IGNORED

Official Tiger Car Crash/Infidelity Thread

groovezilla79
Note: This thread is 5052 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Let's just get this straight first; I am not a Tiger Woods fan. I'm never liked the guy or his image, and if you look back at any Tiger Woods discussion on here I'm (almost) always in the "burn him at the stake" camp.

lets be serious now. I mean come on. Its plainly obvious that he did it and is admitting doing it without throwing out names or flat out saying it. If he didnt do it hed completely deny it just like he denied elin beating his ass.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the key word in his statement is "transgressions" (an act of transgressing; violation of a law, command, etc.; sin). Basically, it means that he went outside the boundaries of his family. I think his family is fairly accustomed to a media storm....

Im sure that Tiger's management group will be having a fit over this Tiger infidelity incident- although Im not surprised, the temptation to be unfaithful must be almost irresistible for someone in Tiger's position who probably has countless offers every time he plays in a golf event or goes anywhere....

Hope the pre nuptual agreement stands up in court as sometimes they are invalid due to unfairness....I knew there was something wrong with Tiger this year, he's been playing away from home and Elin has been breaking his ballons over it...this is what happens when you re a billionaire golf star with too much time on your hands with a wonky knee...

Tiger spends a lot of money on keeping his life private and I can understand why...one little incident and the wolves pounce-got to feel sorry for the fellow.

Someone in Tiger's position who probably has 10 of everything must be allowed to have more than 1 wife in a lifetime....

This is just another nail in Tiger's coffin and could have serious repurcussions for him in terms of endorsements and public image-of course he won't degenerate like Mike Tyson but I think TW could be on a downward spiral.

Let's just get this straight first; I am not a Tiger Woods fan. I'm never liked the guy or his image, and if you look back at any Tiger Woods discussion on here I'm (almost) always in the "burn him at the stake" camp.

I don't mean to offend you, but for Tigers sake I hope his wife is as blind to the truth as you seem to be.

lets be serious now. I mean come on. Its plainly obvious that he did it and is admitting doing it without throwing out names or flat out saying it. If he didnt do it hed completely deny it just like he denied elin beating his ass.

No, not at all. He wouldn't "outright deny" anything. His response is and always has been "it's none of your business" and that's it. He did it here just like he did a few days ago.

He wrote it... (or approved it, you know what I mean).

As anyone ever told a lie? I mean, as far as we know, he could be sitting at his computer right now, reading this and just laughing his butt off. He is just trying to fool the media as far as I'm concerned.

Besides, where did this last girl came out of? Firt it was Rachel, and then it was this Jaimee??? They might as well be 2 " 'round the corner girls " who got paid just to mess Tiger's good image.

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

It doesn't sound like him.?

OK, it sounds like him.

Technically he apologized for his "transgressions" which technically means a violation of the law which could mean for the car crash that just got him a ticket and four points on his license which was a violation of the law. Apologizing for the crash and apologizing for violating the law are two different things. If one is an accident then it's not a violation of the law. Anyway, it does look like he cheated... Just saying that it's not like the guy has a John Daly record here. Until he comes out and says "I had an affair with..." maybe we can not jump to conclusions yet?

I think his family is fairly accustomed to a media storm....

The entire intrigue of this situation is that this stuff never happens to Tiger Woods because he protects himself and his family from this type of "media storm". He always seemed immune to it because he did just a great job at keeping everything private off of the course.

He screwed up, literally. Hope it doesn't affect his career too much. As Erik, I'm 99% a fan of his game. What he does on his free time doesn't really bother me, but I'll have to agree that I dislike this situation.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Technically he apologized for his "transgressions" which technically means a violation of the law which could mean for the car crash that just got him a ticket and four points on his license which was a violation of the law. Apologizing for the crash and apologizing for violating the law are two different things. If one is an accident then it's not a violation of the law.

I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves.

Transgressions toward his family....not the law. Violation of law in the definition is not reserved for legislated law. Could be used as Violation of self governance.

Transgress - 1 : to go beyond limits set or prescribed by : violate 2 : to pass beyond or go over (a limit or boundary) He's apologizing for going beyond the boundaries of his family and his values.

Here's the voice mail message Tiger supposedly left:

Doesn't sound like him? For heaven's sake. Are you deaf? It sounds EXACTLY like him. Because it obviously IS him.

Listen to the way he says "number" and "for me".

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

He is a living legend when it comes to his golfing attributes and accomplishments, and to that end his "transgression(s)" should hold no bearing on how he's viewed years removed, as long as he rights the ship within himself and his family. IMO.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Too bad I can't see that in my country :K

Either way, there are lots of software that enable the everyday guy (with too much time in his hands) to make that voice mail message. It could turn out to be that his aleged mistress made that up with the help of some geek

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

This is upsetting to me because Tiger was one of the few public sports figures you could feel good about setting up as a role model. He broke a lot of barriers in sports as well as in life in this counrty and around the world. He was able to do so not only because of his skill, but also because of his character and the good choices he's made in his life. These transgressions don't negate what he's done, but they tarnish that image.

The truth is I doubt any of us could withstand the sheer amount of temptation Tiger has had to face in life and remain faithful to the image he created. That should go a long way in helping to understand what's happened. I imagine that Tiger wanted on a subconscious level to be caught. Who in their right mind in his position would leave such a visable trail of his transgressions? We are all slaves in some measure to our desires and sometimes those desires can take over our lives. Obviously that happened to Tiger. With it now out in the open he's able to confront it finally and perhaps overcome it and regain the trust and respect of first his family and then us his fans. In my opinion his stepping forward and coming clean publicly was a necessary part of that process. Hopefully he sees that. Not for his or our sakes but for the sake of his family...

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

My take is that yeah, that is probably him because if not, he would be more specific about denying it. But do I care? Not a whit about Tiger. The woman is complete slime, though, so I guess I think it's too bad he couldn't see that earlier.

Whether there was infidelity or not, and whether it's even a problem, is something between Tiger and his wife and is none of my or your business whatsoever. If you disagree with his choices, great for you. The only thing that bothers me is that the media, the slimy money-grubbing bottom-feeding woman with the voicemail, and the moron public who feel they have a right to know forced a private issue into a humiliating public event.

I do think it's funny that, in the face of the statistics, people are somehow shocked that this "role model" has let them down. Face it, MOST of us will cheat on a partner at some point. That is clear from every study ever done on the subject. Stop being surprised by it. And don't say "not me," because I won't believe you...

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I do think it's funny that, in the face of the statistics, people are somehow shocked that this "role model" has let them down. Face it, MOST of us will cheat on a partner at some point. That is clear from every study ever done on the subject. Stop being surprised by it. And don't say "not me," because I won't believe you...

If you are going to say that back it up with the studies.

And I will say "not me". If i was that unhappy I would leave before I disgraced the mother of my kids.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

My take is that yeah, that is probably him because if not, he would be more specific about denying it. But do I care? Not a whit about Tiger. The woman is complete slime, though, so I guess I think it's too bad he couldn't see that earlier.

There's a difference between thinking about cheating and actually doing it. There's an even bigger difference to actually cheat, after you're married.

I don't know what kind of slimeballs you call friends, but most of the guys I know who stood up in front of friends and family and promised to love and honour their wife - til death do us part - actually take that sh** pretty seriously. Just my 2.00 cents. But then again, they're probably not given as many opportunities to cheat as the average celebrity.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 5052 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!