IGNORED

Your 2010 Golf Goals Official Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 4890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'd love to break 80 atleast 3 times or so. But consistantly shoot low 80s if I cant break 80.
Drop my handicap to single digits.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Short and sweet for me. Drop my handicap below 5.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Learn to hit a driver. I have been driving the ball with my 5 wood. I hit it about 240 so never realy hurt me. Going to make the big step this year.

In the XTreme bag:
Driver: Steelhead
Fairway Woods: Steelhead 3 and 5 wood
Hybrids: 3 and 4
Irons: Victory Red Full Cavity (5-AW)Sand Wedge: Sand Wedge (old school)Putter: Pal 5Ball: Pro V1

1. Stay relaxed and focused, even when I'm playing bad
2. Get down to a single-digit handicap
3. Establish a pre-shot routine
4. Play in club championship (net division)

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Adams Idea Tech hybrid 19*
Titleist DCI 981 irons
Ping iwedge 56*, 52*Carbite Putter

1. practice more - specifically hit once a week, chip/putt once a week
2. play at least twice/month
3. reduce putting average to 1.5 (currently 1.75 - 1.8)
4. reduce to, and maintain, handicap of 10 (currently fluxuating b/w 11.5-12.0)

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

These threads are a great way to track progress and set goals.

I started keeping stats in 2008 and dropped my handicap from an 18 to a 14 with the following stats:

G.I.R. 28%
Up/down 17%
Putts 34
Ave Score 89

In 2009 my handicap dropped from 14 to 11 with the following stats:

G.I.R 33%
Up/down 24%
Putts 32.5
Ave Score 85.5

I broke 80 six times in 2009 and was a 9 handicap for 2 months (goals in 2009)

My 2010 goals are:

G.I.R. 40%
Up/Down 40%
Putts 31

Get to an 8 handicap and keep it below 10
Shoot a 74 or better (current low is 75)
Practice at least twice per week and give at least equal time give to my short game

Cleveland Classic XL 10.5 Rombax 6X07
Titleist 904F Aldila NV
Nickent 3DX hybrid

MX-25 irons & MP-R wedges

Odyssey #5

Leopold GX1/Skycaddie SG5

Sun Mountain Hybrid Bag

• Play at least 100 rounds and practice everyday My membership includes range balls. I need to practice much, much more.
  • Keep handicap below 1.0 once it's there again It got to 0.6 for one revision period this summer. It's 1.8 now - for the off season.
  • Mentally commit to every shot
  • Commit to staying still on putts - no moving eyes/head/body/anything - and keeping my eyes down until well after the ball is struck.
  • Shoot several rounds in the 60s
  • Have a winning record in Kansas Cup matches
  • Qualify for the Kansas Amateur
  • Win the city championship
  • Win the league match play championship
  • Make a hole in one

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

1. Get handicap index to 6.5
2. Hit 50% of fairways
3. Average 2 birdies per round
4. Play 5 competitive Rounds
5. Take at least 1 lesson per month

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

!)Play at least 30 times
2)Improve play from 50 yards into the green (pitching and chipping)
3)Break 75 many times
4)get down to a 5 or lower handicap

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

shoot 10 rounds in the 70s
get my handicap to 7
play well in tournaments
more than 2 top 3 finishes in the 5 junior events at my course. (1 last year)

15 yrs old

DriverBurner 10.5 degree stiff flexFairway Burner 15 degree proforce 75 gram regular flex Hybridrescue dual 19 degree stiff flexHybrid edge cft hybrid 24 degree stiff flex Irons progressive XC 5-PW regular HOPING FOR TOUR PREFERRED's!SW rac satin tp wedge 56 degreesLW spin milled...

Twelve goals for 2010:

1. Top ten in club championship. Since I'm too old to play in summer junior tournaments, the club championship has become the central competition of my summer. Last year I competed in the first flight and finished middle-of-the-pack; I've gotten much better since then and right now, handicap-wise, am bordering on qualifying for the championship flight. Last year a score of 160 for two days finished T10. The perk: the top ten finishers are engraved on a plaque that is hung in the clubhouse.

2. Get longer off the tee. Right now I average about 200 yards with the driver, though I got it briefly up to 220 last summer. If I'm going to significantly improve, or be able to play respectably on courses over 6600 yards, I need to turn dink into dink+.

3. Sub 160 in a college event. Playing my first college golf tournaments this fall, I set this as my goal. Never got it done -- in the last tourney of the season, I doubled 18 (a straight par 4 of 320 yards!) for 161.

4. Lower handicap beneath 4. Three summers ago, I was a 10; two summers ago, a 7; last summer, I got down to 4.2 (before sliding back up to 5.4). I doubt the pattern will continue down to 1, but I'd at least like to crack into the 3s.

