IGNORED

Hit by a Golf Ball?

Golf_Gal
Note: This thread is 1774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has anyone been hit by a golf ball?

I have and hopefully it'll be my first and last time! The BF and I were playing at Eaton Canyon and we're on hole #9, the last hole since its a 9 hole course, and we're halfway up the fairway when I'm just barely in the rough preparing to hit my ball up, and I'm usually in my zone when I play so I just block everything out, and then all of a sudden something pinches me and I got hit dead square in the back on my right shoulder. OUCH! It stung for a little bit. And it bounced off of me and then onto the ground, lol, but it wasn't fun. It was from a guy that was teeing off. And he felt sooo bad...but anyways...hopefully that'll be the LAST time I get hit. I don't remember if he yelled fore or not, but I was just focused on hitting my ball

Why do they yell FORE? Just curious

ive been hit into plenty of times... never been actually hit tho... and 9x outta 10 there was no warning... no fore or anything... just the thump of the ball really close by...
at least with a fore i could prepare for some pain
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Saw a guy get hit once. Buddy #1 ran to the top of a hill to spot the green direction for Buddy #2, after spotting, Buddy #1 moved approx 20 yards right... bad mistake, Buddy #2 let loose a 3w and caught Buddy #1 in the back left thigh, right below his gluteous maximus. This of course put him immediately down on the ground... next day his leg was black and blue and very ugly. Needless to say he never did that again.
BTW from Wikipedia "From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

The tough rubber core of a golf ball makes it a hazard to others following a wayward shot, despite its weight not exceeding 45.93g"Foré!" is shouted as a warning during a golf game when it appears possible that a golf ball may hit other players or spectators. The mention of the term in an 1881 British Golf Museum indicates that the term was in use at least as early as that period. [1] The term means "look ahead", and it is believed to come from the military "beware before", which was shouted when a battery fired behind friendly troops.

In MY bag...
IRONS X-Forged
WEDGE X-Tour 52*, 56*, & 60*
DRIVER Big Bertha 454 Titanium
WOODS FTI 3W, Big Bertha 5WPUTTER Itsy Bitsy Spider BALL Pro V1x

Saw a guy get hit once. Buddy #1 ran to the top of a hill to spot the green direction for Buddy #2, after spotting, Buddy #1 moved approx 20 yards right... bad mistake, Buddy #2 let loose a 3w and caught Buddy #1 in the back left thigh, right below his gluteous maximus. This of course put him immediately down on the ground... next day his leg was black and blue and very ugly. Needless to say he never did that again.

OUCH! And here I thought my injury was bad...yikes!!! I've heard stories of people actually dying from getting hit by a driver shot, not good!!

Back when i first started i managed to hit myself. I sliced a ball bad into a tree line and lost the ball from my sight. As i stood there looking stupid i heard someone yell look out looked up and the ball came down and hit me in the hand. Felt pretty dumb for that one

Titleist 14 way stand bag
Driver: Titleist 910 D3
3wood: Titleist 910f
hybrid: Ping I20
4-Gw: Ping I20

56 Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM4

60 Wedge: Cleveland CG10

Putter: Scotty Cameron California Fastback

Back when i first started i managed to hit myself. I sliced a ball bad into a tree line and lost the ball from my sight. As i stood there looking stupid i heard someone yell look out looked up and the ball came down and hit me in the hand. Felt pretty dumb for that one

I'm sorry, I just had to giggle

I've been hit by not paying attention to my surroundings when I first started out. I was walking off to the right looking for my ball and a friend set up to hit his ball behind me. I thought I was safe due to the angle I was walking. Stupid mistake. I was about 50 yards ahead of him and he hit a middle iron, shanking it to the right, hard right. He yelled out my name (we were all new) so I turned only my head around to look back. I noticed the ball coming at me at waist level and I had just enough time to brace for impact before it hit me dead center in the right butt cheek. It hurt but, to my surprise, didn't leave a lasting mark. He now knows to call out the proper word because it could've been ball to face contact.

In my Revolver:

Driver: Burner 09 9.5
3-wood: G15 3-Wood
Hybrid: G15 4-HybridIrons: G15 Irons 5-PW+UW+LWPutter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

Back in the 1960s, I caddied at two very narrow country clubs. I got hit several times, the worst being a line drive to the right side when a guy in the next fairway snap-hooked a low liner. Snap hooks are very dangerous, because they tend to dive back low to where the people are.

