't be subject to the McGarret rule (that's what we called the above "hazing" process) but it did give me my confidence back for the next match.

Myself and another guy who shot 50 that day (ironically on the back nine) were the last guys ever to be subject to the "McGarret". The next year the school decided that it was a "bully tactic" and made us quit doing it. So much for a 60+ year tradition for my highschool golf team.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

65 on the back, 49 on the front.

I pull off numbers like this alot (not to this extreme) when we start on the back. The back 9 has always given me much more trouble and playing it without being warmed up can start the day off on a bad note.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I once shot a 32 on the front and 47 on the back.. i never wanted to play golf again after that round.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I shot a 40 on the front and an early celebration lead to a 59 on the back lol. It was a rather embarrassing day.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

48 front and 30 on the back. i was so upset with my front nine performance i figured i needed to just get over what i did wrong and concentrate on hitting fairways and greens. that's about the biggest gap i've had
In My Under Armour Links Stand Bag or PING Hoofer Vantage Team Bag :
i15 9.5°, Project X Graphite -7A3 | i15 15.5°, Project X Graphite -8A4 | S57 2 - PW, Project X 6.5 | Tour-W 56.10/60.8 Project X 6.5 | Redwood Black Satin Anser | Titleist Black | Golf Pride Tour Velvet Round Grips With Logo...

I think my brother did something like 50, 31, or 32.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

A few months ago, I shot 51 on the front and 36 on the back. Mr. Hyde and Dr. Jekyll round.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I shot a 13 over front nine. 49
And a 1 over back nine 37.

The back nine is so easy.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I was in my Conference tournament in high school and on the first nine I shot 46 and the event was even on my home course. It was high and above my worst round of the year. The best part was the girl that would even be close to having a chance to beat me shot 45. I remember walking past her when her coach said to her "You just shoot the same round and you've got her. She's not going to get better."

I went out the next round to shoot 36, one under, and she shot the same. Wonder what she said to her coach after that?

2004 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion
2005 Northern Iowa Player Of The Year
2006 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion
2007 Iowa Co-Ed Golf State Champion
2007 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion2008 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion2009 College Division Iowa Junior Tour...

I shot an 86, shot 50 on the front, mate said I needed a miracle back 9 and I shot 36

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

Last week I shot 46/58. Strange how everything feels effortless when its going well, then all of a sudden everything goes to hell...

In my C-130 bag:

Driver: G10 10.5*
3 Wood: Burner
Irons: G10 steel AWT shafts, silver dot, +1" (3-SW)Wedge: cg12 58*Putters: Squareback 2, California Coronado Low score (18 holes): 90Low score (9 holes): 42

Note: This thread is 4254 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!