5. Practice what I'm bad it. This means working on long irons; this means figuring out (not just fooling around with) lag putting and different kinds of bunker shots. This also means learning about my golf swing and altering it, tasks I've neglected in the past.

6. Break par for 18 holes. Shot +1 from the tips at my home course last year and E from the white tees. Want to fire one round in the red.

7. Conquer those 385-420 yard par 4s. This range is where I lose my strokes to other players. I want to learn to hit greens with fairway woods; now, I hit them pretty solid but have little distance control. Mentally, my goal is to lay up when it gives me the best chance for par, even if I feel stupid doing it.

8. Keep making birdies! This was a central goal for 2009, and I was fairly successful until college golf in the fall. When I'm 15-25 feet away in regulation, I want to go for the birdie rather than bunting the ball close for a tap-in par.

9. Hit a par 5 in two. I got to the fringe once last year; my eagle putt lipped out. I've never had an official putt for eagle, however. My course has some inviting short par 5s...

10. Win my fantasy golf league. There's always the same three of us in the league, and we always finish in the same order, with me in second. I always start terribly and can't get over the hump. Not this year.

11. Get huge. I don't mean ripped or anything, just strong enough to improve my driving distance a little. Gotta choose the gym over the library a few times.

12. Putt 'em all. Too often I obey the rules until I start playing lousy, at which point I start skimping by taking putts and the like. At a good friend of mine said, "Every count strokes."

Meta-goal: achieve seven (or more) of these twelve goals. Let's do this.

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

1. Break 90 at least 10 times
2. Don´t shoot over 100 more than 5 times
3. Master my new Scotty Cameron Newport 2
4. Improve my iron accuracy/contact
5. Be at least 4 times in the top three on local tournaments
6. Play at least 3 rounds triple-bogey-or-worst free (never done one!)
7. Stop throwing/smashing my clubs!

In My Bag:

Driver: Titleist 910D2 9.5º Regular
Irons: 4-SW Taylor Made Burner, Regular Graphite
Wedges: 60°-08 Titleist Vokey

Fairway Wood: 16º 3W Taylor Made R9 Stiff

Hybrid: Adams A4OS 19° Regular

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 2

1) - Driving : Accuracy is good. Increase Distance by another 10 yards. Try and get up to 260 yards average. Would really help me with next goal.
2) - Irons : More consistency and work on ball striking. Aim to increase GIR from 44% to 55%.
3) - Putting : Hmmm, pretty good putter. Avg 30 putts per round. But would be nice to keep that stat (or even improve it) as the GIR % get higher.
4) - Shot shaping. Work on hitting all the different shots. High draws, fades, low draws/fades. In order to take advantage of windy conditions I play in.
5) - Wedges : Getting closer to the pin from 50 -100 yards.
6) - Short game - keep practicing this. Dial in my distances from 25-50 yards with the wedges.
7) - Scratch here I come!!!!

PING G10 : 10.5*, TFC129 : Stiff - 44"
PING G10 : 15* and 18* : Grafalloy Blue - Stiff - 42 1/2"
PING G10 : 3 Hybrid : Grafalloy Blue - Stiff
Mizuno : MP Fli Hi 4 Iron - DGS300
Mizuno : MP 60 : 5-PW - DGS300Callaway Tour Wedges : 52*and 58*Wilson PutterGoals : Get to the next level. Stuck on a...

Same as last year, vis.

1). Shoot under 80 at least once.

2). Improve short game.

3). Better course mgmt

4) Play more often..

Putting wasn't on the list last year and it improved the most. Go figure.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Break 80 (Shot 81, 38 in 9 on a different occasion)

Get handicap under 16 (from 19.8)

Take at least 2 lessons, one for my full swing, one short game lesson

Put 40% of drives in fairway (start to track stat)

Average 2 putts/round (currently 2.2)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My goal is to sharpen up my short game and take advantage of my length off the tee. I've helped that by putting a new Diablo 3 wood in the bag. I also decided to pull out the 2 iron and put a hybrid in as well, I think this will help me attack both long and medium length par 5s and increase my opportunities.

My last goal. To make more putts. That's what it's all about.

Driver: R11s 9 with a Fubuki Tour 63 X-Stiff
Fairway Wood: R11s 15.5 with Miyazaki Kusala Black 83 X-Stiff

Hybrid: taylormade.gif 4 with Fubuki 515 X-Stiff
Irons: titleist.gif Forged 660 3-PW with Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: callaway.gif CC Jaws 52 and 58 Degree
Putter: ping.gif In Anser 2

Id like to qualify and finish in the top half in all of the state ameteur touranments i plan to play in this coming year. Ballstriking comes and goes, so ive given up on trying to achive goal related things there.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Note: This thread is 4890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!