IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

Originally Posted by cignatz21

Wanted to see what show(s) everyone else liked and why.

Here are my all-time favorites in no particular order..

Old shows:

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Monk

Cheers

Bob Newhart Show

Seinfeld

All In The Family

Wings

The Odd Couple

Current:

Comedy - Big Bang Theory

Drama - NCIS

News/Commentary - The O'Reilly Factor

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

• 1 month later...

Alright... I just bought season one of Friday Night Lights on iTunes. I'm about to find out just how awful that spoiler was Jamo ruined last year. It better not be an epic one!!!

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Alright... I just bought season one of Friday Night Lights on iTunes. I'm about to find out just how awful that spoiler was Jamo ruined last year. It better not be an epic one!!!

Alright, so the show's actually pretty entertaining. I'm liking it so far. Good recommendation, Jamo.

But, I will say.... I think the show would be better if it was called Friday Night Lights...and Zombies. For example, it'd be great if the zombie apocalypse just broke out of no where midway thru season one, and suddenly, the entire dynamic of the show changes for all these characters, and they have to come together in new ways.... LOL. Sort of kidding.

Still a good show though even without the undead to ruin everything.

Actually, come to think of it, most shows would be better with the zombie element thrown in.

Y'know, I'm gonna go the extra mile and just hope that a major TV network comes along and instead of just canceling shows outright, they have each canceled show end with the zombie apocalypse. For some reason, I think that would be better than just kissing it all goodbye with a lame press release.

Think about it.... Whitney...and Zombies. Seems like a nice swan song. Rating would spike too, I think. Maybe I'm out on an island with this one, but I would watch a canceled show's zombie death sentence episode.

• Upvote 1

Constantine

Alright, so the show's actually pretty entertaining. I'm liking it so far. Good recommendation, Jamo. But, I will say.... I think the show would be better if it was called Friday Night Lights...and Zombies. For example, it'd be great if the zombie apocalypse just broke out of no where midway thru season one, and suddenly, the entire dynamic of the show changes for all these characters, and they have to come together in new ways.... LOL. Sort of kidding. Still a good show though even without the undead to ruin everything.  Actually, come to think of it, most shows would be better with the zombie element thrown in. Y'know, I'm gonna go the extra mile and just hope that a major TV network comes along and instead of just canceling shows outright, they have each canceled show end with the zombie apocalypse. For some reason, I think that would be better than just kissing it all goodbye with a lame press release. Think about it.... Whitney...and Zombies. Seems like a nice swan song. Rating would spike too, I think. Maybe I'm out on an island with this one, but I would watch a canceled show's zombie death sentence episode.

Season one is definitely good (maybe the best), but it does suffers from being the only 22-episode season. Some parts lag and could have/should have been cut. (That said, the later seasons seem a bit rushed. Maybe 17 or so episodes would have been optimal.) I'm not really a zombie fan, but I would definitely watch Whitney ... and Zombies . That's the only way I'd watch Whitney ... and Anything. Come to think of it, Community has a zombie episode: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemiology_(Community).

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Well, I'm definitely quickly realizing that this show is a soap opera with football as its backdrop... a really good soap opera. Yea, I'm already midway thru season one, and I'm loving these characters. And you're right, it is drawn out over 22 episodes, but I kind of like that because I just iTunes them. I would imagine I would really dislike this show pre-DVR and having to wait a week for each new one. I can just get my fix and move on at my own pace, so the drawn out factor doesn't really affect me.

I will say that I was kind of pissed when I found out on wikipedia that freakin' Tim Riggins is a SOPHOMORE. What?? Really, TV writers? That guy? Dude looks older than me. Maybe in season two they'll reveal he's really a 21 Jump Street style undercover cop? Hopefully.

In the back of my mind I'm hoping season two is just a total reboot with so many of these players gone, graduated and forced to join reality. I'd love to see a totally new crop of players with just Smash and Matt Sarazen as seniors... but then I read Matt is a sophomore too. Come onnnnnnn.

Anyway, I suspect the way I enjoy this show is the same way some people enjoy soaps. But still, there's something about it that's really entertaining, so I'm enjoying myself with it.

