IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

• Administrator
Well, you're in the midst of the last beginning-to-end good season. ;-)

Ditto. It tanks fast too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good season finale for Arrow last night.  Although I was probably more excited by the Flash promo near the end.

Corey

I just started watching the reality series Life Below Zero on National Geographic, and I love it. I didn't love when one of the characters killed two foxes for money because those foxes looked like pretty amazing animals, but other than that, it's an awesome show. It's about life in rural Alaska: hunting, surviving, and thriving while isolated from society at large.

Surprisingly entertaining. I'm a fan.

Constantine

Fargo's just over halfway done with the first (and only) season. I've really enjoyed it so far. I'm not usually a fan of Billy Bob Thornton or Colin Hanks, but both of their characters have been pretty great. And I just watched the penultimate episode of this season of The Americans, which might have been this year's strongest so far. Those are probably my favorite two shows currently running.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Fargo's just over halfway done with the first (and only) season. I've really enjoyed it so far. I'm not usually a fan of Billy Bob Thornton or Colin Hanks, but both of their characters have been pretty great.

And I just watched the penultimate episode of this season of The Americans, which might have been this year's strongest so far.

Those are probably my favorite two shows currently running.

I didn't really like Fargo's pilot... huge fan of the movie though. I have the rest on my DVR just waiting for me to finally watch them. I'll give it another chance on some idle evening in the future I'm sure.

I saw the pilot for the Americans recently and it showed lots of promise. I'll rev that one up sometime too.

Constantine

I didn't really like Fargo's pilot... huge fan of the movie though. I have the rest on my DVR just waiting for me to finally watch them. I'll give it another chance on some idle evening in the future I'm sure.  I saw the pilot for the Americans recently and it showed lots of promise. I'll rev that one up sometime too.

I think you'd like 'em. The Americans is a bit more of a plot-based thriller, while Fargo is more character-oriented, but they're both pretty fun to watch. The pilot was one of the weaker episodes of Fargo IMO, so I can definitely see why you wouldn't like it much.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I think you'd like 'em. The Americans is a bit more of a plot-based thriller, while Fargo is more character-oriented, but they're both pretty fun to watch. The pilot was one of the weaker episodes of Fargo IMO, so I can definitely see why you wouldn't like it much.

I didn't like Fargo the movie that much but love most of the Coen movies, Big L, No Country, TG and put the Fargo aside too. I recently got to it and really like it, much more so than the movie. Good actors I knew and didn't know, I knew BBT, Watson, Keith Carradine, Better Call Saul, Oliver Platt and Adam Goldberg were good actors, but the actress playing Molly is very good. I wanna know, does urine in the gas tank really screw up the car?

The Americans is having a great season two. I hope they don't drag out Stan discovering the Jennings's if that's to happen.

Orphan Black, GoT and Veep are excellent as well. Silicon Valley I heard dropped in quality, haven't even gotten to Mad Men yet. Wish they didn't put on all the best shows at once - all the tv watching, don't read as much.

Most people don't like Turn, but I'm getting more and more into it. Hope it doesn't get cancelled.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Orphan Black, GoT and Veep are excellent as well. Silicon Valley I heard dropped in quality , haven't even gotten to Mad Men yet. Wish they didn't put on all the best shows at once - all the tv watching, don't read as much.

The most recent episode (last week's, not the one that'll air in a few hours) was probably the best of the season so far.

In my bag:

• Administrator
The most recent episode (last week's, not the one that'll air in a few hours) was probably the best of the season so far.

Agreed.

Probably a fairly small market appeal… but I'm right in the middle of it (despite not living in Silicon Valley).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

[quote name="iacas" url="/t/32874/favorite-tv-show-s/780#post_991352"] Agreed. Probably a fairly small market appeal… but I'm right in the middle of it (despite not living in Silicon Valley). [/quote] That's good to hear. I'm only on episode 3. Read a couple of reviews saying 5 or 6 took a nose dive. I enjoyed the first two episodes so far. That passive aggressive tech mogul died in real life unfortunately - he's the most fun to watch.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Pumped for Deadliest Catch tomorrow. Not sure what happens to the Saga, but the teaser makes it seem as if they bottom out and damn near sink the ship.

Game of Thrones.... "Your sister."...  Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Steve

Game of Thrones.... "Your sister."...  Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

WE HAVE TO WAIT TWO WEEKS FOR THE NEXT ONE!!!

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

WE HAVE TO WAIT TWO WEEKS FOR THE NEXT ONE!!!

Even though they've changed things up from the books, the next two are going to be doozys.

Steve

Even though they've changed things up from the books, the next two are going to be doozys.

I've never read the books. I'm resisting doing so because I don't want to judge the show as compared to the books. Once the show ends, I'll read them.

I'm just really impressed with the work they've done. They've got a really good show that's gotten better each year.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post

Deadwood was so great.  Still love The Wire the most.  I can't believe I haven't gotten around to Six Feet Under yet.  I really need to do that, I've heard.

Yes! Deadwood is one of the best series ever made!!! For some reason, I don't know a lot of people that have seen it or could appreciate it for what it is. I am definitely not anti-swearing and feel there's nothing better then using the F-word at times. But the first episode of Deadwood even made me uneasy with the language. But I did a little research online and found out that they actually did swear like that and it is historically accurate. Once I accepted the language and really started listening to the dialoge, I was amazed by how brilliant the writting is.

The creator of the show (Milch) originally claimed it was historically accurate, but actual historians disputed that. Milch apparently later changed his tune, as this is what Wikipedia (and other online sources) has to say:

Quote:

From its debut, Deadwood drew attention for its extensive profanity. It is a deliberate anachronism on the part of the creator with a twofold intent. Milch explained in several interviews that the characters were originally intended to use period slang and swear words. Such words, however, were based heavily on the era's deep religious roots and tended to be more blasphemous than scatological. Instead of being shockingly crude (in keeping with the tone of a frontier mining camp), the results sounded downright comical. As Geoffrey Nunberg put it "… if you put words like 'goldarn' into the mouths of the characters on 'Deadwood', they'd all wind up sounding like Yosemite Sam."

Instead, it was decided that the show would use current profanity in order for the words to have the same impact on modern audiences as the blasphemous ones did back in the 1870s

And I agree, the writing was brilliant.

Bill