IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

I'm well into season four of The Shield. This show has some very excellent plots and subplots. And I like how it was tackling current event issues of the day. But what has been killing it for me has been the acting. There's a few good actors in there, but for the most part this show plays like amateur theatre on television. The Strike Team is particularly cringe worthy. Unless the guys playing Lem and Shane are real ex cops whom they cast for realism, yikes.

While I'm bitching, this season of True Detective has been painfully slow. And there's a little too much angst going on.

I just about have the time to do a binge of this seasons Hannibal. Hopefully it's good.

Hannibal started out very abstractly, very WTF, even for Hannibal, then got back to "normal" and even back to season one. How it airs on NBC is beyond me. Some disturbing scenes, I mean all time Hannibal disturbing.

Deutschland 83 finished w/a fairly satisfying conclusion. Looking forward to Deutschland 86 and more 80s music.

Finishing up The Crimson Field, one of the many shows made to commemorate WW I. A bit soap opera in some bits but enough WWI facets I didn't know to be interesting.

HBO's Westworld tease:

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hannibal started out very abstractly, very WTF, even for Hannibal, then got back to "normal" and even back to season one. How it airs on NBC is beyond me. Some disturbing scenes, I mean all time Hannibal disturbing.

Deutschland 83 finished w/a fairly satisfying conclusion. Looking forward to Deutschland 86 and more 80s music.

Finishing up The Crimson Field, one of the many shows made to commemorate WW I. A bit soap opera in some bits but enough WWI facets I didn't know to be interesting.

HBO's Westworld tease:

I loved the original Westworld Movie, hope the series does it justice.  Don't remember the Beyond Westworld TV show of the 80's.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

• 2 weeks later...
Into the 6th Episode of Bosch on Amazon Prime, very good so far.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I finished the final season of The Shield a few days ago. I still can't decide if I was satisfied with the ending. The first few episodes of The Knick seem promising. Hopefully I can watch more of it soon.

Corey

Finished Bosch, was very good detective show.  Really like Titus Welliver.  Hopefully they will come out with a Season 2.  Update: Season 2 is coming, sweet.

I just started watching Continuum, made it through the first 4 episodes.  I like it so far.

-Jerry

Rick and Morty. So funny.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Did a rewatch of the final season of Fringe over the last few days. Very well done show. John Noble is the bees knees as Walter Bishop. If you're ever trying to give it a go and find the first few episodes clunky, don't worry, it gets much better. Plus it has the occasional Leonard Nimoy appearance.

Corey

Watched Fear the Walking Dead for Kim Dickens, such a great actress. The other leads aren't bad either w/exception of the daughter. Interesting enough to keep watching but not as good as the original pilot so far. Narcos, the first episode was okay - not as good as Traffic although not fair to compare. It bought my attention to Escobar, Patron del mal, filmed in Columbia, also on Netflix. I think I'll give that a watch but it's almost 80 episodes. Still have yet to get to Scrotal Recall or Kimmy Schmidt. Too much content.

Steve

Originally Posted by nevets88

Watched Fear the Walking Dead for Kim Dickens, such a great actress. The other leads aren't bad either w/exception of the daughter. Interesting enough to keep watching but not as good as the original pilot so far.

Agree that FTWD isn't up to TWD standards, but has been pretty good so far, except does everyone seem especially dumb.  The Mom see's her whacked out sons friend get run over by the truck and get back up and then gets run over again and see's him move his head towards them when he should be dead.  Then in the next episode she sees her principal with blood all over him shambling towards her and she doesn't freak out until the guy is trying to eat the kid?  I know I saw an article with Robert Kirkman that the people in this time haven't had Zombie 101, but the Mom should've known after seeing the dead friend walking around.

-Jerry

I liked the original pilot better because it was a novelty back then and I thought we were going to get a more World War Z - the book - type story. Plus Lenny James was amazing. Plus I consider the pilot to be all 4 episodes so more drawn out. I watch zombie shows not for the zombies but to see how humanity deals w/the world going to cr@p. Which is why I background hate watched TWD after mid season one. Became repetitive. Fear TWD has promise because we are going to see in slow motion how the world devolves into the world of TWD. And it's nice to see a female lead, and again, Kim Dickens, she of Deadwood and Treme. Also LOST, Gone Girl. Also catching up w/Mr Robot. Up to episode 5, after not liking the first 1/2 hour of the pilot and giving up on it only to be told to watch it. I change my mind and am really interested in seeing how it all plays out. Very easy to do now that all the episodes are available. The show makes NYC look clean, like all shows do, but this one because of the exposure. It's not. It's filthy. It's like I'm watching NYC, airbrushed to the nth degree. And it's been said before, but hard to believe this show is on USA, home to so many vanilla procedurals - which is a taste thing - I just like my shows to have an edge. I didn't like the first episode of Humans either. Maybe I need to revisit it.

Steve

Did a rewatch of the final season of Fringe over the last few days. Very well done show. John Noble is the bees knees as Walter Bishop. If you're ever trying to give it a go and find the first few episodes clunky, don't worry, it gets much better. Plus it has the occasional Leonard Nimoy appearance.

Based on this post, I fought through those clunky 1st eps and have enjoyed it. Into season 2 now, ep 4 or 5. My problem with it are the seemingly throw-away eps that don't appear to have any relevance to the underlying theme of an alternate universe, etc. They may throw a line in here or there but I'm much more interested in the larger story and find myself bored at the minor worms in my belly bullshit episodes. Does the main story eventually take center stage or do we have to suffer through these throw-aways for the entirety of the series?

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Anyone like the original British The Office? I think it's the greatest comedy ever made. I've seen every episode so many times and it still amazes me.

Colin P.

Anyone like the original British The Office? I think it's the greatest comedy ever made. I've seen every episode so many times and it still amazes me.

Ah, David Brent. My first intro to cringe docu mocku bleak comedy a long long time ago in a television space nothing like what we have today.  Yes I do. Yes, I do. Sherlock's Watson, now Hobbit, was in this show as the perpetually put upon guy trying to figure out where it all went wrong. Hard to believe it's going to be 15 years old soon. I thought cringe comedy would have run its course by now, but no. Oh and Gareth. How can we forget Gareth. What a nutjob.

Steve

Ah, David Brent. My first intro to cringe docu mocku bleak comedy a long long time ago in a television space nothing like what we have today.  Yes I do. Yes, I do. Sherlock's Watson, now Hobbit, was in this show as the perpetually put upon guy trying to figure out where it all went wrong. Hard to believe it's going to be 15 years old soon. I thought cringe comedy would have run its course by now, but no. Oh and Gareth. How can we forget Gareth. What a nutjob.

Lol lol lol I just watched that episode last night!!! The stuff that gets me is the bleak, stark, real-mess of it....And the interplay between Tim and Dawn....that made me cry....

Colin P.

Based on this post, I fought through those clunky 1st eps and have enjoyed it. Into season 2 now, ep 4 or 5. My problem with it are the seemingly throw-away eps that don't appear to have any relevance to the underlying theme of an alternate universe, etc. They may throw a line in here or there but I'm much more interested in the larger story and find myself bored at the minor worms in my belly bullshit episodes. Does the main story eventually take center stage or do we have to suffer through these throw-aways for the entirety of the series?

The end of season two really kicks things into high gear. Unfortunately, there are filler episodes littered in seasons three and four. Season five is all one big, final story arc. One of the later seasons even has the dreaded musical episode. Which totally blew, except for Anna Torv getting all hotted out.

Corey