IGNORED

Hole in One - Do You Buy Drinks?

colin007
Note: This thread is 1799 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hole in One  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Did/Would you buy the drinks after an ace?

• Yes - I did/would buy a round for everyone in the clubhouse
    • No - I didn't/wouldn't buy a round for everyone in the clubhouse

Looks like a resounding NO... bunch of cheap bastards!

It cost me $200 20 years ago... I'm not spending that equivalent at today's prices for a bunch of mooches I don't even know. I'll buy a round for friends, but that's where I draw the line.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When you get a hole in one at my club they give you a bottle of scotch, you can then choose to leave it on the bar so that everyone who comes in after their round can have a drink from it. I'd be more than happy to do that but I'm not big on the idea of using my own money though.

What's in my Eagles & Birdies Bag:
taylormade.gif R9 SuperTri Stiff 10.5˚
mizuno.gif MX-700 15˚ 3W Stiff
mizuno.gif MX-700 20˚ & 23˚ Hybrid Stiff
mizuno.gif MP 52 4-PW Nippon 950 Stiffmizuno.gif MP - T 10 52˚/07˚ & 58˚/10˚ping.gif Redwood Anser 34"titleist.gif Pro V1x FJD   

I always found it a strange concept.

Surely you should have evryone buy you a drink ;)

Driver 907 D2 9.5 deg driver. Stiff V2
3 wood Burner Bubble Firesole Steel-Tungsten R-80
Irons fat shaft 02H
Wedge vokey Oil can 56 Degree
Lob Wedge 588 RTG 60 Degree Putter Cushin 1975 ballsh pro v1

In my highschool tournament last year a kid got a hole in one, and his coach (and another coach) pitched in to get all of the kids small fountain pops.

Driver:Titleist 910 D3

3 Wood Cleveland XLS Hibore
4 Hybird: Cleveland Launcher 4 Iron
Irons: Titleist AP2 irons 4-PW
Wedges: Titlesit 52 degree spin milled Titleist 56 degree spin milled Titleist 60 degree Spin Milled   
Putter: Studio Select 2 Midslant Scotty Cameron

I got back to the house they're were three people in the bar... i closed the place on $27.

haha, i would for this amount of $$. otherwise, no, if you get a hole in one it's gotta be like your birthday...only better. unlike your bday, you'll

wanna celebrate this day every year for the rest of your life! to those of you who have achieved this, congrats...i'm still shooting at the golden dragon with the unicorn horn crapping platinum eggs.
callaway.gif FT-i 9*
nike.gif CPR Hybrid 18*
titleist.gif 735cm 3-PW
nike.gif SV 56*, 60*
odyssey.gif White Hot #8 

I'll buy for my group, and any possible witnesses ...
I'll have a club soda with lime please ...

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

I'd buy for my group, friends or not. But certainly not the whole clubhouse.

Driver: Tour Burner TP 9.5* Whiteboard Stiff
Hybrid: Rescue Dual 19*
Irons: 4-pw Mp-32 S300
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 56* and 60*
Putter: Newport 2 34" 340gBall: Pro-V1 or NXT-tourShoes: Adidas Tour 360 LTD

In my group, sure, but not for everyone in the clubhouse. I'm a poor golfer and I don't have that kind of money.

If I had the money, I would in a heartbeat though.

In my bag:
'07 Burner (10.5*) Driver
Unknown model 3 & 5 Woods (next to get replaced)
Rescue (21*) Hybrid
Di7 4i-GW 56/08 Oil Can Wedge Rossa Blade Putter NXT Tour Balls

Nope....the honor of them buying me drinks the rest of the day would be in order.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

f no, they shoud buy you drinks

Superlight Stand Bag
909D2 9.5° Diamana S
909F2 15.5° Diamana S
909F2 18.5° Diamana S
AP2 Project X 5.5 3-PW Vokey Spin Milled 52° 56° 60° Studio Select Newport 2 Pro V1Home Course - http://www.huronoaks.com (Home of Mike Weir)

my first ace was when i was underage :) no buying beer for me haha

Superlight Stand Bag
909D2 9.5° Diamana S
909F2 15.5° Diamana S
909F2 18.5° Diamana S
AP2 Project X 5.5 3-PW Vokey Spin Milled 52° 56° 60° Studio Select Newport 2 Pro V1Home Course - http://www.huronoaks.com (Home of Mike Weir)

i couldn't even fathom a hole in one at this point of my game.........if i did I might be so excited that I would...........but probably not

i agree with everyone in my group, including strangers.

i would think that after buying the house a drink people would be kind enough to treat you the rest of the time you're there..........but in this day and age that probably would not happen.

in my bag right now -- working on upgrading

G5 10.5* driver
Sumo2 15* 3wood
everything else - XL series ($199 set)next step is a putter..........then irons

I've always thought I would just tell the bartender to run my credit card for $100, then first-come, first-served on drinks.

It's a hole in freaking one! I'm sure not going to celebrate it by slinking to my car and ducking down while driving away.

Yes.

At my club (and I think many clubs in the UK) it's traditional for anyone getting a hole in one to purchase a bottle of Whisky and anyone who wants a drink is welcome to a nip. It is not tradition to purchase individual drinks.

I like this tradition, it doesn't cost much (most clubs supply the whisky close to cost) and it allows everyone to join the celebration of a relatively unusual event which is good for club atmosphere.

It's also becoming common in the UK to purchase golf insurance which amongst other things covers 'hole in 1 costs'. Don't know if this is common elsewhere.

To date I've never had an ace - and unbelievably it's nearly 3 years since one was recorded at our club!

Driver - RAM FX V
3 Wood - Callaway Steelhead Hybrid - Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21 degree
Irons - Titleist DCI 4-PW
Wedges - Cleveland CG10, 52, 56, 60 degree
Putter - Rife Antigua

I have never aced a hole. If I did I would follow basic common sense:

1. one round for the people in your group. whether friends, strangers... i don´t care. i would offer them one round to celebrate the event at the 19th
2. if once a the clubhouse there are less than 5 other people at the bar, i´d extend that one round to everyone there.

Please don´t swing while I´m talking !!

I replied "No" but I'm kind of in the middle on this. At my home course I buy Hole-In-One insurance each year that charges me a couple bucks whenever another member gets an ace, but then the club provides those with insurance a drink when an ace is made. If I ever make an ace then I don't buy anything, I get some pro-shop credit (a couple hundred bucks I think) and everyone gets free drinks from the club. Lat season there was 5 or so aces at our club.

If I was playing elsewhere with friends I'd buy those in my group a drink, but not people I didn't know, unless I was a couple cocktails deep then who knows what would happen.

Never had an ace though..... this could be the year!

G15 9* w/Aldila Serrano 63S
FT 4 wood w/ Aldila NVS 75S
i15 20* hybrid w/UST Mamiya Avix Core Tour Red 84S
4-PW MP-57 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 (+0.5")
52, 56 and 60 degree MP-10 Satin w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge FlexStudio Stock #4, BB25, Fastback 1.5 or Backstryke Blade..... @ 34"P...

Note: This thread is 1799 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!