IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

I tried to watch the first season of Twin Peaks on Netflix a few months ago. Couldn't even get past the pilot. I might give it another chance, but it was pretty brutal.

David Lynch is out there. But I'd recommend giving it another try. Try for three episodes then see what happens. When this was airing on ABC, it was all the rage. It was so different than anything on TV, ever. How it ever got on network tv is a minor miracle. Finished Amazon's Transparent. Highly recommend it. Imho, best of the exclusive subscription streaming shows. Not many out there yet but still.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I watched Twin Peaks for the first time about a year ago, after having the series sit on a shelf for eight years.

I loved it and it immediately became one of my favorite shows ever. I was planning on re-watching it on Blu-ray, but might hold off until the new season is close.

It is a very special show and I understand that it's not for everyone. It's uniqueness is one of the things that made me enjoy it so much. It was so different, so off from everything else.

I'm always looking for something new in shows and movies. Watching the same cliches and stories unfold over and over gets old. It's a shame the show turned out the way it did. Had Lynch and Frost been allowed to do what they wanted, it would have been great.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

One of my favorite scenes. Spoilers of course.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Only weekly shows I look forward to are ...

- Sleepy Hollow

- Grimm

- Vikings (2015 return   :-(

- TWD

- Feherty

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

It's weird, but I am more and more looking forward to watching Men in Blazers . It's a soccer recap show, but I watch it more for the comedy than for the football if that's to believed. One of the hosts produced Win Ben Stein's Money . Call me crazy!

Steve

Only weekly shows I look forward to are ... - Sleepy Hollow - Grimm - Vikings (2015 return   :-( - TWD - Feherty

Grimm? Interesting. It's on Amazon and I tried the 1st ep, don't recall if I got all the way through it, may have fallen asleep. But, good to hear someone else likes it, will prompt me to return to it (still binging on Suits currently, about 4 eps into season 2)

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Quote:

Originally Posted by inthehole

Only weekly shows I look forward to are ...

- Sleepy Hollow

- Grimm

- Vikings (2015 return

- TWD

- Feherty

Grimm? Interesting. It's on Amazon and I tried the 1st ep, don't recall if I got all the way through it, may have fallen asleep. But, good to hear someone else likes it, will prompt me to return to it (still binging on Suits currently, about 4 eps into season 2)

Grimm is one of the better produced shows I've seen lately.   It's well written and the cgi graphics are pretty amazing - I think that's why there's such long breaks between seasons - it just takes a long time to produce those episodes (same thing for Vikings - each one is such a production - takes a lot of time to make them).     The quasi-German names used to describe the monsters in Grimm are pure comedy !!

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I was pretty impressed with the season premiere of Arrow tonight. Arsenal seems to be a solid addition to the team, and is much cooler than watching a Thea/Roy subplot. Plus with Ray Palmer added to mix, I think season three has the potential for some awesomeness. Even if it's on the CW.

Corey

This looks so good. Frances McDormand kills it. And that cover of Magic. Wow.

Steve

Can you imagine making the following pitch for a new show:

Quote:

So, we take the legend of sleepy hallow, where the school teacher was either killed by the ghost of a hessian horseman or his competition for the lady he desired.  But, instead of taking place after the war, it takes place during the war.  And instead of being a teacher in love, Ichabod is a soldier on a secret mission from George Washington to hunt down the headless horsemen, who isn't a ghost of someone killed in the war, but some sort of supernatural soldier.  THEN, instead of getting his head cut off while walking through the woods, leaving the reader to wonder whether it was the horseman or the other suitor, the lady his wife and the other suiter doesn't exist at all.  So instead, Ichabod meets the horseman on the battlefield, where their blood mixes.  Then, 200 years later, the headless horseman comes back from the dead, and since his blood mixed with Ichabod's, he comes back to life too (duh).  Then Icabod teams up with a police officer to solve mysteries.

How does that get green lit (lighted?)?

Also, I just read that HBO will start selling online subscriptions next year.  This is huge!