Plus, this Tyra girl has really grown on me:

Constantine

Well, I'm definitely quickly realizing that this show is a soap opera with football as its backdrop... a really good soap opera. Yea, I'm already midway thru season one, and I'm loving these characters. And you're right, it is drawn out over 22 episodes, but I kind of like that because I just iTunes them. I would imagine I would really dislike this show pre-DVR and having to wait a week for each new one. I can just get my fix and move on at my own pace, so the drawn out factor doesn't really affect me.

I will say that I was kind of pissed when I found out on wikipedia that freakin' Tim Riggins is a SOPHOMORE. What?? Really, TV writers? That guy? Dude looks older than me. Maybe in season two they'll reveal he's really a 21 Jump Street style undercover cop? Hopefully.

In the back of my mind I'm hoping season two is just a total reboot with so many of these players gone, graduated and forced to join reality. I'd love to see a totally new crop of players with just Smash and Matt Sarazen as seniors... but then I read Matt is a sophomore too. Come onnnnnnn.

Anyway, I suspect the way I enjoy this show is the same way some people enjoy soaps. But still, there's something about it that's really entertaining, so I'm enjoying myself with it.

Plus, this Tyra girl has really grown on me:

Was one of my favorite shows when it was on, but I was more of a Minka Kelly fan

Joe Paradiso

Well, I'm definitely quickly realizing that this show is a soap opera with football as its backdrop... a really good soap opera. Yea, I'm already midway thru season one, and I'm loving these characters. And you're right, it is drawn out over 22 episodes, but I kind of like that because I just iTunes them. I would imagine I would really dislike this show pre-DVR and having to wait a week for each new one. I can just get my fix and move on at my own pace, so the drawn out factor doesn't really affect me. I will say that I was kind of pissed when I found out on wikipedia that freakin' Tim Riggins is a SOPHOMORE. What?? Really, TV writers? That guy? Dude looks older than me. Maybe in season two they'll reveal he's really a 21 Jump Street style undercover cop? Hopefully. In the back of my mind I'm hoping season two is just a total reboot with so many of these players gone, graduated and forced to join reality. I'd love to see a totally new crop of players with just Smash and Matt Sarazen as seniors... but then I read Matt is a sophomore too. Come onnnnnnn.

It is very soapy, yes, which is part of the reason it never did very well in ratings. People who liked the soapy stuff didn't like the football, and people who liked the football didn't like soapy stuff. I'll address the rest of your post that I quoted in a spoiler, though it's not that spoilery: [SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!] Smash leaves after the second season, and Saracen and Riggins leave after the third, so there is a reset with the characters. They did make five seasons, so do the math. ;-) I'll not mention what happens to Coach Taylor. [/SPOILER] Also, sign me up for Team Adrianne Palicki.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

Quote:

It is very soapy, yes, which is part of the reason it never did very well in ratings. People who liked the soapy stuff didn't like the football, and people who liked the football didn't like soapy stuff.

I'll address the rest of your post that I quoted in a spoiler, though it's not that spoilery:

Smash leaves after the second season, and Saracen and Riggins leave after the third, so there is a reset with the characters. They did make five seasons, so do the math. I'll not mention what happens to Coach Taylor.

Also, sign me up for Team Adrianne Palicki.

Sorry, I won't be clicking and enjoying any more of your spoilers... but guess what... when you quote a post with spoilers in it, it reveals the actual spoiler! Thanks, Huddler!!!!! Lame!!! Totally lame!

I only caught the first couple words..... Gawd, Jamo..... Is Kevin Spacey Keiser Soze too?

Yea, Tyra's great... I didn't check her age before posting those pics, but I assume she's like 29 at least since that seems to be the general theme of the cast so far....

She looks weird with short hair in that photo. Still hot though.

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Was one of my favorite shows when it was on, but I was more of a Minka Kelly fan

I put up some enjoyable Minka Kelly pics on the Beautiful Women thread.

Constantine

Sorry, I won't be clicking and enjoying any more of your spoilers... but guess what... when you quote a post with spoilers in it, it reveals the actual spoiler! Thanks, Huddler!!!!! :mad:  Lame!!! Totally lame!  I only caught the first couple words..... Gawd, Jamo..... Is Kevin Spacey Keiser Soze too? Yea, Tyra's great... I didn't check her age before posting those pics, but I assume she's like 29 at least since that seems to be the general theme of the cast so far.... She looks weird with short hair in that photo. Still hot though.

