IGNORED

Official Tiger Car Crash/Infidelity Thread

groovezilla79
Note:Β This thread is 5051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

You always have the right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. I'm sure Tiger and many other people knew that before the "news" reported it.

That's not the point I raised so let me make myself clear. I raised the point of "turning away the Florida Highway Patrol" without an interview. So the question is not around pleading the 5th Amendment it's about

not being interviewed at all. Sure, many/most people know about pleading the 5th - - that they know Florida law and know that they can completely decline an interview request with the highway patrol at all (thus not needing to exercise the 5th amendment)? That a big no.

Driver: G10 9.5*
Fairway Woods: 3 & 5
Hybrid: 21*
Irons: I10 4 - 9
Wedges: 48* + Spin-Milled 54 & 60*Putter: Rossa FontanaBall: B330-RX

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not the point I raise so let me make myself clear. I raised the point of "turning away the Florida Highway Patrol" without an interview. So the question is not around pleading the 5th Amendment it's about

You don't HAVE to talk to police, anywhere. It's not something special to Florida. It's something special to America.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

That's not the point I raised so let me make myself clear. I raised the point of "turning away the Florida Highway Patrol" without an interview. So the question is not around pleading the 5th Amendment it's about

Most situations you don't ever have to talk to police. It's not even about pleading the 5th. He's not under arrest and they're not investigating an arrest, so he doesn't have to say anything to cops. He could, but he's not required by law to do so. The FHP is apparently trying to decide if domestic violence were involved. They're trying to get Tiger's records to see if his injuries were consistent with the crash he got into. (Sorry if someone already posted this.) I guess then Tiger might have to talk then. I'm not sure though.

It kind of sucks that he won't be playing in his final tournament. It makes sense though. He's injured and has to handle some other stuff, I'm sure.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

I guess I'm still not following...

By turning away the Florida Highway Patrol for interview, Tiger essentially took advantage of his 5th Amendment right to remain silent. In my book declining a police interview is the same as using his right to remain silent.
Most situations you don't ever have to talk to police. It's not even about pleading the 5th. He's not under arrest and they're not investigating an arrest, so he doesn't have to say anything to cops. He could, but he's not required by law to do so.

The 5th Amendment right would apply when talking to Police or in this case being "interviewed." Not necessarily ONLY when being arrested.

• Administrator
That a big no.

Just because you didn't know about something doesn't mean other people don't.

You're now speculating on what Tiger knows or doesn't know. As I said earlier, no more speculating.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The longer he doesn't talk, the worse it's going to be for him. We've speculated that

Why is that?

Let me imagine what my top concerns would be if I was Tiger Woods: 1.) my marriage 1a.) my children 2.) How's mom doing right now? 2.) Ow - my head! 3.) How's my car 4.) Which club did Elin use - probably gotta get that into the shop 5.) How are my neighbours doing - I hope their lives aren't too disrupted . . . 1 043.) What are those interweb golf nerds speculating?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Administrator
If he didn't do anything wrong, then why not talk??!?! Right....

You seem to have missed the entire discussion about "why not talk." Go back through the thread and watch the YouTube video.

The simple answer: because it does him no good to talk. Not legally, anyway, and even if it'd be a win for PR (that's debatable), legal > PR.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Wrong? You want him to talk because you want to know what happened - you're curious - it's human nature. He's human too - he wants to protect his family from gawkers and traffic accident rubberneckers.

Why doesn't Jessica Biel wear even more revealing clothing on the red carpet - I'm pretty sure she has nothing to hide.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

the longer he doesnt talk, the more this will go away. if he talks, itll be a frenzy. if he doesnt talk, eventually people will go away and only the die hards (losers) like us will be discussing this until next season. think about it, whos going to stick around windemere all winter while tiger takes time off until the masters? itll be mostly blown over by then.

Colin P.