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Can you imagine making the following pitch for a new show:   [QUOTE] So, we take the legend of sleepy hallow, where the school teacher was either killed by the ghost of a hessian horseman or his competition for the lady he desired.  But, instead of taking place after the war, it takes place during the war.  And instead of being a teacher in love, Ichabod is a soldier on a secret mission from George Washington to hunt down the headless horsemen, who isn't a ghost of someone killed in the war, but some sort of supernatural soldier.  THEN, instead of getting his head cut off while walking through the woods, leaving the reader to wonder whether it was the horseman or the other suitor, the lady his wife and the other suiter doesn't exist at all.  So instead, Ichabod meets the horseman on the battlefield, where their blood mixes.  Then, 200 years later, the headless horseman comes back from the dead, and since his blood mixed with Ichabod's, he comes back to life too (duh).  Then Icabod teams up with a police officer to solve mysteries.   [/QUOTE] How does that get green lit (lighted?)? [rule] Also, I just read that HBO will start selling online subscriptions next year.  This is huge!

Sleepy Hollow, I'm watching in real time. It's so batsh&t; crazy you don't care if it's totally illogical and full of plot holes. The headless horseman uses a sawed off shotgun Terminator style. Lots of US history co-opted and turned into supernatural tales. I wonder if this HBO deal is the real thing. The wording sounds kind of vague. Fingers crossed.

Steve

Sleepy Hollow, I'm watching in real time. It's so batsh&t; crazy you don't care if it's totally illogical and full of plot holes.

The headless horseman uses a sawed off shotgun Terminator style. Lots of US history co-opted and turned into supernatural tales.

I wonder if this HBO deal is the real thing. The wording sounds kind of vague. Fingers crossed.

haha, i know the show is popular, but its not my cup of tea, I guess.  But most of all, I don't get why they bother calling it sleepy hollow if you change ALL of the significant parts of the story?  The only things that remain are the characters names.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevets88

Sleepy Hollow, I'm watching in real time. It's so batsh&t; crazy you don't care if it's totally illogical and full of plot holes.

The headless horseman uses a sawed off shotgun Terminator style. Lots of US history co-opted and turned into supernatural tales.

I wonder if this HBO deal is the real thing. The wording sounds kind of vague. Fingers crossed.

haha, i know the show is popular, but its not my cup of tea, I guess.  But most of all, I don't get why they bother calling it sleepy hollow if you change ALL of the significant parts of the story?  The only things that remain are the characters names.

True. These days, so many movies, tv shows based some original story, barely recognizable. I'm also watching Manhattan, while the technical details with regards to the development of the atom bomb is true, the characters are totally fiction, with the exception of major figures like Leslie Groves, Oppenheimer.

Steve

I haven't had the time to watch my recorded Sleepy Hollow episodes yet. I've really been digging the Flash so far.  I thought I heard mention of a dude named Ronnie, last night, which in comic books, can only mean one thing:  Firestorm!!

Corey

And now CBS, too.  http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/17/business/cbs-to-offer-web-subscription-service.html?_r=0

Are the floodgates opening up?

I probably wouldn't pay for CBS.  Really all I want is HBO.  I don't even care about ESPN anymore, which has basically become TMZ now.  Hulu fills in the network shows nicely.

Live sports can be a pain, but one of @nevets88 's links to reddit showed me how to fake the NFL into thinking I live abroad so I purchased their online streaming service and can watch all the games.  I live out of market for my hockey team, so my NHL game pass covers that.  Same with baseball.

The only thing I'm missing now are the random college football games.  I'm a ND fan, so I get most of their games over the air on nbc but when two good teams play that I don't follow, I usually miss those.  Gone are the days of flipping back and forth between games on a saturday afternoon.  That, and the baseball playoff games on FOX are the only thing I'm missing these days.  Oh, and that my abc doesn't come in well over the air and I'm not sure what I'm going to do saturday night for ND/FSU.

edit: WatchESPN will have the ND/FSU game, so I"m set there.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

I just got caught up on Boardwalk Empire.  Man, that last episode...  Don't want to spoil it though.  Only 2 episodes left.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

I just got caught up on Boardwalk Empire.  Man, that last episode...  Don't want to spoil it though.  Only 2 episodes left.

I did NOT see either of those things* going down like that.

Nelson and Chalky!

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

I did NOT see either of those things* going down like that.

Yup.  Me either.  Sniff.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080