IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

13 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Got nostalgic. Anyone remember this?

Absolutely not. Never seen it before. I am young dammit!  Now, is the Grinch on or Snoopy Come Home?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, chspeed said:

Absolutely not. Never seen it before. I am young dammit!  Now, is the Grinch on or Snoopy Come Home?

This meant a big event show was coming. This was when people watched shows in real time and adjusted to the network’s schedule. How quaint. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

7 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

This meant a big event show was coming. This was when people watched shows in real time and adjusted to the network’s schedule. How quaint. 

Unfortunately, I remember it well. Was kidding. 🙂

5 hours ago, chspeed said:

Unfortunately, I remember it well. Was kidding. 🙂

Ugh, my sarcasm detector. 😜

Really looking forward to the new Twilight Zone. A little The Shinning reference there. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...

HERE IT IS. GAME OF THRONES TRAILER!!!

Steve

On 3/5/2019 at 9:04 AM, nevets88 said:

HERE IT IS. GAME OF THRONES TRAILER!!!

I told myself I wouldn't watch that, but failed the willpower roll.  I'm excited, and can't wait to see how the story winds up.  I've got a few ideas, but I'm hoping I'm wrong on all counts because I don't see too many happy endings coming true.

Even though I'm falling behind on all of my current shows, I've been enjoying a rewatch of LOST.  That first season, I thought, was so well done.   I'm giving the first season a Birdie.  Season two is a par, and I'm barely a third through season three, although Desmond makes the show so much better.

Corey

Rewatching GoT. I read the books and watched the show live and to be honest, don’t remember much from it if I try to recall. On rewatching, it’s all coming back. About halfway through. I forgot how good this show was although I do admit to skipping through parts I didn’t like. Also always noticed Peter Dinklage was first billed and he’s a great actor but in the beginning, taking a chance and the gamble payed off. Despite all the dragons and special effects, there is a lot of good acting and the quality of the writing has remained consistent for the most part. Also rewatching the show, it’s like, ok yeah, you’re gonna die, you’re gonna die, you dead, so many kaput. 

Steve

The Haunting of Hill House. A drama/spooky/mystery show that's really good. We gobbled it up quickly. I love many of these one-season shows that's popped up the last years. 

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• 2 months later...

Catch-22 is not bad. It’s a little too polished. The funny is there but there’s something off about it. Not done yet though, 2 more episodes to go. I never read the book, saw the movie so long ago I forgot most of it.  I’ve been reading the funny parts of the book and man, it is so funny.

Fleabag series 2 was so good I watched it twice. The writing is so sharp. 

Killing Eve series 2 is not as good as the 1st season as it’s not written by PWB. But still fun. 

Rilakkuma and Kaoru is my second foray into a show with short episodes other than webisodes attached to a major tv show. I forget. Are High Maintenance episodes short? Anyways, the stop motion is so gorgeous and the show went to places I never expected. There is an episode that might freak out your kid so beware, don’t let the cute bears fool you. 

Steve

Chernobyl is brutal to watch, but I can't stop watching. It's an eye opening look into the nuclear disaster. I would recommend it, but I have only watched 4 of the 5 episodes.

Steve

I’m just finishing episode three of six of Good Omens.   I have no knowledge of the source material, but it seems okay so far.  Imagine a touch of Forrest Gump with a dose of the Exorcist.  Oh, and I believe it’s supposed to be a comedy.  

Corey

Finished Chernobyl and am halfway through the official podcast (with show's creator and writer) and other podcasts (Slate) that are reviewing it. Not just about the disaster but insight into what it was like in the Soviet Union circa Gorbachov.

I'm four episodes into Good Omens and it's okay. I should love anything Gaiman, his writing seems right up my alley, but I've never finished American Gods, the book. The most compelling thing about the show is David Tennant. It is funny, maybe too tongue in cheek.

One more episode to go with Les Miserables, have seen the musical and the movie and this miniseries, with more time to breathe, and less sugarcoating, is still a compelling watch, although I'm still at odds to the motivation of Javert and his endless drive to capture 24601.

Steve

• 5 weeks later...

I think I have two more episodes to go in the new season of Stranger Things.  The opening didn’t wow me, but from the second on I thought it’s been fantastic.  Hopper has been hilarious.  

If I was fifteen years younger I’d stay up the rest of the night to finish it.  Stupid work and real life responsibilities.  

Corey

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished the eight episode run of The Boys on Amazon Prime.  Very graphic and adult.  It's not a Marvel production, that's for sure.

Corey

• 2 weeks later...

I hate everyone on Succession but it's such a guilty pleasure show.

Also watching The Terror: Infamy.

Steve