I think she has short hair in later seasons so there OOPS SPOILER ALERT! :-P

In my bag:

Quote:

Sorry, I won't be clicking and enjoying any more of your spoilers... but guess what... when you quote a post with spoilers in it, it reveals the actual spoiler! Thanks, Huddler!!!!!   Lame!!! Totally lame!

I only caught the first couple words..... Gawd, Jamo..... Is Kevin Spacey Keiser Soze too?

Yea, Tyra's great... I didn't check her age before posting those pics, but I assume she's like 29 at least since that seems to be the general theme of the cast so far....

She looks weird with short hair in that photo. Still hot though.

I think she has short hair in later seasons so there OOPS SPOILER ALERT!

Really? Oh well... Darth Vader is Luke's father by the way.

Constantine

You f***ing J**k*ss!!!!!!!!!!  I cannot believe you could be so callous!! (I am - dead serious here - watching Episode III right now :))

You want spoilers, how about this:  Your cheerleader friend from FNL breaks up with her boyfriend!!!  So there!!!  (Of course, I'm talking about Derek Jeter)

You want spoilers, how about this:  Your cheerleader friend from FNL breaks up with her boyfriend!!!  So there!!!  (Of course, I'm talking about Derek Jeter ) :beer:

Ya but she got some signed baseballs so it's all good.

In my bag:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Quote:

You f***ing J**k*ss!!!!!!!!!!  I cannot believe you could be so callous!!   (I am - dead serious here - watching Episode III right now :))

You want spoilers, how about this:  Your cheerleader friend from FNL breaks up with her boyfriend!!!  So there!!!  (Of course, I'm talking about Derek Jeter)

You're joking right. Episode 3 is really episode 6. And I just like to pretend the "prequels" never happened. Like Indiana Jones 4 and the Brooklyn Nets.

Constantine

:-D  You're joking right. Episode 3 is really episode 6. And I just like to pretend the "prequels" never happened. Like Indiana Jones 4 and the Brooklyn Nets.

No, not joking ... Just indoctrinating the boy finally (I waited 4 years at least). We started with 4,5 and 6, then went back. 1s obviously useless, 2 is meh, but 3 I kind of like! PS ... Soylent green is people!!!

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Quote:

You're joking right. Episode 3 is really episode 6. And I just like to pretend the "prequels" never happened. Like Indiana Jones 4 and the Brooklyn Nets.

No, not joking ... Just indoctrinating the boy finally (I waited 4 years at least). We started with 4,5 and 6, then went back. 1s obviously useless, 2 is meh, but 3 I kind of like!

PS ... Soylent green is people!!!

Wow. My bad. Well, the fact that the dude's name is Annikan Skywalker.... and then in the next trilogy the guy is Luke Skywalker.... should be somewhat of a hint.... unless Skywalker is like the most common last name on Tattooine like Smith or Jones is here .... Seriously, my fault. I blame Jamo.

And yea, Jeter is either a huge moron for dumping Minka Kelly, or that guy's cup is just always full. Probably the latter.

BTW Bruce Willis is already dead but doesn't know it. He's a ghost.

Constantine

Dammit! I don't want to play this game anymore! :-P

In my bag:

Quote:

Dammit! I don't want to play this game anymore!

Yea, I think someone is accidentally going to get hurt playing this game.... truce, guys?

Oh wait, I already screwed this up for G-dad. OK, I meant, I might accidentally get hurt. Like Smash, I gotta look out for number one here.

Constantine

Wow. My bad. Well, the fact that the dude's name is Annikan Skywalker.... and then in the next trilogy the guy is Luke Skywalker.... should be somewhat of a hint.... unless Skywalker is like the most common last name on Tattooine like Smith or Jones is here :-D .... Seriously, my fault. I blame Jamo.  And yea, Jeter is either a huge moron for dumping Minka Kelly, or that guy's cup is just always full. Probably the latter.  BTW Bruce Willis is already dead but doesn't know it. He's a ghost.

Wait, you may have misunderstood me. I was serious that I was watching Star Wars ... Not serious about the spoiler. That would be ridiculous, lol!! At the end of titanic ... The boat sinks.