IGNORED

Ogio bag decision

Note: This thread is 5155 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Help me decide please! I'm leaning towards the 09 petrol Grom because of price. The price of the 09 Ozone has me thinking as well. I like the new stealth pattern but dont think it's worth the extra $. Any advice/thoughts appreciated.

09 Grom Petrol:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2009-OGIO-GR...item2eab8c8052

09 Icon Army:
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-2009-O...item2eab862b4d

09 Grom Black Pin:
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-2009-O...item335af35f12

09 Ozone Black:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2009-OGIO-OZ...item335aecd37b

I'm still using this old ( I bought in 2006) Ogio Grom stand bag. I have a Ping cart bag, Mizuno and my Ogio. I have yet to give up the old Ogio Grom stand bag. It's too useful and it has useful pockets. My other just collect dust with old clubs in them.

Don't know what else to tell you other than you can't go wrong with an Ogio bag.

I have the 4th one you listed there and actually bought it from the exact same place...You can't beat the price! Plus the 'woode' design is in a class by itself! That alone made my decision fairly easy, not alone the bag is not heavy whatsoever...has all the nice features,etc...you cant go wrong with Ogio..

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

I've got the O-zone bag and I've been pretty happy with it. It's held up well and they look great, my only issue is the one pocket I normally use for all my tees, ball markers, divot tools, etc. gets strapped in when I ride on a golf cart. So i have to unstrap the bag to get into that pocket. Otherwise it's a great bag.

Driver: 910D3 - Oban Kiyoshi 75 X / 909D3 - Oban Devotion 7 X
3 Wood: R9 TP - Oban Devotion 8 05
Hybrid: 909H - Project X Graphite
Irons: 4-6 AP2 - Project X 6.5 / 7-W MB - Project X 6.5
Wedges: Scratch 1018 52/56/60 KBS Tour XPutter: SC Button Back Newport 34" / SC Del Mar 34" / SC SS Newport...

The Ozone is a great choice if you walk much. The Grom is also a wonderful bag, but is a bit on the heavy side of things when it comes to carry bags... Good choice, you will enjoy it!

In my Ozone stand bag:
Driver: 909 D2 9.5
3 Wood: MT-15
Irons: 1025-C 3-P
Gap: Spin Milled 52-06 Oil-CanSand: Spin Milled 56-08 RawLob: Spin Milled 60-13 Oil-CanPutter: AntiguaBall: Z-Star X

I've got the O-zone bag and I've been pretty happy with it. It's held up well and they look great, my only issue is the one pocket I normally use for all my tees, ball markers, divot tools, etc. gets strapped in when I ride on a golf cart. So i have to unstrap the bag to get into that pocket. Otherwise it's a great bag.

If it's the pocket I think you are talking about, that is supposed to be the "valuables" pocket. It even has a little stretchy pouch inside of it to put your cell phone in. I currently have the Ozone listed in the last link you gave (black with silver/white accent stitching), but for my birthday (it's on Monday) my wife got me an '10 Grom in the Blackwatch Plaid design (blue and green plaid). One thing you might want to look into though is the upgrades they made to the Grom for 2010, mainly the upgraded stand mechanism. My Ozone doesn't always expand as well as it should, and I end up having to pull the legs out myself before setting the bag down. With the upgraded system, this isn't supposed to be a problem anymore. The '09 and '10 Ozone and the '09 Grom have the old stand mechanism; the '10 Grom has the updated one. For the price break they are giving on the '09 models, you can't really go wrong with any of them.

I've got an Ozone that I purchased off of Rockbottomgolf.com for a very reasonable price. Would have been HAPPY to pay full price for it - I love it.

I see your point about when you're on a cart. If I'll need extra tees or something and don't feel like having a bunch of tees floating around the cart or in my pocket...I just put them in a ziplock bag (the kind with the sliding tab on the top to make sure that they're always closed) and put them in the ball compartment.

Ozone's a great carry bag!!!

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

Does anyone know if there are any other differences between the '09 and '10 Grom other than the stand mechanism? Is the stand mechanism that big of a deal?

I'm also looking at the '10 Ogio Grom possibly since I've got a deal through work. Any opinions on the grom in general?

:cobra: Fly-Z+ White
:callaway: XR 3 Wood
:adams: Idea Pro Black 21*
:callaway: XR 4 Hybrid
:callaway: Apex 5, Apex Pro 6,7 Apex MB 8,9,P
:tmade: 50° Gap Wedge
:callaway: Mack Daddy 2 54° 58°
:nike: Method 001 33"

I've got the 09 Grom and it's the best bag I've had so far. The stand mechanism is not perfect, but has not been a problem for me so far. Everything on the bag still works like a charm.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Does anyone know if there are any other differences between the '09 and '10 Grom other than the stand mechanism? Is the stand mechanism that big of a deal?

I'm also looking at the '10 Ogio Grom possibly since I've got a deal through work. Any opinions on the grom in general?

The '10 Grom is one of the best "all-around" bags I think I've ever come across. It's definitely not the lightest bag out there, but it's the most useful and well-designed carry bag I've ever had. All the pockets are useful and well placed, the TORQ strap works wonders (keeps the bag from twisting on the cart), and the new stand mechanism does seem to function better than the one I had on my old Ozone bag. The one thing with most Ogio bags though is that the color schemes can be a bit "out there" without many "traditional/normal" colors.

i have owned 5, yes 5 Ogio bags, from the Ozone to the Vaporlite to the Grom....stand mechanism broke in all of them
i hear they updated it for 2010, but who knows

they look the best, but if they dont work why bother?

i love my new Mizuno Aerolite III
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

i have owned 5, yes 5 Ogio bags, from the Ozone to the Vaporlite to the Grom....stand mechanism broke in all of them

The stand mechanism was upgraded for the '10 Grom, but the rest of the '10 stand bags are still using the old stand. I only have used my '10 Grom for a couple rounds so far, but the new design does seem to work much, much better. It also seems more robust and not at cheap-looking as the one on my old Ozone.

How do you treat your golf bag if you manage to break 5 of them?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Can anyone explain exactly what the woodie (sp?) club separation thing works? If I get one I'd be going from a 14 holed top which I like, to what looks like one that has like 5 or 6 areas? All the pictures on the site kind of suck when I'm looking at that part in particular :/

:cobra: Fly-Z+ White
:callaway: XR 3 Wood
:adams: Idea Pro Black 21*
:callaway: XR 4 Hybrid
:callaway: Apex 5, Apex Pro 6,7 Apex MB 8,9,P
:tmade: 50° Gap Wedge
:callaway: Mack Daddy 2 54° 58°
:nike: Method 001 33"

How do you treat your golf bag if you manage to break 5 of them?

like gold...just like the rest of my gear

the design is crap, plain and simple 2 of those bag's were my wifes and she golfs twice a year Ogio TYPICALLY makes qualify gear bags.....their golf bags are another story
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Not a big fan of ogio bags, either. Ive had two of the stand bags. A gentle breeze blows them over because the deployment legs is awful and the felt in the woode' system area wears quickly and burnt all of the paint off my graphite shafts. Id never by one again.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Note: This thread is 5155 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!