Most situations you don't ever have to talk to police. It's not even about pleading the 5th. He's not under arrest and they're not investigating an arrest, so he doesn't have to say anything to cops. He could, but he's not required by law to do so. The FHP is apparently trying to decide if domestic violence were involved. They're trying to get Tiger's records to see if his injuries were consistent with the crash he got into. (Sorry if someone already posted this.) I guess then Tiger might have to talk then. I'm not sure though.

Correct, he's not under arrest. But we were talking about the "average Joe." Average Joe declines to be interviewed, the cops then arrest him on suspicion of driving impaired and THEN he has his chance to used the 5th as he WILL be interviewed.

It is mere speculation to whether the cops going down the domestic violence angle or not. ESPN reported today that the police supposedly want medical records including prescribed medications. Perhaps, if they find that Woods was being actively prescribed medications that shouldn't be used while driving, that arrest might still come. On ESPN's forum, people are wondering whether he might be hooked on pain medication related to his leg injury, speculating that it wasn't merely grit getting him through that U.S. Open. Certainly he wouldn't be the first or last athlete/celebrity to get hooked on pain pills.

Because he doesn't have to. He's not a politician or a public servant so he doesn't have to answer anything for the public. This is a PRIVATE matter, and people need to learn to respect that once and for all.

Correct, he's not under arrest. But we were talking about the "average Joe." Average Joe declines to be interviewed, the cops then arrest him on suspicion of driving impaired and THEN he has his chance to used the 5th as he WILL be interviewed.

I know I'm going out into left field here, but in every single Law and Order episode I'm ever watched, there is always an "average joe" that shuts his/her front door in the detective's face. Always. And he/she would be COMPLETELY within their rights to do so. The only way the police can force an interview to happen is by detaining the suspect (ie. arrest), and even then the suspect doesn't have to say a word.

I know I'm going out into left field here, but in every single Law and Order episode I'm ever watched, there is always an "average joe" that shuts his/her front door in the detective's face. Always. And he/she would be COMPLETELY within their rights to do so. The only way the police can force an interview to happen is by detaining the suspect (ie. arrest), and even then the suspect doesn't have to say a word.

Well, I'm not knowledgeable about the law or Law and Order episodes, but the Florida Highway Patrol stated (as reported on ESPN) that it was highly unusual for their interviews to be declined. So, if they are lying I sure haven't heard the 'talking heads' say so. If they are telling the truth, then we should be able to put this 'average Joe' angle to bed.

. . .we should be able to put this 'average Joe' angle to bed.

I'm not sure who Joe is, but I read somewhere that Tiger's not even his real name and that his wife is a Viking - he might be a spy - hell, he might even be on steroids (although his head seems way too small for a steroid user).

the longer he doesnt talk, the more this will go away. if he talks, itll be a frenzy. if he doesnt talk, eventually people will go away and only the die hards (losers) like us will be discussing this until next season. think about it, whos going to stick around windemere all winter while tiger takes time off until the masters? itll be mostly blown over by then.

I have a different take on this. My opinion is

if he were to have come clean before now (and that's if there is anything to come clean about ) it would go away sooner rather than later. I'm certainly not saying he should, however.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I have a different take on this. My opinion is

yeah, i thought of that too, but the explosion would be far greater than tiger wants. he just wants this to go away, its not going to (either he faces it now or he faces it next year - prolly torrey pines in january) but thats what he wants. if he stays quiet then things may settle down and he can have a private second half of december (i give it 2 weeks before it settles down).

Colin P.

Like Tiger knew he didn't have to talk to the Florida Highway Patrol before his lawyers telling him that fact. Or that most of you guys knew that as well before hearing it on the news. Right. Tiger must have studied that in Stanford.

Actually, I did know the law on this. Then again, I'm a "conspiracy nut" who thinks the international banking cartel is marching us all towards a tyrannical dictatorship so I'm pretty aware of my (diminishing) civil liberties.

Note:Β This thread is 5051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!