IGNORED

Christians

James Hall
Note: This thread is 5182 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I believe in God, just not necessarily the big book of love, creation, and vengeance.

I grew up Catholic ("If you're not feeling guilty about something - right now - you're not trying hard enough") but lost faith in organized religion early on. Unanswered questions are a part of life, but not being allowed to ask at all, goes against my nature. Low self esteem and humility went hand in hand during mass and chatecism (Sunday school) . I'm just glad our priests weren't ____fill in the blank____ (at least not to my knowledge). Personally I find the eucharist repellant - filled with digusting metaphors. I studied the history of cannibalism and that specific part of Christianity is woven in and out of the practice. The only time I take communion is at baptisms - I don't want to offend the proud parents - not sure why so many friends thing I'm a good candidate for a god parent. The inability to say "no, perhaps?

Although I probably lean more toward being an agnostic, when someone insults the intelligence of Christians in general, I'm generally offended. I also try not to laugh when some newer sects claim Catholics aren't christians - suck it up guys, we all have a shared history of works as Christians - some great and some horrible.

People are people, no matter who's image is behind their candles.

The only "faiths" that really make sense (to me) are Budhism (dealing with suffering in the here and now) and Canada's Firt Nations (Aboriginal people tend to truly respect mother nature).

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Christian but I don't belong to a church. I believe in treating people with respect, being honest, and doing business the right way. Not sure if that has anything to do with my religious beliefs or not. I accept and understand most views because with all the bad things that happen in this world, it would be easy not to believe in god. But my belief is that god gave humans the greatest gift of all, and that is freedom to make our own decisions and have a mind that can do so much.

Brian

Am I Christian? I have known many people in my life that called themselves Christian ... some I admired, many I did not. I believe in God (as I understand Him), I believe in an "afterlife", and I believe worship is a personal choice. I believe many wars have been fought over the guise of "religion". I have never quite understood why one's spirituality needs a label. I will leave it at that.

Well said.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Don't wanna start anything! I'm a Christian, just wanted to know who else is on here?

If your foursome comes up short a person, is this the question you ask someone who wants to join your group?

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm a Christian. Go to church every Sunday and Wednesday, read the Bible daily, have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior, try to let him work in my life.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

If your foursome comes up short a person, is this the question you ask someone who wants to join your group?

One Sunday morning, playing as a single, I joined up with a husband and wife. After introducing herself, the wife asked me, "Why aren't you in church?" (In response, I told her I was Jewish, which is half-true.) Not the best ice-breaker IMO.

I'm an agnostic who sides with atheists. I don't concentrate on personal beliefs; I focus on more practical things, set my own standards, take responsibility for my own successes and failures.

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

I am absolutely a devout Christian. Does this mean I am a better person than a non-Christian? Absolutely NOT!

Interesting take on Christianity, and easily twisted into strong criticisms I think.

I consider myself to be an atheist, through and through. Lots of unanswered questions about the universe that science provides to best answers to, IMO of course.
Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. ~John Updike

In my stand bag:
Driver: 983k 10.5*3 Wood: Sumo2 15*Irons: 690cb 2-PWWedges 54* and 58* oil can finishPutter: White hot mallet

I don't really understand why some people are saying they aren't. The OP wanted to know who on the forum is. Not whether or not you are.

Yes I am a Christian. I thank God that I'm given the ability to play this wonderful game of golf.

I don't really understand why some people are saying they aren't. The OP wanted to know who on the forum is. Not whether or not you are.

Well, see, it's a discussion forum, which means people discuss things. Sometimes that goes beyond just answering a question. I think it makes it a much more interesting thread than a bunch of "yes" answers would have been. If you just want a count, put up a poll and count the "yes" responses.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Well, see, it's a discussion forum, which means people discuss things. Sometimes that goes beyond just answering a question. I think it makes it a much more interesting thread than a bunch of "yes" answers would have been. If you just want a count, put up a poll and count the "yes" responses.

Good point...I have found this discussion very interesting myself. Also suprized to see so many non cristians on here. I consider myself a free thinker who doesn't beleve in organized religion.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Am i catholic...hmmm...This is how i feel about organized religion:
Do i believe in god? Yes
Do i believe in heaven? Yes
Do i believe i have to go to a specific place every week and throw money in a tray as pennence for the house in which i pray?(Sp?) No. I know he's there, i can pray wherever i choose.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

I am a Christian. I read the bible every night but I know I have many flaws and I sin. Everyone does. I didnt read the entire thread but I saw posts about being labeled as a christian or it being an organization. Christianity is not a label or an organization. If you are christian that just means you believe that jesus died on the cross and rose to heaven to save us from our sins( in short). Being a golfer is not a label. It just says that you play the sport of golf. Technically you are labeled by everything and the only thing that isnt a label is everything. and there was a post about christians being hypocrits. Jesus gave us standards to live by and we all try to live by them. I might tell my friend dont curse like that but then a week later accidentally do it myself. And my friend would correct me as I did to him. This doesnt mean im a horrible person. This just means that we are BOTH trying to HELP eachother live the standard that jesus set for us. But we know that we arnt perfect and we will sin so we dont hold it against eachother. We FORGIVE . Just as Jesus has done for us. I am not bashing anyones faith or saying your wrong if you dont believe. I just wanted to voice my opinion on some things. Christian or not you are still just as good of a person as I am if not better. And Ill show respect and love for everyone on this earth no matter what their faith is. Love your neighbor as yourself.
What I Play:

Driver: Sumo 5000 9.5*
Fairway Woods : S2 15*/18*
Irons : MP 58 3-PW S3000 StiffWedges : Spin Milled 54*/58*Putter : Pro Platinum Newport 2Ball : Pro V1 ( Used )Bag : (Cart Bag) Twister 2010 (Stand Bag)

John Daly is my god... Does that make me an atheist, or a satanist?

Cobra - Speed Pro 8.5º X-Flex, Speed Pro 13º S-Flex | Mizuno - MP CLK 20º Hybrid, MP-67 DG S300 4-PW | Cleveland - CG10 52º,56º, 60º | Rife - Antigua Island 34"

Don't wanna start anything! I'm a Christian, just wanted to know who else is on here?

After being raised in SLC UT in the 50 & 60's and not Mormon and being educated by the Jesuits, (great education, but I didn't like the dogma), I'm now a Taoist.

I am Roman Catholic

Driver: ...... Ping G400 Max
Woods: ..... Ping G410 3 & 5
Hybrids: ... Titleist 818 21° & 25°
Irons: ........ Titleist 718 AP1 6 - GW
Wedges: ... Titleist Vokey ... 52° & 56°
Putter: ....... Rife 400 Mid Mallet  /  Ball: ... Snell MTB Red / Yellow

Note: This thread is 5182 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!