IGNORED

Your 2010 Golf Goals Official Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 4884 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1) Lower handicap to 1.0 or better
2) Make my university and golf club's men teams (a regular starter, not the odd game)
3) Shoot at least 6 sub par rounds (3 last year)
4) Practice at least 3 times a week and play at least twice a week, plus a lesson every 2 weeks
5) Get back in shape! put on quite a few pounds last year as i ate badly and didnt work out much
6) Reach the final 4 in the club championship
7) drop my PPR to >30 and raise my FIR to <60% and my GIR to <60% (if i can do this then 1 & 3 should be done!)

In my :mizuno: Staff Bag
Driver: :ping: i15 S-flex USTMamiya Tour Red
Fairway: :titleist: 909F2 15.5 X-flex UST Proforce V2 85
Hybrid: :mizuno: MP-FliHi 21* S300 +2 deg, +1/2"
Irons: :mizuno: MP-67 4-PW DG S300 +2 deg, +1/2"

Wedges: :vokey: Spin Milled 52.08 56.08 60.04

Putter: :cameron: Newport Beach customised by Kevin Colbert

Ball: :callaway: HX Black

GPS: :skycaddie: SGX

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) I had planned to put break 90 here but I did that with my first 18 hole round this year
2) Break 80 sounds ambitious so lets reset the bar there - 11.5 months to go!
3) Improve my play from the tee, currently my weakest area.
4) Get my putting average down to 1.70/hole ~ 30 per round.
5) Dedicate 2 hours a week to short game practice.

1. Get more consistent

4. Hit 67% of fairways consistently

5. Hit 50% of greens consistently

In my KZG Stand Bag:
919THI 11* w/ OBAN Revenge 6 (S)
919THI 16.5* w/ OBAN Revenge 7 (S)
KZG 18* & 22* U Iron w/ Matrix Studio 84 (S)
KZG 5-PW Cavity Back Forged III w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)KZG Forged TRS 50*, 54*, 58* w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)Kirk Currie/Wright San Saba 33" e7 or TriSpeed uProMy...

1. Start holing more putts like I used to as a kid. I've been practicing morning and evening just like I used to.
2. Continue to improve my golf swing (changed it four years ago)
3. Find a new golf coach - mine moved to Arizona so I need to find someone I can trust again in the Palm Springs area, someone who can take me to the next level.

I started in 2009, so let me set some realistic 2010 goal:

1. Break 90 by year end
2. More practice of short game
3. Practice more on grass
4. Keep more detailed scorecard

Started playing in Aug 2009 So I'm going to be realistic about this...

1. Get lessons from golf pro (friend)
2. Break 90s
3. Play 18 atleast twice a week.
4. Range, short game time

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

1. Focus on each shot.
2. Forget bad holes/ shots. Only lead to more.
3. Lower Handicap.
4. Break 90 more often
5. Break 85 at home course.
6. Enjoy golf every Sunday morning with guys.
7. Play more golf (not gonna happen)

1) Get my index down under 10 and keep it there
2) Practice the same routine as last year
3) Play in at least 3 more tournaments than last year
4) Shoot a new PB (under 75)
5) Play 150 rounds again
6) Continue lessons, and take at least 1 lesson from 2 different pros to get other opinions
7) Work on putting more than ever and hole some putts in our 3man best-ball!!!

1. I want to break into the low 90's atleast once this year
2. Practice, Practice, Practice especially with putting and pitch and chip shots
3. Read Stack and Tilt; practice it and fully convert to the S&T;
4. Hit the ball consistently with wedges as I can not hit well at all
5. Play more rounds at better courses

Driver: r7 cgb max 10.5º
3 Wood: Ovation 2
3H: Pro Gold 20º w/Winn PCI
4H: Tight Lies 24º
5-PW: Tight LiesPutter: Dual Force 668 w/Winn PistolBall: B330 Bag: Corza

1. Get a birdie!
2. Be a consistent two putter.
3. Play 12 full rounds of golf.
4. Play a 3 par course and get 100% GIR.
5. Stop hitting fat shots around the green.
6. Stop hitting thin shots off the tee (though in my last round all of my thin shots have gotten me on the green xD lucky me!)
7. Try not to be a straight hitter, but develop a consistent fade.
8. Break 100.
9. Work on bunker shots.
10. Work on short game.
11. Work on ball striking.
12. Work on long game.
13. Work on mental game.
14. Get a job.
^-^

Same as 2009 - with some refinements.....

1. Handicap of 8 or less (currently 11)
2. One round in even par (best to date +5)
3. Regular putting practice
4. Regular short game and bunker practice
5. Keep the ball in play - and when its not do the smart thing
6. Commit to each shot
7. Play at least 6 new courses, ideally 10.
What I play:
Titleist 909D2 9.5 Matrix Ozik xcon 6 | Ping i15 14 Axivcore Tour Red | Ping i15 hybrid 17 Axivcore Tour Red | Titleist AP2 TTDGS300 | Vokey 52.08 SM 58.12 | Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 | Titleist ProV1x

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1. Break 100, and be able to do it consistently
2. Shot a 95 or better
3. Play 18 at least once a month
4. Hit a driver consistently
5. Birdy a par 4 or 5
5. Hit 9 GIR in one round

1. Get my entry in for US Open qualifying (though I cannot find out where to go for an application)
2. Get my application in for Q School. I finally have saved up enough money, and it has always been a dream of mine to give it a shot. (Just waiting for the PGA to release the 2010 application)

3. Welcome my first child into the world at the end of May!!!!!

4. Really work hard at staying in the moment. My mind tends to wander to things that might be when I am playing a good round. Staying in the moment will help me with that.

1. Break 80 consistently
2. Lower my handicap by 4 points or more
3. Focus on my course management skills
4. Realize when to 'stay within myself'
5. Practice effectively 3-4 times a week
6. Play 3-4 times a week
7. Remember when I'm not hitting my best to breathe, and work one shot at a time
8. Be top 3 at my club championship

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

I've only been really playing since July 09' and I'm turning 50 in March.

1. Improve ball striking consistency.
2. Practice short game 3 - 4 times per week.
3. Play smart golf.
4. Consistently score in low 80s.
5. Break 80 at least once.
6. Get through year without another major injury or illness.

Best of luck to everyone.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1) Continue my fitness, yoga, and nutrition program to get into the best shape of my life. I've lost 17 lbs. so far. Plenty more to go.

2) Never stopping appreciating the privilege of being able to tee it up. I've played five rounds in the past year due to injuries and that's changed (for the better) my perspective on things.

3) Just getting out there to play!!! I don't care what my scores are to start the season, I'm just happy to be here.

Constantine

1.) Get in better shape. I've lost a lot of flexibility in my swing and it's really affecting my game.
2.) Get my handicap back to where it was before my year and a half hiatus. (roughly 5 right now, was a +2 before)
3.) Drop the putting average.
4.) Have fun, main reason I stopped playing was because I quit enjoying it, I want to play the game for what it is, just a game.
5.) Play one shot at a time.

What's In My Bag
Driver: Laucher 460 8.5 w/AccuFlex Assassin X Shaft
3 Wood: PT 15 degree w/x100 Shaft
Irons: DCI 762 3-PW w/s300 shaft
Wedges: 52, 56, 60 Putter: Futura, B60 Belly Putter, DF Rossie 2Ball: Pro V1 X-The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over,...

Note: This thread is 4884 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!