IGNORED

Is false advertising = cheating.

bigoak
Note: This thread is 5168 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Maybe Ping makes the best performing headcover customized to the exact specifications demanded by the pros!!

Driver: 600t 10.5*
3Wood: TBD
Irons: 1 Iron Golf 3i-PW
Putter: O-Blade
Hobby: I enjoy collecting samples of vintage Ping

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any other questions?

If Tiger Woods has a Nike Headcover on a Titleist, I think that's wrong.

Cart Bag: AMP Xtreme
Driver: 460
3 Wood | 5 Wood: Diablo
Irons: (3-8) X18 | X Forged 9 & P
Wedges: X Forged 52 (12) | 58 (10) C-Grind Putter: Anser 4 i SeriesBall: Burner1978 - 93 - All Time Best - 84 or12 over in 1991.1994 - 2008 - Inactive2008 - Present - All Time Best 96 or 24...

If Tiger Woods has a Nike Headcover on a Titleist, I think that's wrong.

But why? Are you really that insecure? I had a Never Compromise headcover on my Lynx putter, am I wrong? No serious golfer cares that much what the pros use. They have their clubs completely custom fitted to their exact specs. Any club made to the same standards would be just as good as the next. A while back, someone posted a comparison of a bunch of different drivers, old and new, to see how far technology has taken us. They tested from a hickory shafted club, all the way to the R9. Then, for comparison, they had the guys hit their own custom fitted drivers. The custom fitted drivers were longer across the board, no matter what brand.

I think high handicappers have this fantasy that there's a club out there that will solve all of their problems. They aren't yet to the point where they hit nearly every shot pure, and some probably don't even know what it feels like. I've heard high handicappers talk about hitting a ball where they never felt any resistance, it just went, effortlessly. Well, that's how you should hit every shot. High handicappers still often duff, shank, or severely mishit clubs. They feel that, if they just had the right club, they wouldn't do it. Well, that's a fantasy. You hit the club, and it doesn't matter who made it, or how easy it is to hit, make a good swing, and it goes. The rest is all about minimizing errors.

But why? Are you really that insecure?

My emotional security is not the subject of this thread. OK, I'm insecure (lol in the face of truth) but I'm also talking about false advertising or the use of wrong headcovers. Sorry for getting silly but the misuse of headcovers should be subject to federal regulation...at least under the Sherman Anti Trust Act.

Wedges: X Forged 52 (12) | 58 (10) C-Grind Putter: Anser 4 i SeriesBall: Burner1978 - 93 - All Time Best - 84 or12 over in 1991.1994 - 2008 - Inactive2008 - Present - All Time Best 96 or 24...

I'm also talking about false advertising or the use of wrong headcovers. Sorry for getting silly but the misuse of headcovers should be subject to federal regulation...at least under the Sherman Anti Trust Act.

... under the Sherman Act? I understand that some may think this is criminal false advertising, but under the Sherman Act?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

false advertising or the use of wrong headcovers. Sorry for getting silly but the misuse of headcovers should be subject to federal regulation

When headcovers are outlawed, only outlaws will have headcovers.

But, really, what? A label on a headcover is an advertisement that, at most, that is a headcover made by a particular brand. There is no claim being made whatsoever. It's just a label filling an otherwise blank space... If someone airs an advertisement claiming So-and-So uses X brand, then yes, that claim had better be true. Just putting a label somewhere is just paying for space.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

... A label on a headcover is an advertisement that, at most, that is a headcover made by a particular brand. There is no claim being made whatsoever. It's just a label filling an otherwise blank space... If someone airs an advertisement claiming So-and-So uses X brand, then yes, that claim had better be true. Just putting a label somewhere is just paying for space.

EXACTLY! I can't believe this thread is even still open - it's rediculous. Headcovers are analogous to NASCAR drivers putting a Valvoline sticker on their car wherein they really use Penzoil...absurd that someone would blame the pros their game shortcomings claiming "false advertising,"....and even "cheating!" LOL

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

What has Phil done? Would buying Callaway wedges give us Phil's short game? Or rather, should we insist Phil sports a PING Eye 2 cap?

the 80's....you are old. that was back when i had hair...and a mullet!!

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

I use a Nickent headcover on my Ping….why?....because I like the fit of the headcover

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

I use a Nickent headcover on my Ping….why?....because I like the fit of the headcover

You and I are not on TV being watched by thousands of golfers who are influenced by what type of club Mickelson is using. I can't help but believe that golf equipment consumers are influenced by what they see on TV. There are a lot of golfers out there that are not as sophisticated as the members of this forum. Of course, they don't buy Callaway because Milkelson is sponsered by Callaway but it does have an influence.

It's about ethics in advertising. When I see a Callaway umbrella or Callaway towel, I think umbrella and towel. When I see hearcover I think golf club unless the headcover carries the brand of a company in the business of manufacturing and marketing headcovers. I guess I'm bothered about a PGA Tour celebrity being paid to use a Ping headcover on some other brand club.

You and I are not on TV being watched by thousands of golfers who are influenced by what type of club Mickelson is using. I can't help but believe that golf equipment consumers are influenced by what they see on TV. There are a lot of golfers out there that are not as sophisticated as the members of this forum. Of course, they don't buy Callaway because Milkelson is sponsered by Callaway but it does have an influence.

Hmm, really? You're bothered by advertisers lying?

Any questions?

If a NASCAR car has a 'Crane Cams' sticker on the side of the car, you can assume that they use Crane Cams in the engine. All it really means is that Crane has paid the car to put a sticker on it.

ya mean I can't put Clorox in my engine?

ya mean I can't put Clorox in my engine?

I'd suggest against it; it would react poorly when mixed with the Go Daddy web hosting service in a cylinder.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I can't believe this thread is still going! Do the phrases "Caveat Emptor" and "there is a sucker born every minute" mean anything to you?

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I can't believe this thread is still going! Do the phrases "Caveat Emptor" and "there is a sucker born every minute" mean anything to you?

Using your logic, this thread should have ended at post #2.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Here, Callaway woods under Srixon headcovers:

LOL - his final purchase (from a Japanese supermarket) does seem to have a potential dual purpose.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I recall reading several years ago that there is someone at each tournament who inspects each player's bag and writes down the brand of clubs and balls he/she is using. This is to ensure that the player's contract with the manufacturer is not being violated. It is not necessarily to ensure what head cover is on the driver, for example. It is to make sure that the player is using whatever driver he has agreed to use per his contract. I occasionally play golf with a USGA rules official who is inside the ropes and can see all the players' clubs. He said I would truly be surprised how many TaylorMade driver head covers are covering a different brand of driver.

He also told me what brand ball Tiger plays. I was surprised.

Driver 905S, V2 stiff shaft
3-Wood 906F2 13 degree, V2 stiff
Hybrid 585H 21 degree, Aldila VS Proto
Irons (4-PW) MP-57, Rifle 5.5
SW & LW spin milledPutter TracyBall Pro V-1

Note: This thread is 5168 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!