(Once upon a time, there were NO electric golf carts, and all players had to walk.)

Towards the end of high school, I developed the ability to hear inbound golfballs humming on the wind. The wind and air coming off the dimples make a distinctive sound. It was almost like my own personal radar - I wasn't actively listening - but the hum always got my attention.

If someone yells "Fore!" probably the best thing to do is crouch and cover your head with your arms.

Hope you develop a good radar ear!

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not me, but my son got plunked square on the top of his head last summer. We were playing at a local CC, pretty tight course, the green we were on was about 200 yards ahead of the next holes tee box. However, there is a line of pines running between the two holes. He was standing on the front edge of the green when i heard a thud, he reached for his head immediately, was fine for a few seconds, then just went to his knees. Very scary moment, he was ok, just a huge knot on his head. The guy must have apologized 5 more times during the rest of the round, everytime we came close to them. We never found the guys' ball, I know he must have thought we took it, but we even looked for it as well.

Driver: TaylorMade r7 460 / 11.5 degrees
Irons: Titleist 822 OS (4, 5, 6)  Titleist 962 (7, 8, 9, P, G)
Putter: Tear Drop
Ball: Precept Laddie
Wedges: Golfsmith Snake Eyes 56 degrees / 60 degrees

18 Hole Low:  67   /  9 Hole Low:  31

I was playing in a scramble tournament for the business school guys and the group behind us hit into us. They yelled "fore" just before the ball struck my buddy right in the collar bone. He would have been better off had they not said anything because his reaction was what got him clocked.
In mySasquatch bag:
07 Burner 9.5°
Hibore XLS 3 & 5 woods
735 CM 4-pw
52°, 56°, 60° G2i Craz-e C

I was playing over at the Kaneohe Klipper course about a year back and got hit by a ball. I was on my second shot on a par 5 so i pulled out my 3 wood and sized up where i wanted to set up my approach shot. I took aim and let one rip and the ball cut sharp into a palm tree about 30 yards to the right. It bounced off the palm tree and as fast as I hit the ball, it started coming straight right back at me waist high. My mind presented me with two options, duck or jump. And at the very last moment, i tried to jump and it me square in the thigh leaving me with a nice bruise. Does that count? :)

Taylormade BSF 2.0 9.5° Driver

2011 Burner 3 Wood

2007 Burner TP 5 Wood
Taylormade Burner Superfast 2.0 Irons
09 Spin Milled Vokeys- 46°, 52°, 58° Wedges CG-14 60° Wedge Odyssey Black Series i #1 Putter

Never been hit by a golf ball, yet... A few close calls though. If someone hits me with a ball and never said FORE, its all over haha.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

Don't feel bad! I hit myself in the foot when I topped a ball with my hybrid and it bounced off a tree. I laughed so hard I teared but felt pretty dumb about it.

Driver: Taylor Made Burner 10.5 Reg shaft
FW: Taylor Made 3 Wood
Hybrid: Taylor Made 3
Irons: Ping G10
Putter: Odyssey TourSite: http://thegolfstudent.com

I was playing over at the Kaneohe Klipper course ............

Ever play NAGORSKI?? Can't call the hole, but a par4, dog-leg left, green was blind UP HILL!! A short par 3 next to it coming back down. I sliced a shot just as a cart came over the top of the hill off tee box...Man, what a mess! Caught that Sailor in the left cheek. He wouldnt allow me to drive him to the hosp. cuz..."You'll probably wreck and kill me"!!!

lived on a golf course for 8 years...got at least two balls in the back yard every day and about every 6 months a window would get blown out...but the only one to ever get hit was the dog!

If u ever buy on a course be sure u know where the tee is!!

I've been hit in the face once. Right between the eyebrows above the bridge of the nose.
In My Bag (upgrading soon hopefully)

Driver: TiSI 10°
Irons: ISI Black Dot 3-PW (minus lost 5i)
Putter G5i Piper JMAX Milled Wedge 52°Ball: Whatever I Can Find

Note: This thread is 1774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!