IGNORED

Any Golfers Out There that also Fish?

Boyder
Note: This thread is 5138 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Last year we went out fishing for dhufish out at rottnest on my unces 40ft boat. caught one about 60cm. that was a good bit of fun. tasted just as good also

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Here's a problem I hope no one ever has. I am leaving for Florida next week from the frozen tundra of Indiana, and I will be there for about 2 months. I can tell you that I will spend more time fishing than golfing while I'm down there. Most of my time is doing chores for parents and neighbors that age has caused problems with , but 80 % of my free time will involve trying to catch giant Crappie or "Speckeled Perch" as many call them. That is my biggest addiction , a cooler full of big slabs

Thomas " Hitman" Heitman

It sounds like a tough gig, but hey ... some one has to do it I guess!!

Have fun!!

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

• 2 weeks later...
Hitman, you should stop at Patoka Lake on the way up to Alexandria. My uncle lives right at Painters Creek boat dock on Patoka and everytime I get up there we we go knock the hell out of the crappie
If you always do what you've always done....You'll always be where you are right now..
Driver: C830.2 HOF Taiwan Proto
3 wood: Versus VS 1 Proforce V2
7 wood: DCT Fujikura Motore F1
3-pw: Nakashima NX-1 Project X 6.5 53*: ...

Those are my two favorite things to do, it just stinks that they take away from each other! I hate making that choice of whether to golf or go fishing.
Driver -- 909 D2 9.5º - Diamana Blueboard 65
3 Wood -- Burner 15º - REAX Superfast 50 - (re-shafting)
Hybrid -- Rescue TP w/ FCT 19º - Aldila VooDoo SVS8
Irons -- RAC MB TP 3-PW - DG S300
Wedges -- Vokey Spin Milled 52º, MP-T 10 Raw Black Satin 60ºPutter -- Studio Select Newport 2...

Hitman, you should stop at Patoka Lake on the way up to Alexandria. My uncle lives right at Painters Creek boat dock on Patoka and everytime I get up there we we go knock the hell out of the crappie

If I fish there it will have to be on the way back, there is about 10 - 12 inches of snow there now. I had planned on leaving Monday but I-65 south into Kentucky was and still is a mess. Tomorrow come what ever though I'm headed south

Thomas " Hitman" Heitman

• 4 weeks later...
Just wondering if anyone else has the same issues I have ... faced with a nice summer day, I often struggle with where to start the day ... the golf course or the lake ...

A local course used to have an annual Surf and Turf tournament in the fall. The many ponds are rarly fished and have HUGE LMBs and gills. You would go out and fish for 2 hours in the early morning, weigh in, then play 18. You deducted the weight of your catch from your score to determine the winner. Talk about a perfect day.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A local course used to have an annual Surf and Turf tournament in the fall. The many ponds are rarly fished and have HUGE LMBs and gills. You would go out and fish for 2 hours in the early morning, weigh in, then play 18. You deducted the weight of your catch from your score to determine the winner. Talk about a perfect day.

That WOULD be the Perfect day!!!!

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

I used to fish with rod and reel as well as "the bait that bites" (Bow fishing). I don't do much of either anymore. I usually get a couple of afternoons of bluegill fishing in per year with my kids now is all.

• 2 weeks later...
F.Y.I For all you fishing guys...
My local Bass Pro Shop had their XPS rods on clearance for $39.99 That's a steal!!! They originally sell for $99 ..They are GREAT rods!
I just bought myself a casting rod, I couldn't pass that deal up.

.........In My Bag........
Driver = FT-IQ Tour
2,3,4 = Iron/Wood = Bazooka Jmax

Putter = T.P. Mills
Irons = A4 OS..Wedges = Pure Spin..Cart Bag = .....Stand Bag = Bennington

I live about 25 miles from BPS's mother store, and more importantly, the catalog outlet. Everything that gets returned or can't be sold for any reason is sold there at a DEEP discount.

Man I bet there are some great deals in that store....I would probably go broke though if i lived that close to their outlet store..LOL

Driver = FT-IQ Tour

Putter = T.P. Mills

Fishing and golf....it doesn't get any better, unless you are flyfishing and maybe can figure out how to combine the two. We used to stock a pond on a local course with trout each winter. We'd have 5-6 months' worth of trout fishing in West Texas, and you could have a cast and blast (down the fairway) day if you wanted to.

My son caught one of the biggest ones all by himself when he was 5. I helped him cast ahead of the cruising fish, and then he did the rest - on a 2 wt with 5X tippet (that's an ultralight rod and 4# test tippet). It was quite a battle with the 5.33# 23" rainbow.

Some other good memories....

Green River - southwest Wyoming

Bonefish - Islamorada, Florida

Rio Grande - Creede, Colorado

Stock tank (pond) - Baird, Texas

Ummm......well, they'll bite a fly too!

You can lay up when your dead.

Those are some great pics... I never done fly fishing myself, but we went trout fishing for the first time last year and there were a ton of people fly fishing and it looked like alot of fun.
75% of my fishing is bass and i would say the other 25% is for Catfish & Crappie ..The reason I haven't done the trout fishing much is because it's not included in our fishing license, we have to purchase an additional "trout stamp", so I don't bother trout fishing except for the 1-2 days a year when they have "free fishing day". That's when i take advantage of the trout fishing.

A friend of mine got me into fishing last year and i'm pretty much hooked (no pun intended) LOL... I love it!

Driver = FT-IQ Tour

Putter = T.P. Mills

I am not a big fisherman and love golf too much to try to balance being obsessed with both, but I do get out on the water a few times a year. Usually go on a few Charters for Rock Fish out on the Chesapeake bay in Maryland. Have been deep sea down in the Outer Banks, and my best fishing trip was on my honeymoon where it was just my wife and I and the captain and deck hands in Costa Rica where we caught 5 40+ lb Mahi Mahi, and then took it back to the resort for the chef to grill up for dinner. Most amazing trip ever. Also did some snorkling on the water and saw a whale about 100 ft from our boat. But, again, if i had to choose, golf always wins.

Note: This thread is 5138 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!