IGNORED

Your 2010 Golf Goals Official Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 4891 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Under a 30 handicap.

Learning a whole new swing (bought the SnT book 3? weeks ago) affected this; but it's definitely getting there. Also, my goal of playing as many "new" courses hinders this due to not knowing some of the lies/holes/etc. hurts; but I tend to not shoot that well anyways.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Break 80
2. Keep rounds below 90
3. play lots before I have to go to college

In the bag: I'm not a complete nike fanboy.. I just happened to pull some strings and get fitted at the oven
Driver| SQ Machspeed 8.5
Fairway Woods|3,5| SQ Machspeed fairway woods
Hybrids |3,4 iron| SQ Machspeed hybrid
Irons|PW-5| Split Cavity Forged IronWedges| 54 bent to 53 and 58...

It's not a lofty goal, I know, but I hope to start playing around 50 consistently on my local 9 hole course. A little tougher for me than it sounds....

The club selection of a true hacker:

Driver: Nike Dymo2 SQ
3 and 5 Wood: Nike Dymo2 SQ
Irons: Adams Idea Tech OS Hybrid Irons (5-PW)
Wedges: Maxfli 56* and 60*
Putter: Odyssey White Ice #1 in Copper

My goal this year is to break par at my local course. My best score there so far this year is +2 with 7 of 9 greens hit. The course is a par 32 executive length.

Whats in my Nike Xtreme Stand Bag:
Driver-Nike SQ SUMO 5000 10.5* w/ SQ Diamana R Flex
Fairway-Nike SQ DYMO 19*w/ UST Wide Body R Flex
Irons- Nike SQ SUMO 4-P w/ True Temper SpeedStep SuperLite R flex
Wedges- Adams Golf Tom Watson Classic Grind 52.08, 56.12, 60.08 w/ Adams Golf TW Wdg FlexPutter-...

I’ve already met my first goal for this year, get my rear end back out there and play. After playing religiously for 10+ years I’ve been away from the game for the last seven. I’ve gotten at least one round in a week since April and spent quite a bit of time at the range but I still need a lot more to shake off all the inconsistencies.

My goal now is to try and get my game to resemble what it was before the long layoff …which is going to happen (or at least I keep telling myself that)

Professional lessons and consistently in the 70's

What's in my Sasquatch II bag:
Driver 8.5* Victory Red Str8-Fit with VooDoo Stiff
3 Wood Speedline Fast 10 with Matrix Stiff
4 Wood Victory Red Str8-Fit with VooDoo Stiff
Irons Forged Pro Combo Tour 3-PWWedge 54*10 Vokey SMWedge 60*04 Vokey SMPutter 2.6 SS NewportBall Prov1x

I have big goals. I am a freshman in high school trying to make the high school golf team. I have been working really hard this summer with the local golf club manager to improve my skills. However I inherited my dad's(who is not much of a golfer) Top Elite clubs. I play golf with a bunch of guys who play with the best equipment. I know I am new to the sport, but I am in love with the game of golf. I know this is unconventional, but I am looking for someone in the local DFW area that loves golf as much as I do and would like to see a young man succeed by sponsoring me with better golf equipment. I am a straight A student, I am in band which I have several awards for, I recieved the Principal's Award 2009/2010 school year and I am a good kid with good morals and values. I come from a christian home but my parents are middle class and have the expense of my trombone lessons and instrument. If anyone is willing to "Sponsor" me and get me set up with better equipment I would greatly appreciate it. Just reply to my thread. Thank you in advance.

I have big goals. I am a freshman in high school trying to make the high school golf team. I have been working really hard this summer with the local golf club manager to improve my skills. However I inherited my dad's(who is not much of a golfer) Top Elite clubs. I play golf with a bunch of guys who play with the best equipment. I know I am new to the sport, but I am in love with the game of golf. I know this is unconventional, but I am looking for someone in the local DFW area that loves golf as much as I do and would like to see a young man succeed by sponsoring me with better golf equipment. I am a straight A student, I am in band which I have several awards for, I recieved the Principal's Award 2009/2010 school year and I am a good kid with good morals and values. I come from a christian home but my parents are middle class and have the expense of my trombone lessons and instrument. If anyone is willing to "Sponsor" me and get me set up with better equipment I would greatly appreciate it. Just reply to my thread. Thank you in advance.

I have Burner Bubble driver and a WarBird 3 wood you can have. I live in Colorado, so need to send it to you. PM me your adduced.

Happy Gilmore was a Hack!

Have accomplished all my goals I set out for myself this year. Just going to continue to enjoy this wonderful game the rest of the year till I set new goals. I will take the rest of my lessons though

Get fitted for new irons. check
Break 100 check
Break 90 check
Have Fun!!! check
Less time at the range more time playing. check
Continue taking lessons. check. still have 4 more lessons left. havnt taken one in a few months

- More consistent contact with my irons
- Break 80
- Consistently break 80

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Shanker
1. Break 100 - CHECK
2. Break 95 - CHECK
3. Consistent ball striking, pre-shot routine...stop trying to smash the ball
4. Short game - chipping, pitching, putting...35putts or less
5. Get 1st birdie...missed 5 birdie opportunities on Saturday 5-15-2010...4'ft I missed ( CHECK 1st birdie on 7/24/2010 - Par 3 - 8' putt )
5. Back to back low 90s - CHECK
6. Break 90 by Summer 2010... Still working the gremlins ....

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

Specific goals:

Wow, interesting to look back.

Handicap Dropped: nope, that went up because a few of by best scores were run off the board. Break 95: Shot a 92 this weekend! It was on a par 70, but from the blues. I'm counting that Practice: I'm actually practicing a lot by my definition, because I count playing a par 3 as practice, as I'll hit multiple balls and try new things. I'd say I've hit this goal. Less money: done. I'm having less fun because of some really bad rounds, but that's not a budget issue Flop Shot: nope. But I'm playing my distances better and not putting myself in a position to NEED a flop shot, which is much better. New SW: I found a way to use my old one and my lob wedge, so no need there. Hard-Swinging: I forgot this was a goal, but boy was I awful at the begining of the year. I've slowed down my swing a ton and gotten much better ball control. So all in: I'm 2/3 on my specific goals. On my general goals, I've nullified some and met others. Overall, I suddenly feel better abotu my year!

1) Reaching a HCP of 10 or less. Started the season at 16.7 and is currently at 12.7, so target is well within reachability.
2) Reaching a state of thinking target instead of thinking "please" when on the tee. This state is visited more and more often lately which directly relates to target 1

The following sticks of wonder are found in the orange bag of carrying
Driver : R9 460 9.5 Regular
Rescue : Halo 2i Regular
Irons : X20 tour 3-p Project X 5.0
Wedges : Vokey 52, XFT 56, 60Putter : VP 109

1) Reaching a HCP of 10 or less. Started the season at 16.7 and is currently at 12.7, so target is well within reachability.

same exact goals!! I'm serious too.

MB 710 Iron Set 5-PW Blades Steel Shafts,
Vokey Design Spin Milled Wedges 52,56,60
hybore 2iH, 3iH, 5W, Driver XL, Putter
Balls "Pro V1's", " Callaway Warbirds"
Career Low Round: 79

I want to hit the driving range cart...they just got a new one and it appears that there are not any good ball strike marks on it...I want to be the first!!

BTW...this is at Laurel Golf Center in Laurel, MD. I'll be the guy pulling my driver every time the cart goes out..

Note: This thread is 4891 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!